Whats the Minimum Wage??

If it were up to me, I would repeal the whole Bush tax cut......we can't afford it

But maintaining the ~ 50% of the cut for those in the highest tax bracket does not make sense. Neither does continuing these wars indefinitely

That's what the Democratic Congress just decided to do. They skipped town without taking action on it. You should be proud. Let me know in Nov how that one works out.
THose in the highest bracket are also the most sensitive to changes in the code. They are also the most productive in society.
And the wars aren't continuing indefinitely. In Iraq Obama pulled out all combat troops. Right? (Never mind he followed Bush's framework). In Afghanistan he promises to be out next summer. Right? Let's see how that strategy works out.

THose in the highest bracket are also the most sensitive to changes in the code.They are also the most productive in society.

Actually it is the American workers who are most productive. Year after year,they lead the world in productivity. They work longer hours and produce more. They also have progressively less to show for it.

Meanwhile, American CEOs make more money than CEOs anywhere in the world and are losing market share to foreign companies

It is true American workers are more productive than their counterparts elsewhere.
It is also true that light moves faster than sound.
How either of those is relevant to this discussion is beyond me.

I think you need to clarify that statement Peeps.

Are you trying to say that an absolute free market is stupid or are you saying that any and all free market principles are stupid?

An absolute free market, of course. Otherwise, I would have said "free market priniciples". The OP I was responding to was bandying about the free market "conservative" wet dream again. Sadly, free market principles aren't working very well for us either, I might add, are they?

How do you know it's the free market not working? As oppossed to maybe too much government regulation?

I think you need to clarify that statement Peeps.

Are you trying to say that an absolute free market is stupid or are you saying that any and all free market principles are stupid?

An absolute free market, of course. Otherwise, I would have said "free market priniciples". The OP I was responding to was bandying about the free market "conservative" wet dream again. Sadly, free market principles aren't working very well for us either, I might add, are they?

How do you know it's the free market not working? As oppossed to maybe too much government regulation?

People don't get this.
They think the free market isn't working whenever there is an economic downturn. They dont realize that IS part of the free market mechanism. I heard George Soros say pretty much this on the radio once. That markets don't self regulate.
The answer is, no they do self regulate. Downturns are the means to do that. Companies that were stupid go out of business. Other companies buy their assets at pennies on the dollar and then make lots of money. But when gov't tries to circumvent that cycle they end up bailing out old inefficient stupid companies and they never set the stage for the next upturn. James Grant's The Trouble with Prosperity details all this.

We still cut taxes without a corresponding cut in spending. Engaging in two wars that are off the budget and paying for them with tax cuts is pure idiocy..

your turn........:rolleyes:

So if Obama is doing that why do you think he will be among the greatest presidents?

If it were up to me, I would repeal the whole Bush tax cut......we can't afford it

But maintaining the ~ 50% of the cut for those in the highest tax bracket does not make sense. Neither does continuing these wars indefinitely

I think the question was why do you bash Bush, but suck Obama's dick when neither of them helped the deficit and Obama is handling it pretty much the same way Bush did?

So if Obama is doing that why do you think he will be among the greatest presidents?

I think the question was why do you bash Bush, but suck Obama's dick when neither of them helped the deficit and Obama is handling it pretty much the same way Bush did?

Only if "handling it pretty much the same" means tripling it.

Bern80...what kind of a JACKASS are you?

How can you honestly and with a straight-face compare Bush to Obama?

Firstly, Obama wasn't handed a TANKING economy. Secondly, Obama didn't take the country into an UNECCESARRY and MASSIVELY EXPENSIVE war, both financially and mortally. Thirdly, Obama didn't install RECKLESS POLICIES such as cutting taxes in a time when taxes were MOST NEEDED. Fourthly, Obama didn't DEREGULATE Big Business to the point that it cause the entire American Economy and damn near the World Economy to COLLAPSE.

Nobody is sucking Obama's dick you dumb summamabatch, Obama's desperately trying to FIX these things...he didn't CAUSE them. I think it's time for you to pull Bush's KAWK out of your filthy mouth...SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

Last edited:

Firstly, Obama wasn't handed a TANKING economy. Secondly, Obama didn't take the country into an UNECCESARRY and MASSIVELY EXPENSIVE war, both financially and mortally. Thirdly, Obama didn't install RECKLESS POLICIES such as cutting taxes in a time when taxes were MOST NEEDED. Fourthly, Obama didn't DEREGULATE Big Business to the point that it cause the entire American Economy and damn near the World Economy to COLLAPSE.

Nobody is sucking Obama's dick ou dumb summamabatch, but I think it's time your pull Bush's KAWK out of your mouth...SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

You're partly right.
Obama was not handed a tanking economy. He was handed a recovering economy. He just made it tank. Bush actually inherited a tanking economy.
Obama didnt take the couuntry into an expensive war. He merely took an existing success in Afghanistan and has turned it into failure.
Obama didnt de-regulate big business. Neither did George Bush.
You are sucking Obama's big negro penis so hard you don't even know what you are posting anymore.

Because not all debt is created equal

I can borrow $10,000 to fix my roof, while you borrow $10,000 for a weekend in Vegas....it is not the same

The US economy was on the brink of Depression and it needed an infusion of cash. The US Govt was the only entitity that had the resources to save the banks and auto industry. That money prevented economic disaster and much of it is being repaid. Stimulus provided tax cuts (bad use of money) and police, fire, teachers and construction jobs. It was the Government borrowing money to ease the pain of a deep recession.

Now, lets look at Bush.

He borrowed $5 trillion....where did it go?
$2 trillion to pay for tax cuts to the wealthy
$2 trillion on two wars
$1 trillion on an unfunded Medicare prescription plan

Only if "handling it pretty much the same" means tripling it.
Don't you ever get tired of lying??? :eusa_liar:

Nobody is sucking Obama's dick ou dumb summamabatch, but I think it's time your pull Bush's KAWK out of your mouth...SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

You're partly right.
Obama was not handed a tanking economy. He was handed a recovering economy. He just made it tank. Bush actually inherited a tanking economy.
Obama didnt take the couuntry into an expensive war. He merely took an existing success in Afghanistan and has turned it into failure.
You are sucking Obama's big negro penis so hard you don't even know what you are posting anymore.

Damn you are one DUMB Mother Effer.

Wow...just WoW!!

bush-kool-aid-bof.jpg

You're partly right.

Damn you are one DUMB Mother Effer.

Wow...just WoW!!

bush-kool-aid-bof.jpg

Fell free to post actual evidence supporting anything you've written.
Otherwise shut the fuck up.

Nobody is sucking Obama's dick you dumb summamabatch, Obama's desperately trying to FIX these things...he didn't CAUSE them. I think it's time for you to pull Bush's KAWK out of your filthy mouth...SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

You're 'we just gotta give government our money' mentality indicates you probably won't be able to have much of an intelligent conversation about this. You can keep giving money to the crack whore that is our government. I'm keeping as much of mine as can. I am no Bush worshiper either. But this bull shit about Obama being a relative messiah to you tards is about as ridiculous.

Trying to fix things? What is Obama doing SPECIFICALLY to address the deficit? Has he added to it or decreased it? Has he gotten us out of those wars are continued them?

Last edited:

You're 'we just gotta give government our money' mentality indicates you probably won't be able to have much of an intelligent conversation about this.

Trying to fix things? What is Obama doing SPECIFICALLY to address the deficit? Has he added to it or decreased it? Has he gotten us out of those wars are continued them?

What is Obama doing? He is blaming Bush and teh GOP as he triples down on the deficit. We need to keep spending to avoid bankruptcy. Whcih is like fucking to avoid pregnancy.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFEcyUNBjg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFEcyUNBjg[/ame]

that's some new rightwing bs that's as good as wingnuts saying terrorist didn't strike under Bush's watch. Kudo's for rewriting Bush's history so fast.

You're 'we just gotta give government our money' mentality indicates you probably won't be able to have much of an intelligent conversation about this.

What is Obama doing? He is blaming Bush and teh GOP as he triples down on the deficit. We need to keep spending to avoid bankruptcy. Whcih is like fucking to avoid pregnancy.
You gotta love how CON$ just keep parroting the same lies over and over. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

You're partly right.

WOW!

I nominate this for BIZARRO World post of the month!

bizarrocode.jpg

Last edited:

You gotta love how CON$ just keep parroting the same lies over and over. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Is it or is it not a true statement that Obama is adding to the deficit?

It is not true that Obama is tripling Bush's deficit, and you know this by the way you worded your question!

It is not true that Obama is tripling Bush's deficit, and you know this by the way you worded your question!

Actually it is.

You can not credit bush for his last budget year because democrats refused to send the budget to him because it did not contain enough spending. Thus Obama signed the last sections.

Sorry to inject facts.

Forum List

Back