Whats the Minimum Wage??

I don't understand you guys. You have absolute, undying faith in the free market and corporation, even after it's proven time and again that NO ONE is trustworthy.

EXACTLY! The the reason we trust corporations more than government is because corporations have competition. Corporations (in a free market) cannot force me to do anything! It's a voluntary transaction.

A minimum wage is the single most stupid thing you can do to a free market.

A free market is the single most stupid thing you can do to a civilization.

It must really suck to be as ignorant as you demonstrate yourself to be in every post you make.

All of which are a the result of government intervention. The robber barons got that way by purchasing congress to grant them special favors. In a free market monopolies don't last, that takes government intervention.

That's exactly right. The robber barons got away with it because they got congress to do them special favors by paying them off. We kind of saw it happen again in the last 20 years or so. But the government can work properly if you listen to the majority of people rather then the wealthy who are looking out for their own interests rather then the countries interests.

A minimum wage is the single most stupid thing you can do to a free market.

A free market is the single most stupid thing you can do to a civilization.

I think you need to clarify that statement Peeps.

Are you trying to say that an absolute free market is stupid or are you saying that any and all free market principles are stupid?

All of which are a the result of government intervention. The robber barons got that way by purchasing congress to grant them special favors. In a free market monopolies don't last, that takes government intervention.

That's exactly right. The robber barons got away with it because they got congress to do them special favors by paying them off. We kind of saw it happen again in the last 20 years or so. But the government can work properly if you listen to the majority of people rather then the wealthy who are looking out for their own interests rather then the countries interests.
And if congress didn't have the power to sell, nobody would be there to buy them off.

DUUUUH!

imo the minimum wage was put in place to make sure those with no skills got enough money to just get buy.

I suceeded and failed at the same time.

It suceedes in keeping people alive, while it fails in keeping them there.

Like welfare, many people are just getting by on what they can get w/o the need to strive for more.

And if congress didn't have the power to sell, nobody would be there to buy them off.

DUUUUH!

Bingo.

I don't understand you guys. You have absolute, undying faith in the free market and corporation, even after it's proven time and again that NO ONE is trustworthy.

EXACTLY! The the reason we trust corporations more than government is because corporations have competition. Corporations (in a free market) cannot force me to do anything! It's a voluntary transaction.

He proved why we shouldn't trust the government w/o trying.

Wonder if he won't vote all (D) this time?

imo the minimum wage was put in place to make sure those with no skills got enough money to just get buy.

Like welfare, many people are just getting by on what they can get w/o the need to strive for more.
In most cases the minimum wage is irrelevant, as employers need to pay more to attract decent help.

Increasing the federal MW is merely window dressing for dopey and economically illiterate politicians, mostly on the left, to act as though they care and are somehow relevant in the lives of the peasants.

It must really suck to be as ignorant as you demonstrate yourself to be in every post you make.

Coming from you, that's a high compliment. You calling me ignorant... that's rich. Why the personal attack, neocon... did I hit a nerve?

In most cases the minimum wage is irrelevant, as employers need to pay more to attract decent help.

Increasing the federal MW is merely window dressing for dopey and economically illiterate politicians, mostly on the left, to act as though they care and are somehow relevant in the lives of the peasants.

It's also self defeating. Because the things those on MW can afford increase in price to cover the cost of the pay raise.

It's the perfect vicious cycle the keeps creating victims for the dems to save, w/o them having to admit they created the victims. :evil:

Why is it necessary to know what the exact federal minimum wage is in order to have a discussion on the merits of the federal government mandating it? Does knowing that it's $7.25 somehow add to the overall discussion on the legislation behind it?

Are you trying to say that an absolute free market is stupid or are you saying that any and all free market principles are stupid?

An absolute free market, of course. Otherwise, I would have said "free market priniciples". The OP I was responding to was bandying about the free market "conservative" wet dream again. Sadly, free market principles aren't working very well for us either, I might add, are they?

An absolute free market, of course. Otherwise, I would have said "free market priniciples". The OP I was responding to was bandying about the free market "conservative" wet dream again. Sadly, free market principles aren't working very well for us either, I might add, are they?

What free market?

You dim bulb.

We don't have free market principles in the U.S. in most markets. Big Government and its Corporatist Cronies have destroyed them.

Forum List

Back