What's the matter with parents these days?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
I blame the parents mostly for this problem of kids thinking "oral sex" isn't sex:

CHICAGO (Reuters) - One in five U.S. teenagers say they have engaged in oral sex, an activity that some adolescents view as not sex at all and certainly less risky than intercourse, a report released Monday said.

The survey of 580 children with a mean age of 14-1/2 found 20 percent said they had engaged in oral sex, compared to 14 percent who said they had engaged in sexual intercourse.

In addition, one-third of the multi-ethnic 9th graders surveyed said they intended to have oral sex within the next six months and nearly one-fourth planned to have intercourse during the period. It was more common for boys to have performed oral sex on girls than vice versa, the report said.

Read the rest at:
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20...01_N2998582_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-HEALTH-SEX-DC.html

It isn't just the parents, although that is major.

It's the sex-saturated movies, TV shows, magazines, radio shows, advertisements...

It's the pro-sex culture fomented in the colleges and universities.

It's such attitudes being taught in the K-12 classrooms in the PC sex classes.

It's due to the anti-Christianity and anti-moral attitude being promoted everywhere you look by the secularists.

It's the ACLU et al working on our culture, as in promoting homosexuality, choice for teenagers, anti-parental attitudes, etc.

It's a President who lies about having sex because it's oral.

It's about a whole political party supporting that untruth to protect their power.

etc.

ScreamingEagle said:

It's the sex-saturated movies, TV shows, magazines, radio shows, advertisements...

It's due to the anti-Christianity and anti-moral attitude being promoted everywhere you look by the secularists.

It's the ACLU et al working on our culture, as in promoting homosexuality, choice for teenagers, anti-parental attitudes, etc.

It's about a whole political party supporting that untruth to protect their power.

etc.

It's the parents not trying at all to control what kind of crap gets fed into their kids' brains... which are just like a sponge and soak up all the perversity the world can throw at them.. .:/

when you have the president of the united states saying blow jobs aren't sex you need look no further

ScreamingEagle said:

etc.

Parents can talk til thier blue in the face but kids will still experiment. This is a behavior that a parent is very unlikely to know is occuring. And there's the old catch all excuse " But it doesn't hurt anyone ".

I can never get to "manage attachments" to work.
We discussed this partially, in this forum--Tho'ts about relationships & Health--Childless Couples....& Sexual Anorexia. Not that it can't be discussed again....I just didn't want to do all that typing. :rolleyes: It's Monday.

-Cp said:
It's the parents not trying at all to control what kind of crap gets fed into their kids' brains... which are just like a sponge and soak up all the perversity the world can throw at them.. .:/

Unfortunately too many of the parents are already just as jaded as the culture. Like the blind leading the blind. Incrementalism/slippery slope has taken over and the lines are blurred.

That is why those who are actually aware and responsible need to lead our country, the parents and culture back to sanity, light and life. Those who who promote death, darkness and perversity have been in control for far too long. Of course that is why the Left is so darn scared of religious people as they know where to draw the line. Those are the parents who have yanked their kids from the public school sewers and placed them in private schools.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
ScreamingEagle said:
Unfortunately too many of the parents are already just as jaded as the culture. Like the blind leading the blind. Incrementalism/slippery slope has taken over and the lines are blurred.

That is why those who are actually aware and responsible need to lead our country, the parents and culture back to sanity, light and life. Those who who promote death, darkness and perversity have been in control for far too long. Of course that is why the Left is so darn scared of religious people as they know where to draw the line.

I also think it's because so many parents I know are so incredibly selfish when it come to their kids..

They'd rather both work so they can have "nice things" rather than spend time with their kids...

Today's insatiable appetite for new homes, cars, electronics, and other artificial means of making us feel better about ourselves has driven parents (IMO) to new heights of selfishdom..

-Cp said:
I also think it's because so many parents I know are so incredibly selfish when it come to their kids..

They'd rather both work so they can have "nice things" rather than spend time with their kids...

Today's insatiable appetite for new homes, cars, electronics, and other artificial means of making us feel better about ourselves has driven parents (IMO) to new heights of selfishdom..

what about the two parents that work to stay in a nice house, in a good school distict, to pay for all the thing that thire kids need, that is for the overall benifit of the kids

-Cp said:

True, parents have lost focus on what is really important in their life until it becomes too late. I think the "insatiable appetite" comes primarily from the imbalance of activities. Compare one hour a week at church with several hours in front of TV. In both cases they are with their kids, but there is almost no quality in life by watching TV/advertising and plenty of opportunity for the slimeball garbage to be promoted into the family's consciousness.

manu1959 said:
what about the two parents that work to stay in a nice house, in a good school distict, to pay for all the thing that thire kids need, that is for the overall benifit of the kids

Material benefit maybe----do we just forget about the emotional part?

manu1959 said:

Then they need to not worry about "having all the nice things" at the expense of not being home...

None of that crap can replace having a parent at home IMO..

i.e., any benefit of what you mention is trumped by the parents always working...

-Cp said:
Then they need to not worry about "having all the nice things" at the expense of not being home...

i.e., any benefit of what you mention is trumped by the parents always working...

so one parent stays home and they live below the poverty level in a bad area with bad schools so they can spend time with the kids?

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt

manu1959 said:
so one parent stays home and they live below the poverty level in a bad area with bad schools so they can spend time with the kids?

Heaven forbid-----a happy poor kid. LOL

-Cp said:

Even if both parents work full time they can still have well-brought up children. The devil is in the details. Responsible parents have to plan positive activities and take active charge of the direction of their kids upbringing. Most parents are just plain too tired after work and so they allow their family to be taken over by the garbage spewed nowdays from the idiot box and the other inroads. They have no plan.

Those who are promoting a culture of death, darkness, and diversity have a definite plan on how to take over our culture step by step. Details of such have even been posted on this board before.

• Thanks
Reactions: -Cp
manu1959 said:

Or how about the parents move their asses to an area that doesn't have "bad schools" ?? Move out of state if need be... jeesh....

Very few people in the traditional family structure live below the poverty level. Single parent families make up many of the poor families.

There is no substitute for time spent with your children. No amount of material possessions can make up for that. Kids don't save up their teachable moments until the parent has "quality" time. Parents need to be available when the kid wants to learn.

Not trying to bash single parents or dual income families. Of course, it is possible to raise good kids in these situations. It's just harder.

mom4 said:
Very few people in the traditional family structure live below the poverty level. Single parent families make up many of the poor families.

There is no substitute for time spent with your children. No amount of material possessions can make up for that. Kids don't save up their teachable moments until the parent has "quality" time. Parents need to be available when the kid wants to learn.

Not trying to bash single parents or dual income families. Of course, it is possible to raise good kids in these situations. It's just harder.

My issue, isn't with folks who both work, per say - However, I question their motives for both working...

I can't tell you how many couples I know of who act like it's more important to "keep up with the Jones'" then it is to have a functional family with good kids...

Additionally, I have yet to meet any dual-income household where either parent has the will or energy to keep up with their kids after a long-day's work...

-Cp said:
My issue, isn't with folks who both work, per say - However, I question their motives for both working...

I can't tell you how many couples I know of who act like it's more important to "keep up with the Jones'" then it is to have a functional family with good kids...

Additionally, I have yet to meet any dual-income household where either parent has the will or energy to keep up with their kids after a long-day's work...

I truly am grateful that my wife agreed it was important that one of us stayed home with the kids. Had she made more than I at the time the first was born it would've been me but it didn't work out that way.

dilloduck said:
Parents can talk til thier blue in the face but kids will still experiment. This is a behavior that a parent is very unlikely to know is occuring. And there's the old catch all excuse " But it doesn't hurt anyone ".

Bosh. Parents have tons of influence on what their children do. Teach them well and they will not go astray.

Forum List

Back