What's the freakin RUSH?

Feb 28, 2009
.... To get this health scare bill passed in 10 days? Why the deadline?

The bill wouldn't go into effect until September 2010 anyway!

Why not give people some time to read this bill, study it, think about it?

Oops oh, is that the answer? Like the scamwow stimulus, he wants to bumrush this thing through so people WON'T have time to read it, study it, dissect it, think about it?

Is that the answer? Or is it something else? Please discuss.

Again, I will reiterate. Whether they pass this bill NOW, or four weeks from now, or a month, two months from now DOES NOT MATTER. The law will NOT go into effect until late 2010.

So, what's the fucking rush?

the reason for the rush is that "basketball jones" will be out of political capital by the end of the year and if he doesn't get this done quickly then he'll NEVER get it done-- think about it-- next year is an election year for lots of his democrat friends and since their voters don't want this crap they'll feel less inclined to vote for it-- just keep thinking "Waterloo" baby, "Waterloo"!-- Regards, probus

the reason for the rush is that "basketball jones" will be out of political capital by the end of the year and if he doesn't get this done quickly then he'll NEVER get it done-- think about it-- next year is an election year for lots of his democrat friends and since their voters don't want this crap they'll feel less inclined to vote for it-- just keep thinking "Waterloo" baby, "Waterloo"!-- Regards, probus

Amen...

Basketball Jones... Classic.

:)

peace...

• Banned
the reason for the rush is that "basketball jones" will be out of political capital by the end of the year and if he doesn't get this done quickly then he'll NEVER get it done-- think about it-- next year is an election year for lots of his democrat friends and since their voters don't want this crap they'll feel less inclined to vote for it
I had thought about that, and I think it's way over-hyped. Were this a normal President, yeah I would give more weight to this. But Obama is not only a rock star, still wildly popular, he's also "of color" so, self preservation by Congress Critters takes a back seat.

Like these Congressional Dems worry about getting thrown out? C'mon now, didn't Byrd call his constituents "racist rednecks" DURING the campaign, and STILL got re-elected?

Add to this, the egos of the people involved. There's no way anyone's going to tell President Obama he's running out of "political capital" he just simply wouldn't believe it. He wouldn't believe it even if Michelle was telling him.

And, the arrogance of the Congress critters, getting kicked out of office is the LAST thing they fear.

So no, I don't think that's it.

i suppose that's why "Benedict" Arlen Specter switched parties-- because he isn't afraid to lose, yes?-- and he really believes in the Democratic party, yes?--sorry Midnight but i don't buy it-- there was never a creature in nature that has a more self-preserving instinct than a member of Congress-- they would eat their young if it could get them another term-- Regards, probus

• Banned
i suppose that's why "Benedict" Arlen Specter switched parties-- because he isn't afraid to lose, yes?-- and he really believes in the Democratic party, yes?--sorry Midnight but i don't buy it-- there was never a creature in nature that has a more self-preserving instinct than a member of Congress-- they would eat their young if it could get them another term-- Regards, probus
Specter wasn't threatened in his district. He might have thought so, but I seriously doubt Toomey was much of a challenge in the primary. Specter was originally a Dem anyway before.

Normally yes, Congress critters are all about survival. But this group, with this President, really believes they are untouchable.

I think they know that by the first of next year, Congressman will be in "reelection mode" and won't take a chance on passing this shit and Obama's poll numbers are dropping faster than Lassie's panties on the movie Porky's.

Last edited:
oh yeah midnight-- that's right i forgot he was a Dem before-- i'm sure he switched to Repub. for idealogical ideals and not self-preservation... or was that why he switched back to the Dems.?-- sorry, but i live in Pennsylvania and i know how much support that washed up has-been has and it's going on "nil"-- he's scrambling to stay in office and would run as an independent if it could keep him in power-- i honestly don't know where u get this idea that these Dems think they're untouchable-- just wait until 2010 and we'll see if ur thesis is correct, which i doubt Regards, probus

Oops oh, is that the answer? Like the scamwow stimulus, he wants to bumrush this thing through so people WON'T have time to read it, study it, dissect it, think about it?

Again, I will reiterate. Whether they pass this bill NOW, or four weeks from now, or a month, two months from now DOES NOT MATTER. The law will NOT go into effect until late 2010.

It's been more than 70 years since FDR introduced the idea of health care .... doesn't seem rushed to me.

It's been more than 70 years since FDR introduced the idea of health care .... doesn't seem rushed to me.

Teddy Roosevelt also proposed it but neither one had a 1000 page,unread proposal.

ya know junky, the other day on Morning Joe i heard Scarborough say that when he asks the Dems. why the "big rush" to pass some kind of health care reform he said they say: "well we have to do SOMETHING"-- and that's what it comes down to-- they don't have any better ideas to fix it than do the Repubs. but "...we have to do SOMETHING"-- what we have to not do is just throw money at it like we did with the Porkulus Bill or to Wall Street or to the Car Industry-- we may have to do something but we have to make sure it's the right thing-- this will affect our nation for the next decade at least if we fuck it up and i for one am for slow and reasoned debate-- if that takes all of Barry's 4 years as president, so be it, but we won't be railroaded and rushed into something that will wreck what is the best health care system in the world all for the want of doing SOMETHING-- Regards, probus

i honestly don't know where u get this idea that these Dems think they're untouchable--
Their arrogance shows it.
just wait until 2010 and we'll see if ur thesis is correct, which i doubt Regards, probus
The "thesis" is that they think they're untouchable. Think being the key word.

I believe not only they are touchable, but alot of them are going to be out of a job come November 2010.

My theory is, they don't believe that. They don't see the train coming while they're hung up on the tracks.

And please don't get me wrong, I DO believe Critter self-preservation and possible Obama loss of political capital IS part of the rush here. But I think other factors are playing a much larger part. For if there was a TRUE rush to get this done, they wouldn't have it waiting a YEAR before it takes effect after passage.

So, there's something else in the water, something that isn't obvious to us yet.

If our elected officials have time to read this bill then they'll have time to think about it and hear from their constituents and there's more chance that it will get voted down, simple as that I would think.

right on kev-- a "flim-flam" man usually likes to keep moving so fast u can't see all the moves 'cause u'r following ur own greed and don't see the scammer reaching for ur wallet-- kinda like close in card magic-- fast slight of hand with quick deception thrown in for good measure-- "basketball jones'" act is getting tired though and people are starting to see it ain't magic but it's all a trick-- Regards, probus

He wants it rushed through so no one will read and/or comprehend the entire thing. The more they pick this thing apart the more apparent it becomes that it isn't going to fix anything, it will only make things much, much worse and we can't afford it. I honestly don't think Obama gives a rat's ass about anyone's health care -- what he cares about is getting his bigger, more controlling government agenda pushed through. That's the end game. Don't be fooled into thinking this is about anything other than that. If it gets rushed through it'll mean more of a power grab for uncle. If he really, truly cared about 'reforming health care' he'd take his time and do it right. Someone just posted it's been 70 years since FDR introduced the idea of health care . . . all of a sudden it has to be done in what, 10 days or so? Bullshit. If it waited this long it can wait a little longer to make sure it's done right. Like I said, he doesn't care if it's done right, he just cares that it's done. That's how I see it anyway.

If our elected officials have time to read this bill then they'll have time to think about it and hear from their constituents and there's more chance that it will get voted down, simple as that I would think.
Easier to pass off lies about it in a short time, then let them linger and be scrutinized? First video is MO critter Russ Carnahan, reading a prepared statement apparently for the first time, which claims the CBO said not only is Obamacare "budget neutral" but would also result in a "surplus" over 10 years. I haven't seen or heard of that anywhere, in fact it's just the opposite. You'll see, his constituents who applauded taxing the "rich" didn't buy the story either:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=JgalO6T6jfI]YouTube - Carnahan heckled re savings in health care plan[/ame]

Same town hall meeting, Caranhan dodges questions.
[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=DeKEdCMxslM&NR=1]YouTube - russ carnahan leaves healthcare forum[/ame]

Where did Carnahan's little prepared statement come from? Was it spoonfed to him? Had he even fucking bothered to read IT before?

I have it on good authority that Michelle Obama has cut him off until he get's this health care bill passed. Also, Hillary!:lol:

He wants it rushed through so no one will read and/or comprehend the entire thing. The more they pick this thing apart the more apparent it becomes that it isn't going to fix anything, it will only make things much, much worse and we can't afford it. I honestly don't think Obama gives a rat's ass about anyone's health care -- what he cares about is getting his bigger, more controlling government agenda pushed through. That's the end game. Don't be fooled into thinking this is about anything other than that. If it gets rushed through it'll mean more of a power grab for uncle. If he really, truly cared about 'reforming health care' he'd take his time and do it right. Someone just posted it's been 70 years since FDR introduced the idea of health care . . . all of a sudden it has to be done in what, 10 days or so? Bullshit. If it waited this long it can wait a little longer to make sure it's done right. Like I said, he doesn't care if it's done right, he just cares that it's done. That's how I see it anyway.
Yup, if there truly were a emergency, to fix this "crisis," the one year wait between when this thing is passed and when it takes effect really looks suspicious. Really belies the "crisis" mantra.

Like if ambulance drivers stopped off for a hot dog on their way to a major 10-50, or firemen stopping off for a steak on their way to a fire. It makes no sense at all.

So clearly, they don't believe their own lies about this being a "crisis."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back