What's the freakin RUSH?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Midnight Marauder, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    .... To get this health scare bill passed in 10 days? Why the deadline?

The bill wouldn't go into effect until September 2010 anyway!

Why not give people some time to read this bill, study it, think about it?

Oops oh, is that the answer? Like the scamwow stimulus, he wants to bumrush this thing through so people WON'T have time to read it, study it, dissect it, think about it?

Is that the answer? Or is it something else? Please discuss.

Again, I will reiterate. Whether they pass this bill NOW, or four weeks from now, or a month, two months from now DOES NOT MATTER. The law will NOT go into effect until late 2010.

So, what's the fucking rush?

2. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Shut the Fuck up and get the Fuck back in Line, Peasant!

:)

peace...

3. probus

probus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    the reason for the rush is that "basketball jones" will be out of political capital by the end of the year and if he doesn't get this done quickly then he'll NEVER get it done-- think about it-- next year is an election year for lots of his democrat friends and since their voters don't want this crap they'll feel less inclined to vote for it-- just keep thinking "Waterloo" baby, "Waterloo"!-- Regards, probus

4. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Amen...

Basketball Jones... Classic.

:)

peace...

5. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I had thought about that, and I think it's way over-hyped. Were this a normal President, yeah I would give more weight to this. But Obama is not only a rock star, still wildly popular, he's also "of color" so, self preservation by Congress Critters takes a back seat.

Like these Congressional Dems worry about getting thrown out? C'mon now, didn't Byrd call his constituents "racist rednecks" DURING the campaign, and STILL got re-elected?

Add to this, the egos of the people involved. There's no way anyone's going to tell President Obama he's running out of "political capital" he just simply wouldn't believe it. He wouldn't believe it even if Michelle was telling him.

And, the arrogance of the Congress critters, getting kicked out of office is the LAST thing they fear.

So no, I don't think that's it.

6. probus

probus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    i suppose that's why "Benedict" Arlen Specter switched parties-- because he isn't afraid to lose, yes?-- and he really believes in the Democratic party, yes?--sorry Midnight but i don't buy it-- there was never a creature in nature that has a more self-preserving instinct than a member of Congress-- they would eat their young if it could get them another term-- Regards, probus

7. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Specter wasn't threatened in his district. He might have thought so, but I seriously doubt Toomey was much of a challenge in the primary. Specter was originally a Dem anyway before.

Normally yes, Congress critters are all about survival. But this group, with this President, really believes they are untouchable.

8. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I think they know that by the first of next year, Congressman will be in "reelection mode" and won't take a chance on passing this shit and Obama's poll numbers are dropping faster than Lassie's panties on the movie Porky's.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  9. probus

probus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    oh yeah midnight-- that's right i forgot he was a Dem before-- i'm sure he switched to Repub. for idealogical ideals and not self-preservation... or was that why he switched back to the Dems.?-- sorry, but i live in Pennsylvania and i know how much support that washed up has-been has and it's going on "nil"-- he's scrambling to stay in office and would run as an independent if it could keep him in power-- i honestly don't know where u get this idea that these Dems think they're untouchable-- just wait until 2010 and we'll see if ur thesis is correct, which i doubt Regards, probus

10. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    It's been more than 70 years since FDR introduced the idea of health care .... doesn't seem rushed to me.