What's the difference?

Come on, folks.

Surely Christianity has something to offer us today.

And, given that we're a Christian majority nation, this should be of SERIOUS interest.
Every day, one in six patients in the U.S. is cared for in a Catholic hospital.

Hospitals - The United Methodist Church

Growing Up in Catholic Orphanages
Absolutely. However, every day, 20 million Americans don't have health care coverage that would allow them to take advantage of that.

Catholic Charities is to be lauded, too.

But the need far exceeds their capability. And, they don't have the structure to cover all who need help - the problem is large and requires more than they can do.

It is almost every other industrialuzed nation, NOT the US, that serves all citizens with health care.

Also, the US is far worse than most nations in terms of per capita aid to the humanitarian disasters in other nations.

I really do not want to be critical here. I am just saying we have work to do to even just meet what others are doing in some of these important areas.

And, given our position on the values of our majority religion, I find that disappointing - something we should work on as a nation.

Sent from my SM-T710 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Come on, folks.

And, given that we're a Christian majority nation, this should be of SERIOUS interest.

Absolutely. However, every day, 20 million Americans don't have health care coverage that would allow them to take advantage of that.

But the need far exceeds their capability. And, they don't have the structure to cover all who need help - the problem is large and requires more than they can do.

It is almost every other industrialuzed nation, NOT the US, that serves all citizens with health care.

Also, the US is far worse than most nations in terms of per capita aid to the humanitarian disasters in other nations.

I really do not want to be critical here. I am just saying we have work to do to even just meet what others are doing in some of these important areas.

And, given our position on the values of our majority religion, I find that disappointing - something we should work on as a nation.

Come on, folks.

So even more people are without health insurance than before?

Our nation is clearly a Christian majority nation.

So, it is worthwhile to look at how our religion affects the way we think about our various policies - our policy on issues such as trade, health care, defense, social problems, democracy, etc.

In fact we should be able to look at what we DO and see that we are Christian.

Of course, that's a high bar and we are humans, so we're certainly not going to be perfect. But, at the least we should think about what our religion demands of us regarding these national issues. And, today it seems that "make America great again" is being thought of as somewhat limited to financial gain.

So, what must our Christian position be regarding today's issues?

What should our Christian objectives be regarding the top issues of today - health care, racial equality, equality in democracy (vs., say, gerrymandering), etc.???

While we may be a Christian majority country, we are NOT a Christian nation. Our constitution was purposefully set up to make sure the majority could not abuse the minority.

And I don't think Christianity is much of an example for racial equality ect.

You know I am getting sick and tired of you fools trying to deny we are a Christian nation..

It is what it is deal with it.

BTW it is freedom of religion not freedom from religion

So, it is worthwhile to look at how our religion affects the way we think about our various policies - our policy on issues such as trade, health care, defense, social problems, democracy, etc.

Of course, that's a high bar and we are humans, so we're certainly not going to be perfect. But, at the least we should think about what our religion demands of us regarding these national issues. And, today it seems that "make America great again" is being thought of as somewhat limited to financial gain.

What should our Christian objectives be regarding the top issues of today - health care, racial equality, equality in democracy (vs., say, gerrymandering), etc.???

While we may be a Christian majority country, we are NOT a Christian nation. Our constitution was purposefully set up to make sure the majority could not abuse the minority.

You know I am getting sick and tired of you fools trying to deny we are a Christian nation..

No, it is freedom from religion, too. We do hold our government as separate from religion.

That is a huge advancement. It allows us to move beyond the absolutism that is inherent in religion.

The main point here is that one's religious beliefs don't form a justification for laws or for ignoring law. So, for example, we do mot make law based on religious concepts such as sin. You can see that by comparing our law to the 10C, the "seven deadly sins", etc.

No, it is freedom from religion, too. We do hold our government as separate from religion.

That is a huge advancement. It allows us to move beyond the absolutism that is inherent in religion.

The main point here is that one's religious beliefs don't form a justification for laws or for ignoring law. So, for example, we do mot make law based on religious concepts such as sin. You can see that by comparing our law to the 10C, the "seven deadly sins", etc.

Nope it's freedom of religion and that includes the new religion of atheism

Whether you consider atheism to be a religion is totally irrelevant.

What you are sick of has no bearing here. The founding fathers made sure that there was not state religion. Every religion is equal in the eyes of our gov't.

New? lol Atheism has been around a long, long time.

And it is not a religion. Saying it is a religion does not make it one.

If I collect stamps, I have a hobby. Is not collecting stamps a hobby too?

Whether you consider atheism to be a religion is totally irrelevant.
It can be.

Forum List

Back