What's the difference between these two statements?

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I think it is time we have a black man as President.

I think it is time we have a white man as President.

Both statements are contradictory to a free society where race plays no part in the interaction and operation of the polis.

What's the difference? One sentence refers to George Washington, and the other refers to Bill Clinton.

So if I am reading correctly then all the excitement about BO being the first black president was nothing more then racism?

You really don't understand.

Yea, I do. I apply the same standard to everyone - regardless of race, color, creed or gender.

If one is racist, both are racist. It is you who doesn't 'understand'. No surprise.

Who gives a phiddler's phuck about some foolish strawman concept anyway?

Are you trying to say that if it is said that a person votes just because a person is black that is not received differently then if a person votes for a person just because they are white? Or is there a difference between voting for a black person then there is voting for the opponet of a black person who is white?

If I said I was voting for Romney because he was white I would get destroyed for being a racist, when people actually did say that about Obama it was looked upon as historical, and groundbreaking. Groundbreaking because those who accepted that sort of reverse prejudice set race relations back nearly a decade.

If I said I was voting for Romney because he was white I would get destroyed for being a racist, when people actually did say that about Obama it was looked upon as historical, and groundbreaking. Groundbreaking because those who accepted that sort of reverse prejudice set race relations back nearly a decade.

Do people, like birds and other animals, tend to flock with people that look and behave like they do? I think so. So for a black man to vote for a black man would, in my opinion, be similar to someone voting for a man because he is a democrat? In other words they are assuming the person holds the same morals or ideals as they do because they are black or a democrat?

Yea, I do. I apply the same standard to everyone - regardless of race, color, creed or gender.

If one is racist, both are racist. It is you who doesn't 'understand'. No surprise.

Are you trying to say that if it is said that a person votes just because a person is black that is not received differently then if a person votes for a person just because they are white? Or is there a difference between voting for a black person then there is voting for the opponet of a black person who is white?

I'm saying the OP has his/her head up their ass for even suggesting that rediculous concept. Even the red necked bastards in Mississippi and Alabama could have come up with better than that.

I'm saying the OP has his/her head up their ass for even suggesting that rediculous concept. Even the red necked bastards in Mississippi and Alabama could have come up with better than that.

What was suggested in the OP?

Negged by this Alabama redneck bastard.

Forum List

Back