What's The Difference Between The Teabaggers and The Republican Base?

It would be convenient if they were the same. Then you could just hate one group of people instead of two MarcATL. Then your street thugs in New Orleans could just beat any nonDemocrat and break their legs or nose.

Well I beg you, please enlighten me. What's the answer to my question?

List the vast and many differences of Teabaggers and The Republican Base.

Based on your, and some other, responses this should a piece of cake.

Don't worry...I'll wait.

I am a Tea Partier - been to two protests. Rachel Maddow first used the term about a year ago. She is not one of us. I have nothing in common with her.

In fact, I had never heard the term before the left used it to describe Tea Partiers. Thanks to Maddow, I now know a crass term.

Please provide the date. Last year would be April 18, 2009.

I believe I can provide much videos and articles WELL BEFORE that with Right-Wingers, Republicans and Neo-Cons using the term. (I'm talking at LEAST a year before that date BTW)

So please provide a SPECIFIC date so you can DEBUNK your bogus claim.

Thanks.
Let's put it this way, the first time I heard the term, was when Maddow used it about a year ago, the classless individual that she is.

Anyone who uses it is a classless buffoon, in my book.

the New American Tea Bag Party: Tax Protest for Busy People Its they name they chose

A sample of the Tea Party mindset from Freedomworks.org in December 2009

A Tea Party Platform?

It looks like some members of the Republican establishment are starting to fear primary challenges by the Tea Party folks.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Colorado Republicans have adopted a “Platform for Prosperity,” intended to placate populist outrage, and are strongly encouraging all candidates for state office in 2010 to get on board.

The platform stresses limited government, fiscal restraint, opposition to further stimulus spending and a determination, it says, to push back against “a federal government that is too big, too intrusive and all-too-eager to seize power from the states.”

I wonder if they actually mean it this time.

There’s nothing quite so aggravating as politicians who preach limited government and state sovereignty when the other party is running Washington, then proceed to blow holes in the budget and trample the 10th Amendment with legislation like No Child Left Behind and Medicare Part D.

But then again:

“At the end of the day, the tea partiers don’t have anywhere else to go,” said Eric Sondermann, an independent political consultant in Denver. “If they show up at the polls next year, it won’t be to pull the Democratic lever.”

Really? I'd say thinking like that is what got us here.

Just ask Virginians in the 5th District.

Voters should forget party labels and back candidates whose understanding of the Constitution mirrors their own. Only then will the people, not the federal government and its courts, rule again.

A Tea Party Platform? | FreedomWorks

Last edited:
Subverted Tea Party movement...?

The Tea Party movement is now almost completely unrecognizable from what it was a few short years ago. It came to prominence in 2008 when the Libertarian Party of Illinois planned to hold an April 15, 2009 anti-tax “Boston Tea Party” in Chicago. In February 2009, the idea grew after CNBC personality Rick Santelli, speaking from the floor of the Chicago stock exchange, criticized the Obama administration’s tax and economic policies and urged Americans become Tea Party activists.

In fact, the idea began as the Boston Tea Party in 2006. It was founded by a group of former Libertarian Party members who criticized the party for its “abdication of political responsibilities,” declaring that “Americans deserve and desperately need a pro-freedom party that forcefully advocates libertarian solutions to the issues of today.” The Boston Tea Party opposed statism at all levels. “The Boston Tea Party supports reducing the size scope and power of government at all levels and on all issues, and opposes increasing the size, scope and power of government at any level, for any purpose.”

How things have changed.

Subverted Tea Party Movement Told to Embrace Republican Platform

National committee resolution on gay marriage issues

"Whereas a majority of voters in the states of California, Arizona and Florida decided on November 4, 2008 that their state governments should not recognize marriages between two people of the same sex; and

"Whereas, although in a free society 'marriage' would
be of no concern to states (or government in any form), present conditions grant special privileges and immunities to those under formal marriage-contract, and

"Whereas discrimination against ANY voluntary segment of society by government entities is both abhorrent and a violation of the Bill of Rights ...

"Be it RESOLVED that the Boston Tea Party supports the rights of all people at home and abroad (including Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered (GLBT) people) to equal rights, privileges and immunities under the law and

"Be it further RESOLVED that the Boston Tea Party calls for an immediate repeal of all state and federal laws attempting or intending to restrict or define the term 'marriage.'"

National committee resolution on gay marriage issues | the Boston Tea Party

This doesn't exactly resemble the Republican base, now does it???

With all the talk these days about the Tea Party, and all the misinformation and innuendo propagated by the Left toward a genuinely organic movement, one must search long and hard to find the true identity of the people who consider themselves a part of this spontaneous and loosely-affiliated movement. The Tea Party is not made up of Sarah Palin types, as MSNBC would have you believe. Nor is it made up of racists or homophobes frothing at the mouth. Many Tea Party members will even tell you that they loathe any sort of affiliation with the Republican Party.

The Tea Party, of which I am a participant, observer and organizer, began early last year not as a response to Rick Santelli’s angry outburst on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade and not in response to the calls of conservative politicians or radio talk-show hosts. It is instead a release of pent-up anger over the size and scope of the federal government. Many “Tea Partiers” were genuinely concerned and upset about the deficit spending in President George W. Bush’s later years, and this concern continued on into the current administration.

Viewpoint: The real Tea Party platform | The Michigan Daily

"Whereas a majority of voters in the states of California, Arizona and Florida decided on November 4, 2008 that their state governments should not recognize marriages between two people of the same sex; and

be of no concern to states (or government in any form), present conditions grant special privileges and immunities to those under formal marriage-contract, and

"Whereas discrimination against ANY voluntary segment of society by government entities is both abhorrent and a violation of the Bill of Rights ...

"Be it RESOLVED that the Boston Tea Party supports the rights of all people at home and abroad (including Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered (GLBT) people) to equal rights, privileges and immunities under the law and

"Be it further RESOLVED that the Boston Tea Party calls for an immediate repeal of all state and federal laws attempting or intending to restrict or define the term 'marriage.'"

Sure it does.

Sure it does.

Wow, the Tea Party is HUGE. It now consists of the majority of all voters who voted a certain way. Gee, your face must be so red.:lol:

Sure it does.

:rolleyes: Not exactly.

The Tea Party are recognizing what happened in those states and then resolving to support the rights of all people at home and abroad to equal rights, privileges and immunities under the law...

Last edited:
Tea Party snubs GOP leaders

The Tea Party is hosting a Tax Day rally on Thursday in Washington, but the Republicans leaders in the House and Senate are not invited.

According to officials with Freedom Works, the organization coordinating the event, the leaders haven’t redeemed themselves since backing the 2008 Wall Street bailout bill.

Even though no Democratic lawmakers are scheduled to speak, organizers of Thursday’s event contend it is nonpartisan.

Mike Gaske, one of the national coordinators for the Tea Party Patriots, said, “This is the people’s event. This is not a Republican event. It is a time for the Tea Party movement to get up and represent what the Tea Party is all about.”

A recent poll showed that four of every 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats (13 percent) or independents (28 percent).
Tea Party snubs GOP leaders - TheHill.com

Let's put it this way, the first time I heard the term, was when Maddow used it about a year ago, the classless individual that she is.

Anyone who uses it is a classless buffoon, in my book.

It's the left that promotes this term. The Tea Party movement does not use it.

It has become the N-word equivalent to demean those who are involved in Tea Parties.

I'd like for the RWers, Republicans and Neo-Cons of the board especially to answer this one, but of course its open to anyone to answer.

According to this poll, the will be instantly dismissed because it's from the NYT:

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated - NYTimes.com

Not much.

The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.............

They do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

The methodology:

The nationwide telephone poll was conducted April 5 through April 12 with 1,580 adults. For the purposes of analysis, Tea Party supporters were oversampled, for a total of 881, and then weighted to their proper proportion in the poll. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points for all adults and for Tea Party supporters.

Oh, and the teabaggers get really mad if you call them "teabaggers" and throw a little hissy fit. The new talking point if you dare use the term "teabaggers" is that you are a "shiteater". Because if they call you a "shiteater", which is lame, you might stop calling them "teabaggers" which really pisses them off.

I know it's hard, but try and live your life after being called such a nasty insult.

:lol:

I'd like for the RWers, Republicans and Neo-Cons of the board especially to answer this one, but of course its open to anyone to answer.

There's virtually no difference. It's the conservative wing of the Republican party, in actuality or in spirit, trying to drag the party to the right.

While claiming to be a grassroots, unaffiliated organization.

We've found out now that their dissatisfaction with the tax system is that poor people don't pay enough. That would make them conservative Republicans who've spilled the beans on conservative Republicanism.

We've found out now that their dissatisfaction with the tax system is that poor people don't pay enough. That would make them conservative Republicans who've spilled the beans on conservative Republicanism.

No, apparently, they also have a list of "grievances" that contains a bunch of vague, flowery, terms like "protect the constitution (#1 with a bullet on their list).

Odd for a group that claims to be completely de-centralized and recognizes no formal leader to suddenly have a platform.

There's virtually no difference. It's the conservative wing of the Republican party, in actuality or in spirit, trying to drag the party to the right.

While claiming to be a grassroots, unaffiliated organization.

Yep, they're a group that in many ways compares to the individuals we often encounter who deny being Republican, proclaim themselves Independents, and yet vote Republican 99.9% of the time.

Yep, they're a group that in many ways compares to the individuals we often encounter who deny being Republican, proclaim themselves Independents, and yet vote Republican 99.9% of the time.

An all too familiar phenomenum.

It's anecdotal, but I am from an area that has a pretty conservative set of Democrats (pro-life, but not sole issue voters on the matter, etc). I don't know of a single democrat who has joined the teaparty.

I think the consensus is that "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck".

I have to give credit to Armey and the people that stood up the teaparty movement though, they needed to do something to muddy the waters after Obama was elected with such a high degree of popularity among independents.

Now their attempts to run interference are becoming detrimental. The GOP still has no real platform and that's going to hurt them in 2010 if they don't fix it. Steele has just now realized it.

Forum List

Back