What's the difference between Obama and Chavez?

I want a discussion on the differences between the policies of President Obama and President Hugo Chavez. I think the only difference is the fact Hugo Chavez has far more power. Obama only had two months with a free hand in the congress....Chavez 14 years.

What's the difference between Obama and Chavez? The letters in their name. Now what do I win? :D

I want a discussion on the differences between the policies of President Obama and President Hugo Chavez. I think the only difference is the fact Hugo Chavez has far more power. Obama only had two months with a free hand in the congress....Chavez 14 years.

the last names?

Well, both of them cause the eternally-afraid-of-something conservative men to squeal like little girls, so they are similar in that one single factor.

Other than that, they have almost nothing in common. Liberals see Chavez as a lesson of what happens when you eliminate most of the middle class in a nation, which is why we oppose Republican policies. Republicans, OTOH, seem hellbent on reproducing the conditions that create Chavez types. They must _really_ want a Chavez-type here.

republicans getting desperate....well one difference is Chavez isn't a power hungry asshole. He actually takes the profits from the oil sales and helps the poor people..Obama just makes people poorer.

The GDP of Chavezs nation has decreased. Making everyone poorer.:eusa_boohoo:

The GDP of Venezuela has increased by 300% since Chavez took power...

And the murder rate has nearly doubled since he took office.

I hear that Hugo doesn't like Che...

I'm just sayin....

I hear that Hugo doesn't like Che...

I'm just sayin....
Che? Che Guevara has been dead since 1967.

republicans getting desperate....well one difference is Chavez isn't a power hungry asshole. He actually takes the profits from the oil sales and helps the poor people..Obama just makes people poorer.

The GDP of Chavezs nation has decreased. Making everyone poorer.:eusa_boohoo:

The GDP of Venezuela has increased by 300% since Chavez took power...

The price of oil has increased 5 fold since Chavez took power. That's the only reason the country hasn't gone swirling down the toilet bowl. Despite that, the standard of living there has decreased. Ask any Venezuelan whether his standard of living has improved. I have friends in Venezuela, so don't think I haven't asked.

Both want to transfer wealth from rich to poor

Citation needed.

Both want to tax the rich

BTW, this cannot be your reasoning for the first, unless you're going to remove one of them.

Both want to give free stuff to the poor

While this is a rather simplistic point, I'd like you to present counter examples of someone for whom this can't be said. After all, when you say this, it would be just as true for Romney as well.

Both want a more centralize central government

Citation needed. On what basis do you claim that Obama wants a more centralized Federal government? And what do you even mean by a more centralized central government? It seems to me that the central government is already pretty central.

Both want to nationalize energy, health, ect.

Citation needed. Many citations needed.

Forum List

Back