What's the difference between liberal science and conservative science

Lie and lie.

The vast majority of scientists DO NOT believe that it's been scientifically proven that global warming is caused by mankind. And it's absolutely nothing like evolution.

Now you know.

However the results of the investigation conducted at the end of 2008 reveal that vast majority of the Earth scientists surveyed agree that in the past 200-plus years, mean global temperatures have been rising and that human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures.

Two questions were key: Have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures?

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.

"The debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes," said Doran

Surveyed scientists agree global warming is real - CNN.com

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 5: Evolution, Climate Change and Other Issues - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

528-62.gif

I especially like this one. It compares what the public THINKS scientists believe to what scientists ACTUALLY believe.

528-64.gif

528-65.gif

Here are some stats conservatives will NEVER, EVER understand:

528-72.gif

Well Sparky, I guess you were wrong -------------- again.

Of course, you could post your own data. I would read it. Honest.
DING! There it is! Woo Hooo! we knew we could count on you Hairnet!

consistency03.jpg

:lol: Yup, we knew he could do it. I feel so prophetic, too.

There can't be liberal science, or conservative science. There are facts, and reasonable interpretations of observations. Some of which are annoying.

However, all scientists are human, have needs, large numbers of them work in colleges for the state and know which side their bread is buttered on.

What is annoying is when people use their authority in one area to to claim authority in another, where they are clueless. Or what is worse, use their authority of the grade to push other agendas.

And I remember one goofy lib teacher in high school who sent my name in to the vice principal as skipping class when I was able to point out where she got her facts backwards in a political rant (outside the purview of the class)

:lol:

Science is the observation of the physical world. That basically begins and ends it.
How does the "String Theory" fit in there then?

LOL!

Advanced Physics and theoretical math --those diciplines where Newtonian certainty and scientific theory definitely part company.

I have tried and tired to get my tiny little mind around string theory.

Lacking the math linguistic ability to really understand what it is telling me, I am left baffled and humbled by the experience.

Hell I'm so mathamatically dense I STILL don't really get how Schroeder's cat can be both alive and dead at the same time!

Some of us are forever going to be stuck in the mud of Newtonian reality while the truly gifted among us get to soar in the universe of math and advanced phsics theory.

Scientists don't pretend to know everything. In fact, the more they learn, the less they believe they know. Unlike "God did it". Say that, click your heals together three times and that's all you need.

Couldn't "God Did It," mean the same as "We Do Not Know?"

Until we do know. Then what happens? I guess God didn't do it after all?

What if we find out God did it? Or, more likely, that we never find out? There are limits to what we can know,k after all.

Starting with you.

Show me where I said "everybody" on the right.

One has to wonder why someone would make something up and then demand an explanation from someone for something they themsleves made up.

I would think that "energy" would be better directed towards the Republican Party where the majority believe "Noah's Ark" was a historical event and cutting Samson's hair, did, in fact, "weaken" him.

You have got to be kidding.

Where have you not lumped everyone who disagrees with you with everybody on the right? You did it in the post where you challenged him to prove you do it.

:lol:

Science is the observation of the physical world. That basically begins and ends it.
How does the "String Theory" fit in there then?

LOL!

Advanced Physics and theoretical math --those diciplines where Newtonian certainty and scientific theory definitely part company.

I have tried and tired to get my tiny little mind around string theory.

Lacking the math linguistic ability to really understand what it is telling me, I am left baffled and humbled by the experience.

Hell I'm so mathamatically dense I STILL don't really get how Schroeder's cat can be both alive and dead at the same time!

Some of us are forever going to be stuck in the mud of Newtonian reality while the truly gifted among us get to soar in the universe of math and advanced phsics theory.

Schrodinger's Cat is not really both alive and dead at the same time. What actually happens is that the universe does not decide if the cat is alive or dead until we open the box, and then it applieas the decision retroactively. The paradox never really exists.

Starting with you.

Show me where I said "everybody" on the right.

One has to wonder why someone would make something up and then demand an explanation from someone for something they themsleves made up.

I would think that "energy" would be better directed towards the Republican Party where the majority believe "Noah's Ark" was a historical event and cutting Samson's hair, did, in fact, "weaken" him.

look at your posts .....you never say the FAR Right....the Christian Right....you always say REPUBLICAN or CONSERVATIVES.....and you always lump them all together Dean....you never distinguish.....and dont play stupid with me you have had dozens of people tell you this including a few Liberals here.....so nothing was made up.....now where are your links hotshot?....

That's because the "FAR" Right has become the "Right". Republicans ARE the Conservatives. Disagreeing with the Republican "Lockstep" will get you booted. There are zero liberals in the Republican Party. And very few who are not white and Christian.

However the results of the investigation conducted at the end of 2008 reveal that vast majority of the Earth scientists surveyed agree that in the past 200-plus years, mean global temperatures have been rising and that human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures.

Two questions were key: Have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures?

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.

"The debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes," said Doran

Surveyed scientists agree global warming is real - CNN.com

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 5: Evolution, Climate Change and Other Issues - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

528-62.gif

I especially like this one. It compares what the public THINKS scientists believe to what scientists ACTUALLY believe.

528-64.gif

528-65.gif

Here are some stats conservatives will NEVER, EVER understand:

528-72.gif

Well Sparky, I guess you were wrong -------------- again.

Of course, you could post your own data. I would read it. Honest.
DING! There it is! Woo Hooo! we knew we could count on you Hairnet!

consistency03.jpg

:lol: Yup, we knew he could do it. I feel so prophetic, too.

Good, at least you know better than to disagree.

You have got to be kidding.

Where have you not lumped everyone who disagrees with you with everybody on the right? You did it in the post where you challenged him to prove you do it.

its called denial....you notice Dean hasnt come back with any evidence to prove how right he is or how wrong my accusations are.....thats why he is a dishonest Dick....

That's because the "FAR" Right has become the "Right". Republicans ARE the Conservatives. Disagreeing with the Republican "Lockstep" will get you booted. There are zero liberals in the Republican Party. And very few who are not white and Christian.

bullshit.....where is your fabled links to prove what you just stated?....and there ARE Liberal Republicans just like there ARE Conservative Democrats.....where are your links Dean?....

Science and conservative thinking are incompatible, you cannot move forward when stuck in the past. Thankfully science is open ended enough in its problems that even conservatives can work at the problems of the world. You just have to convince them they are working on a past issue that agrees with their narrow minded reactionary thought and disproves modern liberal thought. That makes them happy. ;)

"The essence of the liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment. This is the way opinions are held in science, as opposed to the way in which they are held in theology." Bertrand Russell

"Impossibility statements are the very foundation of science. It is impossible to: travel faster than the speed of light; create or destroy matter-energy; build a perpetual motion machine, etc. By respecting impossibility theorems we avoid wasting resources on projects that are bound to fail. Therefore economists should be very interested in impossibility theorems, especially the one to be demonstrated here, namely that it is impossible for the world economy to grow its way out of poverty and environmental degradation. In other words, sustainable growth is impossible." Herman E. Daly / Kenneth N. Townsend

"If all the problems of science were solved, it would not touch any of life's problems." Wittgenstein

"In science, 'fact' can only mean confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." Stephen Jay Gould

Science and conservative thinking are incompatible, you cannot move forward when stuck in the past. ....
Really? Deanie-do's 6%ers are not really scientists because their political views are not liberal, apparently.

:rolleyes:

The enemies of science try to politicize it.

Bravo.

Science and conservative thinking are incompatible, you cannot move forward when stuck in the past. Thankfully science is open ended enough in its problems that even conservatives can work at the problems of the world. You just have to convince them they are working on a past issue that agrees with their narrow minded reactionary thought and disproves modern liberal thought. That makes them happy. ;)

"The essence of the liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment. This is the way opinions are held in science, as opposed to the way in which they are held in theology." Bertrand Russell

"Impossibility statements are the very foundation of science. It is impossible to: travel faster than the speed of light; create or destroy matter-energy; build a perpetual motion machine, etc. By respecting impossibility theorems we avoid wasting resources on projects that are bound to fail. Therefore economists should be very interested in impossibility theorems, especially the one to be demonstrated here, namely that it is impossible for the world economy to grow its way out of poverty and environmental degradation. In other words, sustainable growth is impossible." Herman E. Daly / Kenneth N. Townsend

"If all the problems of science were solved, it would not touch any of life's problems." Wittgenstein

"In science, 'fact' can only mean confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." Stephen Jay Gould
thanks for proving you are as big a fucking moron as dean

Sure it is.

Will a Republican Congress Knock Science Back Into the Stone Age? - Reason Magazine

thanks for proving you are as big a fucking moron as dean
maybe even bigger...at least what Dean says comes out of his mouth....Midcant has to have quote from someone or he is lost.....i have never seen the guy say more than a sentence....but plenty of quotes.....hey here is one i found.....

"i heard a MIDCAN was a receptacle to put dog shit in"...Frank Zappa...

Have you noticed that conservatives, instead of honest debate, wildly scream names and obscenities while running in circles flapping hands over their heads from what appears to be "broken wrists"?

In instead of producing evidence for "magical creation", "astrology" and "irreducible complexity", they simply say, "I refuse to look at the evidence of modern science because I don't believe it to begin with". Then they will insist that the Grand Canyon was the direct result of "Noah's Flood".

Have you noticed that conservatives, instead of honest debate, wildly scream names and obscenities while running in circles flapping hands over their heads from what appears to be "broken wrists"?

In instead of producing evidence for "magical creation", "astrology" and "irreducible complexity", they simply say, "I refuse to look at the evidence of modern science because I don't believe it to begin with". Then they will insist that the Grand Canyon was the direct result of "Noah's Flood".

Have you noticed that you do the same thing?

Have you noticed that you do the same thing?
that would require him to actually be honest
;)
YMMV

RACIST!!

:razz:

New Topics

Forum List

Back