What's The Difference Between A Movement & An Event?

In my experience most independents are just republicans embaressed by their voting for Bush.

Which, while looking at polls, seems to have carried over to all those democrats that are embarrassed that they voted for Obama.

Isnt politics swell?

Or like some democrats I know around here who said they would "never vote for no damned ******". those are the only TP leaning Dems I know of personally.

the binding thread of commonality in the TP seems to be hatred of Obama for one reason or another.

That's because you have limited exposure and are coming at if from a decidedly liberal slant...

Most Tea Party people just want a smaller government and huge spending cuts... That's pretty much the main theme, dispite your inaccurate beliefs...

Which, while looking at polls, seems to have carried over to all those democrats that are embarrassed that they voted for Obama.

Isnt politics swell?

Or like some democrats I know around here who said they would "never vote for no damned ******". those are the only TP leaning Dems I know of personally.

the binding thread of commonality in the TP seems to be hatred of Obama for one reason or another.

That's because you have limited exposure and are coming at if from a decidedly liberal slant...

Most Tea Party people just want a smaller government and huge spending cuts... That's pretty much the main theme, dispite your inaccurate beliefs...

Yeah yeah yeah, they said that when they elected bush as well.

In my experience most independents are just republicans embaressed by their voting for Bush.

Isnt politics swell?

I find that interesting. Maybe it is a geographical thing.

I know many that support the tea party movement and I have yet to hear one of them discuss the race of our President.

Yet you know democrats that refer to his race..and do so deragatorily?

I find that very curious.

You're gettin warm uscitizen.

Your arrogance is humorous.

Your lack of an open mind will ultimately prove to be your demise as a debater.

We know the difference. We are not foolish enough to have you take our answer and chop it apart....

My guess is you have two answers you will support and if one comes out from a "righty" you will argue why the other is the answer.

Your tactics are as transparent.

Marc, like JokeDorkey, tends to see his views as 'fact' and dismisses, without consideration, anyone who disagrees with him as 'wrong'. I find that fascinating.... in a 'how can one individual be that arrogant' kind of way.

His 'pop quiz' is ridiculous.... and yet, to him, makes perfect sense.... he thinks he knows more than anyone else.

Maybe they'll stop when they get it... For now, the movement seems to be gaining strength... We'll see who gets thrown out in November....

Isnt politics swell?

I know many that support the tea party movement and I have yet to hear one of them discuss the race of our President.

I live in the bible Belt....

I have lived several other places in the USA and I do understand your confusion.

What you and what many that think like you dont seem to get:

Most people, myslef included, never really gave a rats ass about politics. We supported the president and if we did not like what he did, we voted him out, or voted for who we thought wopuld be a better president. Basic stuff.

This past campaign, Obama did an outstanding job opening the eyes of many of us as to the faults and failures of GWB. He spent millions doing it and used every form of mass communication available to get the word out. He spoke of deficits and debt and it resonated to not just the democrats and supporters of Obama...but to all of us.

Good for him.

So now many of us, regardless of WHAT party is in the WH, are keeping our eyes open for a change.

A major criticism of Bush was his spending. So great. Bush is gone. But now we are watching another man spend even more...and we will speak out.

We are more aware now USC.....

I have lived several other places in the USA and I do understand your confusion.

That being said, do not hold an entire movement responsible for the actions of some.

You're gettin warm uscitizen.

Your arrogance is humorous.

Your lack of an open mind will ultimately prove to be your demise as a debater.

We know the difference. We are not foolish enough to have you take our answer and chop it apart....

My guess is you have two answers you will support and if one comes out from a "righty" you will argue why the other is the answer.

Your tactics are as transparent.

Marc, like JokeDorkey, tends to see his views as 'fact' and dismisses, without consideration, anyone who disagrees with him as 'wrong'. I find that fascinating.... in a 'how can one individual be that arrogant' kind of way.

His 'pop quiz' is ridiculous.... and yet, to him, makes perfect sense.... he thinks he knows more than anyone else.

Seems to me that all he knows are what Matthews, Olberman and Maddow tell him are true.
I am not impressed with his lack of an open mind nor am I impressed with his lack of his own ideas.

That being said, do not hold an entire movement responsible for the actions of some.

I am not saying that. I am just saying that it covers most of the Dems in the TP movement.

So they would have been better off on those goals voting for Gore or Kerry? Or worse off with many other liberal policies that were unpalatable as well?

Nobody is saying Bush was great in terms of economic factors or being conservative with the budget... was a big complaint by a lot of conservatives for a while.. and while they hoped he would embrace a more fiscally conservative stance, it is quite evident he did not...

A movement expresses a genuine zietgeist.

An event is...well...an event.

Woodstock was an event.

Hipdom was a movement.

I am not saying that. I am just saying that it covers most of the Dems in the TP movement.

interesting.
You may be correct. I would like to see some sort of stats on that.
I never really thought of that.....but that is becuase race is so far from my thought process living here in the NYC area all my life. Truth is, there are no minorities in my area....just as many balcks as whites and asians .....not to mention nationality of origins like latinos, and religious groups like Jews and Hindus and Muslims..

Here in NY race and religion have not been a factor for as long as I can remember.

interesting.
You may be correct. I would like to see some sort of stats on that.
I never really thought of that.....but that is becuase race is so far from my thought process living here in the NYC area all my life. Truth is, there are no minorities in my area....just as many balcks as whites and asians .....not to mention nationality of origins like latinos, and religious groups like Jews and Hindus and Muslims..

Here in NY race and religion have not been a factor for as long as I can remember.

I understand mostly where you are coming from as I said I have lived in Oregon, FL, NC, OH, PA, ID, TX. The bible belt is quite different from NYC and points west and north.
I personally know several dems who would have voted for Hillary but would no way in hell vote for a black.

Forum List

Back