• Risk

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
...best or your favorite. Why did you like it?

Mine are/were:

(1) LIFE (I loved spinning the wheel, plus I had a chance to be rich!)
(2) Monopoly (of course) (I had a love/hate relationship with this game... could be exasperating!)
(3) Trivial Pursuit (learned a lot, and, not too shabby at it! Family played it a lot so... good memories....)

Mine are/were:

(2) Monopoly (of course) (I had a love/hate relationship with this game... could be exasperating!)
(3) Trivial Pursuit (learned a lot, and, not too shabby at it! Family played it a lot so... good memories....)
(1) Chess
(2) Scrabble
(3) Monopoly

Mine are/were:

(1) Chess
(2) Scrabble
(3) Monopoly

Hmmm forgot about the "basic" games... Chess, Checkers, Backgammon....

(1) Chess. My mind does not work that way. I get 2 moves ahead and everything becomes a jumble in my mind!

(2) Scrabble. Love it! I'm definitely a "word" person....

(3) Monopoly. It's a been a while, but, I was always the Hat or the Dog!

trivial pursuit

scrabble

backgammon

Backgammon - love it but very frustrating! The skill/luck combination games always "get to me" because I never seem to have a whole lot of luck! My brother used to destroy me in this.. ugh!

Chess. My mind works that way. I get 10-20 moves ahead and I watch my opponent crumble in my mind.

Chess. My mind works that way. I get 10-20 moves ahead and I watch my opponent crumble in my mind.

You need to challenge Sonny Clark to a game. I can roll through Jeopardy! but I look at a Chess Board and my mind immediately fogs over!

Mine are/were:

(1) Chess
(2) Scrabble
(3) Monopoly

(1) Chess. My mind does not work that way. I get 2 moves ahead and everything becomes a jumble in my mind!

I always take the hat or the dog also.

Monopoly is overrated as a board game

It is fun at the start as you accumulate property and build houses. But after that, it takes forever to end as you try to bankrupt other players. I've seen games go four hours

It is fun at the start as you accumulate property and build houses. But after that, it takes forever to end as you try to bankrupt other players. I've seen games go four hours
Yeah it's not much fun if you don't like the people you are playing with.

Mine are/were:

(1) Chess
(2) Scrabble
(3) Monopoly

Why am I not surprised by that... ? ;)

Personally, I like Backgammon

Seems like a simple game of luck, but it is a game of probability and putting yourself into a position you can win from. You can still win from a seemingly impossible situation. The doubling cube adds to the risk/reward

Mine are/were:

(1) Chess
(2) Scrabble
(3) Monopoly

Why am I not surprised by that... ? ;)
imagesAJC6LBFD.jpg

Growing up, my brothers and sisters had a game going for nearly a week, playing 2-3 hours a night.

as a kid, it was fun.

Not stimulating enough now.

(and I was always the ship, even before I enlisted)

Growing up, my brothers and sisters had a game going for nearly a week, playing 2-3 hours a night.

as a kid, it was fun.

Not stimulating enough now.

(and I was always the ship, even before I enlisted)
That is the problem with Monopoly...there is no easy end

kp - kp4
c5
c5 ???? -- You have to move either a pawn or a knight on your opening move. And, a pawn is the only thing you can move to the 5th square. So, which pawn are you moving? I moved first, so I'm the white pieces and you're the black pieces.

I moved my king's pawn to king's pawn 4.

Forum List

Back