What's That About War For Oil??

If they could, they would have cause, YES.

that is how it works with Nations.

Right, because deliberately hurting another nation's economy can and SHOULD be construed as an act of war.

The $64,000 question is, why does the U.S. continually get a free pass with such situations, while anyone who does it to us, or may be attempting to (such as OPEC nations selling oil in currency other than US Dollars), is a "terrorist nation"...than the media goes on a spree and "outs" the offending nation on their ties to terrorism. Meanwhile, a whole HOST of other countries with ties to terrorism that we SUPPORT, who play ball with us, are not touched.

The double standards need to fucking stop.

We discredit nations and threaten them with war now when they fall out of line. And you fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

Right, because deliberately hurting another nation's economy can and SHOULD be construed as an act of war.

The $64,000 question is, why does the U.S. continually get a free pass with such situations, while anyone who does it to us, or may be attempting to (such as OPEC nations selling oil in currency other than US Dollars) is a "terrorist nation".

The double standards need to fucking stop.

It is not a double standard. It is a fact of life. Other countries do ot like it? Do something about it. Ohh wait, they can't cause they are either cowards or unwilling to build an adequate military. But thanks for playing.

It is not a double standard. It is a fact of life. Other countries do ot like it? Do something about it. Ohh wait, they can't cause they are either cowards or unwilling to build an adequate military. But thanks for playing.

Hey, I'm all for Natural Selection. But it's still a double standard. Other countries should not be able to negatively affect us economically, or else we'll bomb them. But it's perfectly ok for us to do it to them, so long as we have the military might.

That's fine if that's the way you look at it, but let's be honest about why we maintain our presence in the M.E. then. Terrorism is a convenient way to sell it to the masses. Meanwhile, we're terrorizing nations that refuse to play by OUR rules, as if somehow our rules are the only rules that should apply. How exactly does a policy like that differ from other tyrannical empires throughout history?

Umm, no. Sanctions are not an act of war. Nor can they be construed as an act of war under int'l law.

Other countries should not be able to negatively affect us economically, or else we'll bomb them.

Which is why we threatened to bomb Antigua when they threatened to ignore our copyright laws, right? No, wait, instead we just paid them reparations.

Dude sometimes you actually put up an intellectual fight but this isn't one of those times.
I know, this is one of those times when I was screwing around with something that I thought was funny.

Lighten up, dude.

Its not a gaffe, moron....its reality.....

Are you naive enough to think that if our enemies cut our oil supply it wouldn't cause a MAJOR conflict.... its akin to cutting off food imports if we absolutly required 50% food imports to survive...
Its one of the reasons the Japs attacked us in '44.....
they have NO OIL of their own and we threatened what imports they were getting....
To the US...OIL is our blood....without it we will cease to exist as we know it...
to us...the oil is about as important as food.....
thats why we have have our own supply
not rely of other counties....we must us our own resources....and screw the Dims and their eco-wackos...

Thanks for finally admitting the war was about oil. I can recall Bush voters used to scream bloody murder, whenever it was mentioned that oil was a major reason for occupying iraq.

Thanks for finally admitting the war was about oil. I can recall Bush voters used to scream bloody murder, whenever it was mentioned that oil was a major reason for occupying iraq.

No, you are not correct. The argument was that we were trying to STEAL Iraqs oil. That we invaded Iraq to take their oil. Context, try using it sometime.

No, you are not correct. The argument was that we were trying to STEAL Iraqs oil. That we invaded Iraq to take their oil. Context, try using it sometime.

I never heard that argument. The closest to it was the neocons insistence that Iraqi oil would pay for the war.

You mean when you were doing your usual broken record act about how we were in Iraq to steal their oil?

Nobosy's agreeing with that. Still.

I don't remember screaming bloody murder as 'a' reason, just not 'the' reason. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would say the US would be in Iraq if there were no oil.

Forum List

Back