Whats Teh Best Dog Breed

Well, I don't necessarily agree with you on that. I have a rescued Shar Pei and my life would be better without her in it. I just don't like the breed. But I have two Dobermans I purchased and brought home when they were only 6 weeks and a day old, and they have totally and completely stolen my heart. I have two rescued minpins as well, and although I love them, they do not hold a candle to my dobies raised from tiny pups.

Don't get me wrong, I love them all, and spoil them all. But not all have stolen my heart.

That said, I am very partial to Dobermans. Extremely intelligent, insanely athletic, loyal, proud, funny, playful and ever watchful. On top of that they have short, easy-to-care-for coats and they are soooo beautiful. I will just stop and watch them sometimes, they are so beautiful to look at.

That's cause you didn't adopt a border collie mix! ;) heh, I'm just kidding you.

Our dogs are the best . . . easy-going, fun to play with, excellent heaters on cold nights. There's always a risk with rescued/spca dogs but . . . if you take your time looking (we took well over a month looking for Penny, the white dog) you can find the right dog/right temperament/right fit for you. Dio (the little black dog) was a happy accident but we had been 'on the lookout' for a second dog (all while trying to convince the hubs that yes, a second dog is too a good idea) for quite some time. So when we stumbled upon Dio we knew he was right for us because we knew what to look for.

Our neighbors got a shar pei about 3 or 4 years ago. I still can't figure out why they drove 8 hours to buy an expensive dog that clearly isn't a people person and is the last dog that would ever play with their two young boys. My youngest watches their dog when they go away and I've gone over a few times . . . just not my type of dog. Very aloof, uninterested, uncuddly and does not want to be petted. She's like that with my daughter too and she knows her pretty well. And they've had her since she was about 12 weeks or so. Some dog breeds are like that and it would benefit folks to read up on a particular breed before adopting/rescuing.

I'm all for adopting from the spca first rather than getting an animal that's in a foster home situation because the spca dogs are pretty much at their last stop. The foster dogs have a safe place until adopted.

Yankee (ave pic) just walked up and decided to stay. It cost him his balls, but he seems to be ok with the swap.

I've always wanted that to happen, ever since I was a kid! Dio is the closest we've come to just 'finding' a dog . . . so far.

That's cause you didn't adopt a border collie mix! ;) heh, I'm just kidding you.

Our dogs are the best . . . easy-going, fun to play with, excellent heaters on cold nights. There's always a risk with rescued/spca dogs but . . . if you take your time looking (we took well over a month looking for Penny, the white dog) you can find the right dog/right temperament/right fit for you. Dio (the little black dog) was a happy accident but we had been 'on the lookout' for a second dog (all while trying to convince the hubs that yes, a second dog is too a good idea) for quite some time. So when we stumbled upon Dio we knew he was right for us because we knew what to look for.

Our neighbors got a shar pei about 3 or 4 years ago. I still can't figure out why they drove 8 hours to buy an expensive dog that clearly isn't a people person and is the last dog that would ever play with their two young boys. My youngest watches their dog when they go away and I've gone over a few times . . . just not my type of dog. Very aloof, uninterested, uncuddly and does not want to be petted. She's like that with my daughter too and she knows her pretty well. And they've had her since she was about 12 weeks or so. Some dog breeds are like that and it would benefit folks to read up on a particular breed before adopting/rescuing.

I'm all for adopting from the spca first rather than getting an animal that's in a foster home situation because the spca dogs are pretty much at their last stop. The foster dogs have a safe place until adopted.

Yankee (ave pic) just walked up and decided to stay. It cost him his balls, but he seems to be ok with the swap.

I've always wanted that to happen, ever since I was a kid! Dio is the closest we've come to just 'finding' a dog . . . so far.

Haha! I've got two dogs that I actually had to set traps for. They were strays in the area and after weeks and weeks of watching them, I decided to take action. I trapped the Shar Pei, intending to find a good home for her but my husband wanted to keep her. And I trapped a Miniature Pinscher. Neither of these dogs would come to anyone, they'd just run away when approached. The min pin was immediately friendly when let out of the trap, he was also horribly skinny and covered in fleas. The Shar Pei required some pack therapy from my other dogs before she loosened up. Neither dogs had tags, microchips or had been reported as missing at the local agencies. So I kept them! That way I know they're safe.

Every dog that I ever owned, regardless of breed, was the best damned dog in the universe.

That's just the way I roll when it comes to my pets.

I also have the best cat in the universe.

No doubt many of YOU also are sharing your lives with the best dogs and best cats in the universe, too.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back