What's so scary about same sex marriage?

Truthfully, I don't care about if someone should or should not be allowed to "get married" ...I actually believe that there should be no legal connection at all, none. "Civil Unions" for all by the law, since the word marriage has been perverted to mean something only resembling what it really means in the first place. ;) Marriage is a union of two objects, applying that to living things, anything can be married to anything.
No one has advocated changing marriage from a contract between two consenting adults to anything else.

A straw-man built by opponents to human rights, marriage between children and adults, between adults and animals, between more than two adults, between adults and inanimate object.

It's a ridiculous notion, of course. But when this straw-man is in the road, everyone must slow down to swerve around it.

What about the gay rights people who simply want "marriage" so they use it as ammo against the church.

Name one such person.

Truthfully, I don't care about if someone should or should not be allowed to "get married" ...I actually believe that there should be no legal connection at all, none. "Civil Unions" for all by the law, since the word marriage has been perverted to mean something only resembling what it really means in the first place. ;) Marriage is a union of two objects, applying that to living things, anything can be married to anything.
No one has advocated changing marriage from a contract between two consenting adults to anything else.

A straw-man built by opponents to human rights, marriage between children and adults, between adults and animals, between more than two adults, between adults and inanimate object.

It's a ridiculous notion, of course. But when this straw-man is in the road, everyone must slow down to swerve around it.

What about the gay rights people who simply want "marriage" so they use it as ammo against the church.

They don't use it against the church.. You have it backwards. The church people use it against them..

Hence, the same reason why this same topic is constantly being revisited in the religion forum.

They want gay marriage because they want their marriage to count towards all the same contractual and survivorship benefits, and tax and property benefits that every heterosexual couple has, regardless of whether the hetero couple is married or living in sin. :tongue:

Forum List

Back