What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Gem said:
Gabby....you wrote a perfectly lovely post. You described yourself as someone dedicated doing what is right for the nation, even if many here do not agree with what the right thing is. It would have been a perfect opportunity for you to end with..."So thats a bit about me. I'm not evil, not anti-troops, I don't do drugs, etc. Hopefully you will all keep this in mind as we continue to discuss different topics."

But instead...you ended with a thinly veiled barb against the people here:
"If you have a son or daughter around my age, can you say the same thing?"

This is quite similar to another post, in which you insulted the people here and their parenting skills.

Why did you do this? Why would you write a post about peace, love, and most certainly, understanding...and then end in a manner that demonstrates quite clearly that you do not understand that people who have different views than yours and your families raise perfectly lovely children as well?

I think the bottom line is, it is almost impossible to see you as anything other than a petulant child insulting and demeaning those who think differently than she does and then crying and writing self-indulgent posts about how fabulous she is when you are insulted or demeaned in a similar manner.

Perhaps if you could accept that numerous people here go to church, some dont, many have ideas that are quite different than yours, some are divorced, married, single, parents, not parents, straight, gay, bisexual, young, old, and that doesn't make them better OR WORSE than you....perhaps then, when you begin to show people here the respect you seem to feel you are entitled to...you will begin to be treated that way.

There are idiots here who will treat you poorly because you think differently than they do...you'll find them everywhere, on every board, with every type of political, moral, religious, social leanings. However, the vast majority of people on this board have simply been waiting for you to act like the mature young woman you claim to be...and you don't demonstrate that by implying that their children are not as wonderful as you are.

Bravo Gem!!

Gabby Wrote:

My jabs at "parenting" are in direct response to those who believe that, believe I have liberal viewpoints, I must be a disgusting vulgar rotten child who received minimal parenting by a pair of idiots. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

Perhaps you would be treated with more respect if you directed your jabs at JUST the people who you feel think you are a "vulgar, rotten child."

I have not seen anyone insult your parents, it seems to me that most of the negativity towards your posts is directed at your habit of grouping everyone here together in one negative stereotype...however I might have missed that post.

Believe it or not, I have received my share of negative reputation here. I have gone head to head with several members and a few moderators. I have been insulted at times and I have insulted at times. However, by keeping my arguments to just the people I have had the problems with... I have avoided many of the problems you are now facing.

If I could offer you one piece of advice, it would be this: If you truly want to continue to post here, and want it to be meaningful, then stop generalizing negative attributes to everyone here and simply address specific people with your grievances.

Kids are a product of their upbringing. I was raised to think for myself. Others are not. Simple as that.

I will agree with you in part...children are quite often, the products of their upbringing.

However...you did not imply that you were raised by parents who let you think for yourself and end it at that...you instead, continued to imply that people here were raised by people who forced them to go to church and didn't teach them to think for themselves. It is not your assertion of the importance of parenting that I take issue with...its your desire to lump everyone here into a negative generalization that I DO object to.

You are smarter than that...stop generalizing and start dealing with the people...one on one...otherwise you are just wasting your time here...and everyone else's in the process.

-=d=- said:
If you were my daughter I'd do whatever it took to pressure you into joining the Military.

(shrug).

Oh - btw? What you 'think and feel' is wrong. 90% of what you believe is based on lies and speculation. You lack vital skills: Critical Thought, Caring, Maturity (yes, Maturity can be learned), and you don't listen (by that I mean you are un-coachable. Nobody can teach you something which hasn't passed through your mental filters).

I didn't need to pressure my oldest daughter. She asked for a ride to the recruiter's office. She has these dumb ideas like believing in something bigger thanherself, and citizens should earn their rights in this country.

I'm such a bad parent. :mm:

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Sir Evil said:
Very interesting, and you are in California eh?

Sorry, don't buy a single thing you say, not even the fact that you are who you say you are.

It's called "moving" Sir Evil. Sometimes, people grow up in one place, then get married and move to another place to live.
And I don't buy anything you say either. I think you are really The Great Pumpkin.

I didn't need to pressure my oldest daughter. She asked for a ride to the recruiter's office. She has these dumb ideas like believing in something bigger thanherself, and citizens should earn their rights in this country.

Where do kids get these dumb ideas, anyway? :dunno:

Gabriella84 said:
Where do kids get these dumb ideas, anyway? :dunno:

She learned them at home. I thought it wiser to teach her what was right than to go jacking her jaws against everything that inconvenienced her personal desires.

Gabriella84 said:
Gem, I appreciate what you are trying to say. And you said it in an intelligent and non-beligerent manner, which is appreciated.
My jabs at "parenting" are in direct response to those who believe that, believe I have liberal viewpoints, I must be a disgusting vulgar rotten child who received minimal parenting by a pair of idiots. Which couldn't be further from the truth.
Kids are a product of their upbringing. I was raised to think for myself. Others are not. Simple as that.
And no, I never played team sports, water skiied or rode horses. I rode my bike, skated and ran with my sister. In high school, I was on our math competition team and served as a peer mentor.
*pats herself on the back some more*

No, we believe that you're a disgusting, vulgar, rotten child who recieved minimal parenting by a pair of idiots because we're trying to put the blame on your parents instead of squarely on your shoulders. I'm beginning to think you're actually a disgusting, vulgar, rotten child despite good parenting. Well, maybe disgusting, vulgar, rotten is a poor choice of words. How about loud, rude, arrogant, and obnoxious.
:flameth:

You've been nothing but rude and arrogant since you got here, and I don't see that changing. It's time you faced the fact that you're not perfect.

Oh, and snapping off in a condescending way to a moderator isn't winning you any points.

Forum List

Back