What's rep protocol?

now now....i just find it sillie to have to open a pm to see...'thanks'....as i have said in the past...if you have something to say...fine...but if its just a 'thanks' dont bother...i dont dave at all....

you know why jr league-rs dont have orgies?

too many thank you notes

o and quatam after your verbal attack on eaglewings....you surely were raised by wolves?

I didn't attack anyone, I stated an opinion. Besides, manners are not opinions, they are part of the social contract, and show that you respect yourself.

In your opinion someone that doesn't thank you for rep has no self-respect?

Interesting take.

now now....i just find it sillie to have to open a pm to see...'thanks'....as i have said in the past...if you have something to say...fine...but if its just a 'thanks' dont bother...i dont dave at all....

too many thank you notes

o and quatam after your verbal attack on eaglewings....you surely were raised by wolves?

I didn't attack anyone, I stated an opinion. Besides, manners are not opinions, they are part of the social contract, and show that you respect yourself.

Interesting take.

It's more of a self-indulgent, egocentricity in your case...just brought up badly I would guess.

Interesting take.

It's more of a self-indulgent, egocentricity in your case...just brought up badly I would guess.

Evidently you don't know what you're talking about....imagine that.

too many thank you notes

Interesting take.

I thank everyone for rep because I respect myself. That does not mean that people with no manners have no self respect, it just means their self respect is based on the belief that they are better than others.

Interesting take.

I thank everyone for rep because I respect myself. That does not mean that people with no manners have no self respect, it just means their self respect is based on the belief that they are better than others.

But if I personally don't have a problem with someone not thanking me for rep, why do you assume I'd accept another's perspective over my own?

Like I said I personally usually do thank people, sometimes I forget, and sometimes I don't see it for a few days since I have notifications off.

I'm surprised there are so many that literally take offense to someone not thanking them for rep...seems immature.

Interesting take.

But if I personally don't have a problem with someone not thanking me for rep, why do you assume I'd accept another's perspective over my own?

Like I said I personally usually do thank people, sometimes I forget, and sometimes I don't see it for a few days since I have notifications off.

I'm surprised there are so many that literally take offense to someone not thanking them for rep...seems immature.

I don't take offense because of bad manners, I am to arrogant.

too many thank you notes

Interesting take.

he is not to be taken seriously, he bloviates a lot. and cannot admit that he is wrong even when he is caught red-handed mangling a word he only heard from talk radio.

i think he is on the asperger spectrum.

he bloviates a lot. and cannot admit that he is wrong even when he is caught red-handed mangling a word he only heard from talk radio.
You noticed that too?

It's a special gene, KG has it, and a couple of others.

if you are really bored, look for "prejoritive"

:laugh:

I really enjoyed BigDerpnc1775's entry in that sequence:

I may not know the meaning of some words but I do have and understanding of what they might mean. Unlike you.

:rofl:

I give rep when I feel it is deserved; I do not expect a thank you for giving rep. I used to say thank you all the time, but I stopped. I just don't think it's a big deal. It also seems to become a game of who can get the most rep, so I just don't think it's that important. If you agree with what someone has to say, then give them a positive rep. As for neg reps, I rarely give those out, unless the person is an absolute idiot.

Am I supposed to thank people? Is it rude not to?

i pretty much try to thank everyone but i make it a special point to thank the poster who puts me over a certain threshhold number of rep points and makes me eligible for the drawing to win a free toaster or a late '70s muscle car.

Forum List

Back