Status
Not open for further replies.
Buuuuuuuurp.
She became a troo murkin.

Attachments

• $sally_struthers_5184411.jpg
    $sally_struthers_5184411.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 48
Let's talk about tax cuts and wars. I'm willing to concede that the Bush tax cuts did in fact contribute to the national debt. But was it worth it? Some say the total cost after you add in the interest we paid over the years at 3.7 trillion. That's a lot of money, but we did put more people to work from 2003 - 2007, before the recession hit. Some might say the problem wasn't the loss of revenue coming in but rather the spending going out, which did rise due to the wars and domestic spending increases.

Some say those tax cuts were partly responsible for the recession. I believe that is total nonsense, there is no credible aergument that I know of to support that idea.

Should we have invaded IRAQ? Back then a lot of people in a lot of countries believed Saddam had WMD, not just us either. 115 democrats voted for that war initially. But it dragged on, costng us a lot of blood and treasure, neither of which we could afford to lose. BUT - today there is a fledgling democracy in the middle east, an example that might be one reason for the uprisings we see in so many arab countries. I think there is some question as to the long run costs and benefits that have yet to play out. WE may never know what we would have ended up paying for if we had not invaded or if we had cut and run after the 1st year or two.

Afghanistan is a different story, at least to me. I see this as a lost cause, that is one fucked up country and we can't change that. Not in a year, 10 years, 20 years, not until they finally get their own Mahatma Ghandhi or somebody similar. It won't matter when we leave, that country is going to revert back to what it's always been. We're going to have to continue to look for terrorist trainming camps there, andif we find one then shoot a drone missile up their asses.

Which brings us finally to the unfunded Medicare changes that were made under Bush43, had to do with drug benefits I believe. It's worth noting that the Dems wanted 3 times as much money as was in the final bill, so I think it's a bit disingenuous for them to point fingers in this particular instance. I don't think there's any doubt that fiscal decisions were made by both parties over the past decade and before that, which led us to the present debt debacle we find ourselves in. We're going to have to work together to dig ourselves back out of the hole, before circumstances dictate harsher decisions from which there is no escape.

Last edited:
Let's talk about tax cuts and wars. I'm willing to concede that the Bush tax cuts did in fact contribute to the national debt. But was it worth it? Some say the total cost after you add in the interest we paid over the years at 3.7 trillion. That's a lot of money, but we did put more people to work from 2003 - 2007, before the recession hit. Some might say the problem wasn't the loss of revenue coming in but rather the spending going out, which did rise due to the wars and domestic spending increases.

Some say those tax cuts were partly responsible for the recession. I believe that is total nonsense, there is no credible aergument that I know of to support that idea.

Should we have invaded IRAQ? Back then a lot of people in a lot of countries believed Saddam had WMD, not just us either. 115 democrats voted for that war initially. But it dragged on, costng us a lot of blood and treasure, neither of which we could afford to lose. BUT - today there is a fledgling democracy in the middle east, an example that might be one reason for the uprisings we see in so many arab countries. I think there is some question as to the long run costs and benefits that have yet to play out. WE may never know what we would have ended up paying for if we had not invaded or if we had cut and run after the 1st year or two.

Afghanistan is a different story, at least to me. I see this as a lost cause, that is one fucked up country and we can't change that. Not in a year, 10 years, 20 years, not until they finally get their own Mahatma Ghandhi or somebody similar. It won't matter when we leave, that country is going to revert back to what it's always been. We're going to have to continue to look for terrorist trainming camps there, andif we find one then shoot a drone missile up their asses.

Which brings us finally to the unfunded Medicare changes that were made under Bush43, had to do with drug benefits I believe. It's worth noting that the Dems wanted 3 times as much money as was in the final bill, so I think it's a bit disingenuous for them to point fingers in this particular instance. I don't think there's any doubt that fiscal decisions were made by both parties over the past decade and before that, which led us to the present debt debacle we find ourselves in. We're going to have to work together to dig ourselves back out of the hole, before circumstances dictate harsher decisions from which there is no escape.

:clap2:

It's not that government spends too much, it's that government leaves too much money in the hands of people who don't really need it.

Support the Democrats and a 90% Tax on all income in excess of $50,000 per family per year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back