Discussion in 'Food & Wine' started by scarface, Mar 20, 2006.
in orange juice. what exactly is pulp?
The fleshy bits of the orange.
It's something to be filtered out, so we can enjoy orange juice without having to chew.
Its coagulated animal snot, really!
Definitions of pulp on the Web:
* any soft or soggy mass; "he pounded it to a pulp"
* a soft moist part of a fruit
* a mixture of cellulose fibers
* an inexpensive magazine printed on poor quality paper
* remove the pulp from, as from a fruit
* the soft inner part of a tooth
* reduce to pulp; "pulp fruit"; "pulp wood"
Separate names with a comma.