What's One Thing Obama Has Done to Help You Personally?

I still have my postdoc position thanks to the stimulus money going to the NIH, in a time where funding is tight and very competitive. My lab is getting new microscopes thanks to it.

And I think what most people forget, or don't want to believe, but the stimulus might of kept many companies afloat to make it through the tough times. I say may as I'm no economic expert, neither is anybody here I bet, and that's my take on the benefit of it.
Can't find a job, eh? So staying as a post doc.

Economy sucks.

You might be a bit harsh there Si. For Dr Gregg, he made some personal observations on what has happened to him directly per the thread topic and made a fair general comment. No put downs or snide comments. Finally, yes, the economy still sucks and can turn worse with little warning or effort.

:lol: You expect presidents to come to your house and wipe your ass?

Tool.

Folks, more proof of what we are up against... Thanks again Ravi for another one of you enlightening posts...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He can't even come up with one thing that the President has done for him yet he kisses his ass everyday...
Provide some template for whatever it is you expect as an answer. For example: point to something that George W. Bush has done that has helped you personally since he has been in office.

Obviously you can't answer the question...big surprise there... but to answer yours, Bush cut taxes for me which gave me more money in my pocket to take care of my family and other people who needed it.

I have not personally been killed by a terrorist.

There you go... Our first legitimate response from a liberal....

I guess you could say Bush did the same thing for you then... Congrats.
Yeah....he was a real prince, when it came to protecting Americans.

9:11%20image.jpg

:cuckoo:

Out of curiosity can someone point to something that Obama has done that has helped you personally since he has been in office?

For that matter, how about one thing the Democrats have done to help you?

Thanks.

I have a 22 year old son who works for a small company that offers no benefits. I have been helping him pay for private health insurance on the open market. It costs $1728 a year for a bare bones policy. With the new healthcare bill, I will be able to put him back on my policy until he is 26

You have to help him with $144/month? You'll be paying his way til he's 50 at this rate. Well done!

Out of curiosity can someone point to something that Obama has done that has helped you personally since he has been in office?

Thanks.

What has obama done for me personally? Not a God damn thing, and I wouldn't piss on the filthy sons a bitch if he was on fire.

What have the democrats done for me? Not a God damn thing, and I wouldn't piss on the filthy sons a bitches if they were on fire.

The purple lipped dogs ass obama, coupled with the shit stain reid and the scabby old puss sack pelosi have brought our country to the brink of disaster. They have spent this country into a high speed train wreck in motion. They should all be tried for high treason and thrown in PRISON.
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!!

Great rhetoric. Zero details.

red-card1.jpg

"Penalty...Dittoheads!!"

Thanks.

What has obama done for me personally? Not a God damn thing, and I wouldn't piss on the filthy sons a bitch if he was on fire.

What have the democrats done for me? Not a God damn thing, and I wouldn't piss on the filthy sons a bitches if they were on fire.

The purple lipped dogs ass obama, coupled with the shit stain reid and the scabby old puss sack pelosi have brought our country to the brink of disaster. They have spent this country into a high speed train wreck in motion. They should all be tried for high treason and thrown in PRISON.
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!!

Great rhetoric. Zero details.

red-card1.jpg

"Penalty...Dittoheads!!"

Would you suggest he give details from partisan editorial sites from 1997, with unsubstantiated 'statistics', as set by your example?

Thanks.

Just one? Somebody stop me.

Obama has worked to turn the economy around and it seems to be working.

Obama has made it possible for my kids to put their kids on their insurance when they go to college.

Obama's policies have devastated al Qaeda leaving us to be attacked by only incompetent morons. That makes me feel much safer.

Obama has gone a long way to reverse the trend that made the rest of world hate us. I work at a company that does 60% of it's business overseas. I meet reps from China, Taiwan, Germany, Brazil, Australia, India and many other countries. I know this to be a fact. That makes me feel better which takes some stress out of my life.

US to build two new nuclear power stations

BBC News - US to build two new nuclear power stations

--------They've already started hiring in Georgia.

The Southern Co. believes it can break ground on the country's first nuclear plant in 30 years, but it will need a new generation of workers to run it.

Plans for building a wave of nuclear reactors would create a need for 12,000 to 21,000 new workers ranging from specially trained maintenance crews to nuclear physicists and engineers. The need for labor is compounded since more than a third of the country's existing nuclear workers will be eligible for retirement in four years.

Besides fulfilling basic state requirements in the liberal arts, students take classes in mathematics, electrical engineering technology and learn about mechanical controllers, nuclear reactors, radiation protection and the utility industry.

The first students are set to graduate in May from pilot programs at Chattanooga State Technical Community College in Tennessee and Salem Community College in New Jersey.

Latricia Lloyd, 48, enrolled in Chattanooga after a battery maker outsourced her sales job and cut her pay.

"The nuclear industry is a growth industry right now," she said. "It's a very stable job."

Moneynews - Nuclear Industry to Hire for Growth, Retirements

----Obama has done more in less than two years than the Republican administration did in eight. In fact, I couldn't think of a single thing that helped the country in eight years. NOT ONE! How many nuclear power plants were started under the Bush Administration?

Worse, Bush didn't even put out much of an effort trying to get Bin Laden. And a short time later, Republicans completely lost interest in Bin Laden. How is that possible???? Would we even still be fighting al Qaeda if Bush had done the right thing?

Add all the other Bush/Republican disasters and it's a wonder they can hold their heads in anything except shame. Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
WE HAVE HAD OVER 60 RESPONSES..... AND THIS IS THE SUMMARY...

(1) response saying an advancement of embryonic stem cell research that MAY help someone in the future and (1) response saying that they haven't personally been killed by a terrorist... which I guess anyone alive can say that about any President. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

All other posts have been about how Obama has emboldened the rival party and about how he is killing this country...

Pretty amazing that with all of the Obama supporters on here that they can't find one thing that Obama has done in over a year in office to help them despite having majorities in both houses of Congress since 2006.

Independents... If this doesn't tell you something then nothing will.

Thanks.

I have a 22 year old son who works for a small company that offers no benefits. I have been helping him pay for private health insurance on the open market. It costs $1728 a year for a bare bones policy. With the new healthcare bill, I will be able to put him back on my policy until he is 26

I wonder how much your insurer will increase your premium when you place him back on to your insurance?

I bet it'll be more than $1,728.00 per year.

By the way, also budget to pay more taxes so you can pay for my insurance, because I'm gonna cancel my policy and just let the Nanny State take care of me.

That is the response I expected... Thanks Ravi.

Folks this is from Ravi, a die hard lib... And this was his best response. These are the type of people we are dealing with. God help our country.
Hey, c'mon...give US a break!!

Look at what we LIBS had to deal-with...for EIGHT YEARS!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQzdW7hg4A]YouTube - Classic Bush - What Mistakes?[/ame]

:eek:
But, but, but.....Boooooooooooosh. :cuckoo:
That is really getting old, dude.
Much like his credit-card-balance.....

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

Dude, find something interesting to say.

THIS coming from the asshat who speak about the POTUS in this manner?

I find a little irony in the fact that obama has lowered the office of the presidency in a manner that he calls the tea party, tea baggers. I guess the gloves are off as far as respect to the office he holds, and he brought it on himself. Once again it show that he's not ready for primetime

Seeing how Tea Bagger called themselves Tea Baggers long before Obama did, I really don't see your point?

Last edited:
WE HAVE HAD OVER 60 RESPONSES..... AND THIS IS THE SUMMARY...

(1) response saying an advancement of embryonic stem cell research that MAY help someone in the future and (1) response saying that they haven't personally been killed by a terrorist... which I guess anyone alive can say that about any President. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

All other posts have been about how Obama has emboldened the rival party and about how he is killing this country...

Pretty amazing that with all of the Obama supporters on here that they can't find one thing that Obama has done in over a year in office to help them despite having majorities in both houses of Congress since 2006.

Independents... If this doesn't tell you something then nothing will.

You might want to reconsider this post.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...one-to-help-you-personally-5.html#post2283402

Thanks.

I wonder how much your insurer will increase your premium when you place him back on to your insurance?

I bet it'll be more than $1,728.00 per year.

By the way, also budget to pay more taxes so you can pay for my insurance, because I'm gonna cancel my policy and just let the Nanny State take care of me.

We'll just have to see, won't we:

Health insurers sue to raise rates - The Boston Globe

The proposed rate hikes would have taken effect April 1 for plans covering thousands of small businesses and individuals. Insurers wanted to raise base rates an average of 8 percent to 32 percent; tacked on to that are often additional costs calculated according to factors such as the size and age of the workforce.

-------------We get it. You really like insurance companies. But let's see if they can keep LESS of the money they SKIM off of policies.

Thanks.

Just one? Somebody stop me.

Obama has worked to turn the economy around and it seems to be working.

Obama has made it possible for my kids to put their kids on their insurance when they go to college.

Obama's policies have devastated al Qaeda leaving us to be attacked by only incompetent morons. That makes me feel much safer.

Obama has gone a long way to reverse the trend that made the rest of world hate us. I work at a company that does 60% of it's business overseas. I meet reps from China, Taiwan, Germany, Brazil, Australia, India and many other countries. I know this to be a fact. That makes me feel better which takes some stress out of my life.

US to build two new nuclear power stations

BBC News - US to build two new nuclear power stations

--------They've already started hiring in Georgia.

The Southern Co. believes it can break ground on the country's first nuclear plant in 30 years, but it will need a new generation of workers to run it.

Plans for building a wave of nuclear reactors would create a need for 12,000 to 21,000 new workers ranging from specially trained maintenance crews to nuclear physicists and engineers. The need for labor is compounded since more than a third of the country's existing nuclear workers will be eligible for retirement in four years.

Besides fulfilling basic state requirements in the liberal arts, students take classes in mathematics, electrical engineering technology and learn about mechanical controllers, nuclear reactors, radiation protection and the utility industry.

The first students are set to graduate in May from pilot programs at Chattanooga State Technical Community College in Tennessee and Salem Community College in New Jersey.

Latricia Lloyd, 48, enrolled in Chattanooga after a battery maker outsourced her sales job and cut her pay.

"The nuclear industry is a growth industry right now," she said. "It's a very stable job."

Moneynews - Nuclear Industry to Hire for Growth, Retirements

----Obama has done more in less than two years than the Republican administration did in eight. In fact, I couldn't think of a single thing that helped the country in eight years. NOT ONE!

Worse, Bush didn't even put out much of an effort trying to get Bin Laden. And a short time later, Republicans completely lost interest in Bin Laden. How is that possible???? Would we even still be fighting al Qaeda if Bush had done the right thing?

Add all the other Bush/Republican disasters and it's a wonder they can hold their heads in anything except shame. Seriously.

Thank you for the response...

Turning the economy around...Interesting... I'm not sure 10% unemployment is turning the country around... but I'll take your word for it.

Healthcare for college kids - Agree... That's great for families, as long as the families pay for it themselves.

Obama's policies have devastated al Qaeda leaving us to be attacked by only incompetent morons. That makes me feel much safer. ---- Guess you didn't hear about the bomb that almost went off in Time Square... and didn't hear about his Pakistan connections

Obama has gone a long way to reverse the trend that made the rest of world hate us. I work at a company that does 60% of it's business overseas. I meet reps from China, Taiwan, Germany, Brazil, Australia, India and many other countries. I know this to be a fact. That makes me feel better which takes some stress out of my life. ---- Ok, you feel better because you think other countries like us more...

Nuclear Energy - Agree... :clap2:

----Obama has done more in less than two years than the Republican administration did in eight. In fact, I couldn't think of a single thing that helped the country in eight years. NOT ONE! --- I guess it's obvious you don't have a 401k, or own any stock... and I guess keeping us safe from terrorists and having no terrorists attacks on our soil doesn't count either... by the way Obama has already had a terrorist attack on our soil (the Fort Hood shooter) have you heard of him?? and almost another one this last weekend in NY.

Thanks for the post...

THIS coming from the asshat who speak about the POTUS in this manner?

I find a little irony in the fact that obama has lowered the office of the presidency in a manner that he calls the tea party, tea baggers. I guess the gloves are off as far as respect to the office he holds, and he brought it on himself. Once again it show that he's not ready for primetime

Seeing how Tea Bagger called themselves Tea Baggers long before Obama did, I really don't see your point?
Of course you don't. You have no class. Neither does the POTUS. It's embarrassing.

:lol: You expect presidents to come to your house and wipe your ass?

Tool.

Folks, more proof of what we are up against... Thanks again Ravi for another one of you enlightening posts...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He can't even come up with one thing that the President has done for him yet he kisses his ass everyday...
Provide some template for whatever it is you expect as an answer. For example: point to something that George W. Bush has done that has helped you personally since he has been in office.
You're not asking for anything POSITIVE, right??

:confused:

Forum List

Back