What's on your mind?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Today I'm mentally strapped. While preparing for a meeting this afternoon, I'm stuck trying to figure out how to do my 'other' work now our Network Nazis have shut off just about every source I used prior... (sigh).

I'm also in a bit of a mood; tonight we've got a HOA meeting; our 'president' is a bit of a knucklehead. 7 couples visited us last night to work up a strategy to 'fix' things.

Today I have to officiate at a funeral. The Masonic Brother that was going to give the funeral has turned ill and no longer will be able to give the service, therefore I have to give it myself as there is nobody else I can call at such short notice.

Worse yet, the funeral is supposed to be given by memory but I will have to read it as I have not yet memorized the material and have no time to do so. I hope that the audience is receptive regardless of my shortfalls.

:smoke:

no1tovote4 said:
Today I have to officiate at a funeral. The Masonic Brother that was going to give the funeral has turned ill and no longer will be able to give the service, therefore I have to give it myself as there is nobody else I can call at such short notice.

Worse yet, the funeral is supposed to be given by memory but I will have to read it as I have not yet memorized the material and have no time to do so. I hope that the audience is receptive regardless of my shortfalls.

:smoke:

You seem like a sensative, tactfull well-spoken guy. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Good news and bad news:

I called the Mortuary, it turns out the information I was provided as to the time of the service was erroneous and the funeral service went on without me.

This, of course, makes the Lodge look as if they did not care about the gentleman which was not the case. I am hoping they will accept a well-worded apology.

Now good news. The guy who gave us all the bad information about the time of the Memorial Service gave the service himself.

A little ironic justice....

Glad things worked out? I guess?

My meeting went okay today - Tonight my Home Owners Ass. meets... (shiver). A GOOD Home Owners Ass = one I don't have to think about at 2:30p on a sunny thursday afternoon!

:)

I love my job, however, the "assistant" service manager is a mouthy, arrogant, scrawny little fuck, who has an attitude that needs adjustment. He's been there for seven years so he figures anyone who's been there less time than he can eat his shit. I'd like to screw off his head and shit down his neck, because if it weren't for him, my job couldn't be more perfect... :mad:

Thanks for the chance to "vent" -=d=-.

The creation of the universe, the right to life, and how well my children are being socialized.

How I have to get up and transport my boy's to school and hour and 15 minutes away every morning!

I'm thinking about life today. Yeah - big surprise, Darin getting all 'introspective' :)

Anybody back east wanna hire a brotha from the NW? :) I'll work cheap...I'll work for 'favours' too!

:D

-=d=- said:
I'm thinking about life today. Yeah - big surprise, Darin getting all 'introspective' :)

Anybody back east wanna hire a brotha from the NW? :) I'll work cheap...I'll work for 'favours' too!

:D

I'm thinking about how famous I am for being quoted in Darin's sig...

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp

Forum List

Back