What’s Obama going to do if we have a nuclear power plant disaster in the U.S.?

A second nuclear power plant in Nebraska is being threatened by rising floodwaters, but the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, a federal watchdog agency, says the plant's owners are taking the appropriate steps to ward off danger, according to a report in the Omaha World-Herald.

The Cooper Power Station would have to go into cold shutdown should floodwaters rise an additional six feet, a prospect local officials say is highly unlikely.

You were saying?

Should Obama be golfing when the country is in such turmoil? Why isn't anyone talking about this? This could be potentially disastrous.

Will FEMA get a stimulus package?

Nebraska Nuclear Plant at Level 4 Emergency

Airspace Over Flooded Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant Still Closed

Second Nebraska Nuclear Plant Threatened By Flooding

He's just putting the lie to all of that stuff about Bush being the cause of everything in the Universe.

If he takes a break the country doesn't fall apart.

Course when Bush was President the media gave everyone that impression.

well, if it hits Kalifornia, it will hopefully cleave away San fran and Berkeley and send them both into the pacific.

If I am at work, oh well, I'll take one for mankind and go down with moonbats....light a candle for me.

The first link has video of the situation and the water high and due to rise another 5'. I'm just surprised I haven't heard about this earlier.

Electrical Fire Knocks Out Spent Fuel Cooling at Nebraska Nuclear Plant

Wednesday 15 June 2011

A fire in an electrical switch room on Tuesday briefly knocked out cooling for a pool holding spent nuclear fuel at the Fort Calhoun nuclear plant outside Omaha, Neb., plant officials said.

The safety of deep pools used to store used radioactive fuel at nuclear plants has been an issue since the accident at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant in March. If the cooling water in a pool is lost, the used nuclear fuel could catch fire and release radiation.

Wolfie, I think others have sufficiently embarrassed you in this thread.....I'll leave the birds to pick your bones.

This could be potentially disastrous let's hope it's not. It was flash flooding that cause the problem at the nuclear plant(s)

"Flooding remains a concern all along the river because of the massive amounts of water released by the Army Corps of Engineers. The river is expected to rise as much as 5 to 7 feet above flood stage in much of Nebraska and Iowa and as much as 10 feet over flood stage in parts of Missouri."

We can just spray some air freshener spray on the radiation and it will go away right?

Nuclear security: Feds nail three illegal aliens at nuclear plant

"Federal agents arrested three illegal aliens in Blair, Nebraska, on September 15 when they attempted to enter the outer secure area of the Omaha Public Power District's Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station to perform contract work at the plant for the first time.

The three men, all citizens of Mexico, had been hired by an independent contractor to perform maintenance work at the nuclear facility."

Nah, nothing bad could happen at nuclear power plants, right? Go back to sleep everyone.

Illegals at power plant prompt call for legislation

"Illegal aliens using false Social Security numbers were able to enter and work as contract painters at a power plant in Florida, including work near one nuclear reactor."

"“That doesn’t give the local community a very good feeling, if you have a situation where undocumented foreigners can get access to a nuclear power plant and that doesn’t violate anything,” he said."

I feel safe and snug as bug in a rug.

Suspected illegals
caught at sub base

[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]U.S. Border Patrol agents have arrested ten suspected illegal aliens who were working for a government contractor at the Pt. Loma Naval Base in San Diego, home to high-tech nuclear-powered submarines. [/FONT]

This could be potentially disastrous let's hope it's not. It was flash flooding that cause the problem at the nuclear plant(s)

"Flooding remains a concern all along the river because of the massive amounts of water released by the Army Corps of Engineers. The river is expected to rise as much as 5 to 7 feet above flood stage in much of Nebraska and Iowa and as much as 10 feet over flood stage in parts of Missouri."

There is another thread on this. the pool went up a whole 2 degrees before they turned on the backup pump. It would have taken over 80 hours of doing nothing before the water even approached boiling.

The no fly zone was due to the flooding, not due to the reactor.

There is no "level 4" alert, someone made that number up.

The plant notified the feds they had a small electrical fire and a bad pump. Once they put in the backup (not even the emergency backup, the normal backup) they went down to thier normal emergency operating level, which is caused by the flooding of the missouri river.

Obama will claim it created jobs due to its shovel ready aspect.

What do you expect him to do?

It's not like there aren't a thousand different gameplans for a thousand different scenarios ready to go when it comes to nuclear power plants.

You want he should be manning a bilge pump or something?

:cuckoo:

What do you expect him to do?

It's not like there aren't a thousand different gameplans for a thousand different scenarios ready to go when it comes to nuclear power plants.

You want he should be manning a bilge pump or something?

:cuckoo:

Yes, indeedy. Just like he Plugged The Hole during the oil spill.

New Topics

Forum List

Back