What's next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?

What's next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?

• Go back to school to learn how a real executive operates

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Talk to school kids, the younger the better

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Listen to his past speeches

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Though I loath Obama and everything he stands for, I cringed when he embarrassed himself by flying to Denmark to beg them for the Olympics. It's a major, MAJOR embarrassment for America as a nation to have our President both get personally involved in a matter so trivial and then to get bitch slapped by nobodies.

What's a Community Organizer to do?

Last edited:
Thought I loath Obama and everything he stands for I cringed when he embarrassed himself by flying to Denmark to beg them for the Olympics. It's a major, MAJOR embarrassment for America as a nation to have our President both get personally involved in a matter so trivial and then to get bitch slapped by nobodies.

Wha's a Community Organizer to do?

Throw them under the bus---what else ?:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Feel free to write in: attack Glenn Beck and other talk radio hosts

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Shouldn't the poll read:

Which of the following FOUR CHOICES is next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?
  1. Go back to school to learn how a real executive operates
  2. Talk to school kids, the younger the better
  3. Listen to his past speeches

Shouldn't the poll read:

Which of the following FOUR CHOICES is next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?
  1. Go back to school to learn how a real executive operates
  2. Talk to school kids, the younger the better
  3. Listen to his past speeches

Laughed so hard I snorted

You are quite right this is an incredible embarrassment for the Obama White House.

From here, you will see a weekend news cycle of downplaying the rebuke by the Olympics Committee, followed by an increasingly chaotic health care debate, and perhaps another surprise from Iran.

Perhaps the greatest loser of this affair has been the mainstream media - once again showing its blatant in-the-tank attitude toward Obama. The media was stunned at Obama's Olympics failure - they were running stories of how Michelle "stole the show" and how impressive was the President's plea to the committee, while at almost the same time, the committee was voting down Chicago in the first round.

Check out the CNN guy freaking out after the announcement...LOL

Chicago is OUT? Chicago is OUT? Bloody brilliant!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuE60mq0r1Q]YouTube - Chicago Loses Olympic Bid; CNN Freaks Out: "WHAT!?"[/ame]

Last edited:
Thought I loath Obama and everything he stands for I cringed when he embarrassed himself by flying to Denmark to beg them for the Olympics. It's a major, MAJOR embarrassment for America as a nation to have our President both get personally involved in a matter so trivial and then to get bitch slapped by nobodies.

Why is it an embarressment?

Are you saying no president has ever campaigned for an Olympics to be held in a U.S. city?

Are you saying no president has ever campaigned for an Olympics to be held in a U.S. city?

And begged? And said how his daughters would like to walk their house (Paid for by convicted felon Tony Rezko) to see the Olympics?

Nah, this is a first and a world class embarrassment.

I thought he was going there to pick up the trophy, this is Amateur Hour

So conservative pundits are rejoicing and the Drudge Report is blaring the headline: "THE EGO HAS LANDED WORLD REJECTS OBAMA: CHICAGO OUT IN FIRST ROUND." (talk about rampant exageration there).

It's an aggressive posture. But also, potentially, a risky one, not just because polling data showed that a vast majority of the country wanted America to host the games (though some were skeptical of the need for Obama to make a personal pitch). But also because it continues to produce the specter of conservatives bludgeoning the reputation of America's "second city."

.....Taken as a whole, however, the steady stream of Republican attacks raise as many questions about the GOP's strategy as they do about the president's. For starters: is it smart politics to argue that a major American city is unfit to host the Olympic games? More than one Democratic strategist has pointed out that, if Democrats had attacked George W. Bush for pushing Dallas as an Olympics host, they would immediately have been branded as unpatriotic.

Source: Conservatives Revel In Obama's Olympic Bid Failure[/quuote]

No US President has ever personally attended an IOC meeting.

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Deal with it...

So conservative pundits are rejoicing and the Drudge Report is blaring the headline: "THE EGO HAS LANDED WORLD REJECTS OBAMA: CHICAGO OUT IN FIRST ROUND." (talk about rampant exageration there).

It's an aggressive posture. But also, potentially, a risky one, not just because polling data showed that a vast majority of the country wanted America to host the games (though some were skeptical of the need for Obama to make a personal pitch). But also because it continues to produce the specter of conservatives bludgeoning the reputation of America's "second city."

.....Taken as a whole, however, the steady stream of Republican attacks raise as many questions about the GOP's strategy as they do about the president's. For starters: is it smart politics to argue that a major American city is unfit to host the Olympic games? More than one Democratic strategist has pointed out that, if Democrats had attacked George W. Bush for pushing Dallas as an Olympics host, they would immediately have been branded as unpatriotic.

Source: Conservatives Revel In Obama's Olympic Bid Failure[/quuote]

Funny, when NYC recently campaigned for the Olympics I think Mayor Mike Bloomberg went. I don't think that Bush went. That's how I remember it

And begged? And said how his daughters would like to walk their house (Paid for by convicted felon Tony Rezko) to see the Olympics?

Begged or simply gave an impassioned speech promoting Chicago? Would you rather he have him give a half hearted...."if you guys feel like it maybe you'd consider Chicago" weeny speech?

Like to see some facts that Tony Rezko paid for their house.

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Deal with it...

You are quite right this is an incredible embarrassment for the Obama White House.

From here, you will see a weekend news cycle of downplaying the rebuke by the Olympics Committee, followed by an increasingly chaotic health care debate, and perhaps another surprise from Iran.

Perhaps the greatest loser of this affair has been the mainstream media - once again showing its blatant in-the-tank attitude toward Obama. The media was stunned at Obama's Olympics failure - they were running stories of how Michelle "stole the show" and how impressive was the President's plea to the committee, while at almost the same time, the committee was voting down Chicago in the first round.

Check out the CNN guy freaking out after the announcement...LOL

Chicago is OUT? Chicago is OUT? Bloody brilliant!

YouTube - Chicago Loses Olympic Bid; CNN Freaks Out: "WHAT!?"

Saw this one earlier today, LMAO...Priceless :clap2::lol::lol::clap2:

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Deal with it...

Lets see....

Japan’s incoming prime minister Yukio Hatoyama was asked to attend to support Tokyo’s 2016 Olympic bid. Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and Spanish King Juan Carlos went to Copenhagen. Tokyo also invited Crown Prince Naruhito to attend. BUTOMGITSHORRIBLEIFOBAMADOESBECAUSEITSCRONYISMATITSWORSTANDWE'RESOHAPPYHEFAILED

Just when I thought the rightwingnuts couldn't possibly get anymore hemorrhoidal..they do.

They're absolutely ecstatic to see any sort of failure for this country if they can smear Obama for trying.

Last edited:

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Deal with it...

Lets see....

Japan’s incoming prime minister Yukio Hatoyama was asked to attend to support Tokyo’s 2016 Olympic bid. Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and Spanish King Juan Carlos went to Copenhagen. Tokyo also invited Crown Prince Naruhito to attend. BUTOMGITSHORRIBLEIFOBAMADOESBECAUSEITSCRONYISMATITSWORSTANDWE'RESOHAPPYHEFAILED

Just when I thought the rightwingnuts couldn't possibly get anymore hemorrhoidal..they do.

They're absolutely ecstatic to see any sort of failure for this country if they can smear Obama for trying.

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Your whining excuses for Obama is your way of dealing with it....

Lets see....

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Again: you are absolutely ecstatic to see any sort of failure for this country.

I'm not sure why the "no president ever did it before" has any bearing on it - as if they should never do anything different .

Begged or simply gave an impassioned speech promoting Chicago? Would you rather he have him give a half hearted...."if you guys feel like it maybe you'd consider Chicago" weeny speech?

Like to see some facts that Tony Rezko paid for their house.

I would've rather seen him stay home and work on something important. I'm sure there's something that needs attention on the home-front.

Lets see....

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Again: you are absolutely ecstatic to see any sort of failure for this country.

I'm not sure why the "no president ever did it before" has any bearing on it - as if they should never do anything different .

Not having the Olympics in Chicago in 2016 is hardly a failure for this country.

It IS a failure for Obama - and a failure entirely of his own design...

Forum List

Back