whats my best bet setting up my solar panels

"Fracking" Poisons Your Drinking Water: Stand Up to the Oil Giants and Help Stop the Catastrophe | Environment | AlterNet

July 26, 2010 | Advertisement Seems like everyone is singing the praises of Natural Gas, our newest greenest most homegrown and secure source of American Energy. NOT! "Clean Natural" Gas is neither. Gas extraction, made possible by hydraulic fracturing (or fracking for short) has to sit right beside Deep Sea Drilling, Mountain Top Removal, and Dirty Tar Sands Oil in the pantheon of insane ways to get our carbon fix.

Did you know that Halliburton (yes that Halliburton) pantented fracking: a process that mixes millions of gallons of precious fresh water with a proprietary cocktail of toxics, injects it through our drinking water table, and into the ground at a pressure that will fracture rock? Did you know that when Dick Cheney (yes that Dick) was the VP he fracked the EPA to make sure that this insanity would be exempted from the Safe Drinking Water Act?

RIGZONE - Analysis: Penn. Hydraulic Fracturing Program Well-Managed

I have a farm in southeastern Ohio with a small farm house not much bigger then a cabin
I have a Variety of solar panels plus cells to make my own
as of now I have a20, 40,70 , 85 and 125 watt panels whats my best way to set these up
I do not think I can wire these in a series or can I?
or do I just run each panel separate with its own battery and its own inverter
we lose power out here if the wind blows to hard as I thought about a tie in grid inverter but if the power is out i do not think that would do me much good?

I do not run much but lights, the TV The Mac plus the water pump from the spring
have some infrared heaters I would love to run but I think thats just asking to much with what I have
I buy panels that the glass is cracked so I replace the glass and buying these panels save me 50% at least and I will keep adding when I find these deals, thats why my panels of are different wattage.
I am trying to find the best way to use these I have a couple 12 volt 30 amp Charge protectors as will i need one for each panel if I have to set these up separate ?

I know its ideal to buy all the same wattage but I buy what I can afford and I do get some great deals as 125 watt I paid $75 Its brand new just glass shattered in one corner. this is a example of what I buy

Any help would be apprciated
Thanks

Get ready to spend a lot more money on water to keep them clean,

Get a lot more money for more solar panels to replace these as they go bad.

I heard a talk by a guy from an Indiana utility. He got a call from someone wanting advice installing solar panels. He said why don't you just give me the $30,000 and I'll pay your utility bill for the rest of your life.

Further the solar company will attach a lien to your house so that you must repay the 30k before you sell the house.

In this market you cannot finance a house with solar panels, the negative equity is too great.

Forum List

Back