What's more important...?

Would you rather have undying Friendship or Passion in a Marriage?

• Hey pal! Lets go watch the game! (friendship)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hey Hun, Lets stay home and light candles! (Passion)

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
In a successful marriage:

Friendship or Passion.

I'm convinced the only difference between 'friends' and 'lovers' is passion; therefore, a friend with whom there exists no passion is not a 'lover' by definition.

I would say that friendship is more important. When you're both in your 70's or 80's and can't do the nasty any more, you'd better have a good friendship to fall back on!

gop_jeff said:
I would say that friendship is more important. When you're both in your 70's or 80's and can't do the nasty any more, you'd better have a good friendship to fall back on!

But UNTIL you get 70 or 80, life can be pretty lonely. :(

-=d=- said:

Friendship or Passion.

I'm convinced the only difference between 'friends' and 'lovers' is passion; therefore, a friend with whom there exists no passion is not a 'lover' by definition.

agreed. i can have a lot of fun with my bud (not the weed type) but I ain't gonna pork him and he ain't gonna be my lover. A successful marriage needs both friendship and passion. Otherwise, marriage is no different from having a close friend.

gop_jeff said:

yes, but until you are 70 or 80 what ya gonna do? :wank:?

-=d=- said:

Friendship or Passion.

Most definately friendship.

You can have passion for the one night stand picked up in the bar. For someone you want to wake up next to when you are both 80, you better build and foster a friendship.

Little diddy I wrote.

Love is not something that is deserved. It is a gift, which is given freely without condition or reservation.

Friendship is sometimes mistaken for Love.

As the two are inexorably tied together, Friendship can often survive without Love; but Love most certainly will perish without Friendship.

Rick Newman
April 9, 2003

I think you must have passion ! You have to have that type of connection .
Passion is not all about sex but its about needing one another to feel whole.. You can still have friendship and still feel alone..

Friendship.

You can build passion on friendship.

You cannot build friendship on passion.

you can have passion without sex. it happens when folks get old. they still wanna do the monkey, they just can't. so instead, they hold this strong passion for each other and that is what makes their friendship all that more special!

If you married her, there WAS passion, which means that you probably lost the friendship and the other followed or eyes are straying? :wtf:

Sandy73 said:
Passion is not all about sex but its about needing one another to feel whole.. You can still have friendship and still feel alone..

In the realm of relationships, two halves do not make a whole. I mean weren't they whole people before they meant one another?

freeandfun1 said:
you can have passion without sex. it happens when folks get old. they still wanna do the monkey, they just can't. so instead, they hold this strong passion for each other and that is what makes their friendship all that more special!

I feel the same way ! Passion is a need not a sexual act !

NewGuy said:
Friendship.

You can build passion on friendship.

You cannot build friendship on passion.

:bs1:

Other way around. Passion, or being passionate towards another is not something that can be taught or learned. Passion is a point in proximity towards another person where time stands still; where the touch of their skin against yours; even a finger forces you to abandon whatever it was you were doing and lose yourself in the moment. Where passion lives, words go unspoken. Passion transends physcial desire. Passion compels one to say things or do things or be a way which the object of the passion needs/wants; not out of obligation, but out of neccessity. When I am passionate about somebody, and they me, we find refreshment in one-another. We find rest. And hope. We draw strength and support from each other's gaze.

No my friend...we can 'learn' to like anyone. We can't 'learn' to 'feel'. It's there...or it isn't.

Sandy73 said:

Bingo.

It's the sense of 'You Complete Me'...ala Jerry McGuire. That's what I'm talking about.

Kathianne said:
If you married her, there WAS passion, which means that you probably lost the friendship and the other followed or eyes are straying? :wtf:

That's an excellent point. When there are things missing, people sometimes try to find it elsewhere. There isn't always passion when you marry someone either.

Kathianne said:

Me? This isn't about me or my marriage...

But you are assuming people only Marry if Passion exists? Not true.

-=d=- said:
Me? This isn't about me or my marriage...

But you are assuming people only Marry if Passion exists? Not true.

Sorry, didn't mean you. As to the other, NOW that WOULD suck! Why would anyone do that? Hard enough otherwise?

Got the toughies today.

Kathianne said:
Sorry, didn't mean you. As to the other, NOW that WOULD suck! Why would anyone do that? Hard enough otherwise?

Got the toughies today.

I knew a guy in the Army who married a woman because he didn't want to go to Germany alone - and he was gay, and she knew it.

weird eh? :)

-=d=- said:
I knew a guy in the Army who married a woman because he didn't want to go to Germany alone - and he was gay, and she knew it.

weird eh? :)

Good thing they found each other, I guess. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back