What's more immoral to you, marriage by family members or gay marriage?

Which is worse to you, cousin marriage or gay marriage.

• I find cousin marriage to be worse than gay marriage

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I find gay marriage to be worse than cousin marriage

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I have no issue with either.

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
I selected the third option because I don't believe it's my place to say what other people do. I would not be a party to either because I am not gay and the genetic issues resulting from first cousin marriage are enough of a deterrent for me.

Are we going to require genetic testing before marriage now and let the government eliminate any possibility of a genetic disease occuring by disallowing marriages where the possibility could arise? What would be next? I.Q. tests? beauty contests?

Let people choose their own paths.

I would not have sex with another guy 'cause I'm not gay.

I WOULD have sex with some of my ultra-hot female cousins 'cause -- well, just 'cause.

But that's me; my preferences really aren't the question. When the question is one of morality, I see nothing wrong with either one. Genetic issues between cousins are not severe enough to worry about unless that level of inbreeding happens consistently generation after generation, and then the problem is a restricted gene pool, similar to the difficulties of purebred dogs or horses.

Other than that, it comes down to free choice and love among consenting adults, and it is the condemnation of such things, not the practice of them, that is morally wrong as I see it.

I would not have sex with another guy 'cause I'm not gay.

I WOULD have sex with some of my ultra-hot female cousins 'cause -- well, just 'cause.

But that's me; my preferences really aren't the question. When the question is one of morality, I see nothing wrong with either one. Genetic issues between cousins are not severe enough to worry about unless that level of inbreeding happens consistently generation after generation, and then the problem is a restricted gene pool, similar to the difficulties of purebred dogs or horses.

Other than that, it comes down to free choice and love among consenting adults, and it is the condemnation of such things, not the practice of them, that is morally wrong as I see it.

why do you have to breed? ever hear of a condom?

Forum List

Back