What’s Islam Got to Do With It?

Anyone like to dispute that argument? Or is it just about shouting insults from the sidelines now?

I'm thinking I'll hang out on the sidelines shouting insults.... "JERK"

Disclaimer: Comedic Post Only.

You've got me at a disadvantage - after all it's more fun to do the yelling :D

Ha ha! Your ancestors are convicts!!!

Disclaimer: Comedic Post Only. The above should not be assumed to mean that California Girl really believes that Australians are descended from convicts. In fact, she is of the opinion that those original Australians were smart enough to get out of the UK AND get the UK government to pay their passage. Gotta admire that!

Would he have done it if he were not a Muslim? Probably not. Therefore, it has it's part in the tragedy. Having said that, was it the only factor? No.

So, Islam is not to blame but this dude's perverted view of Islam was a significant factor. Apart from that - he was a recent convert to cowardice.

Would Timothy McVeigh have done it if he wan't a Christian? Would Eric Robert Rudolph have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Scott Roeder have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Michael Griffin have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would James Kopp have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Terry Nichols and their white, married accomplices Michael and Lori Fortier , Theodore Kaczynski the Unabomber, Samuel Bowers, Michael Bray, Richard Grint Butler, Robert Edward Chambliss, and
David Lane have done it if they weren't Christian?

"...he was a recent convert to cowardice": How come your bogus ass isn't in Afghanistan?

Would he have done it if he were not a Muslim? Probably not. Therefore, it has it's part in the tragedy. Having said that, was it the only factor? No.

So, Islam is not to blame but this dude's perverted view of Islam was a significant factor. Apart from that - he was a recent convert to cowardice.

"...he was a recent convert to cowardice": How come your bogus ass isn't in Afghanistan?

Mind your own fucking business.

*Note: Multicolor posting always leads me to the conclusion that the poster is one of those who writes anonymous letters in crayon. Just sayin'.

Worse, one of the tenets of Islam is (apparently) that killing infidels is a good thing.

:eusa_think:

O you who believe, be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice; and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably. Be just; that is nearer to observance of duty. And keep your duty to Allah. Surely Allah is Aware of what you do. - 5:8​

One of the great things about being American is this clichéd notion of rugged individuality. We are not an old society like Europe or India, where your class and identity were established before your mother’s mother’s mother’s mother was born. This idea of personal responsibility and the self-made individual organizes the way we think about ourselves as Americans.

So this idea that blacks/gays/Latinos/insert religious persuasion must take responsibility for whatever evil other blacks/gays/Latinos/insert religious persuasion do is frankly un-American.

Anyone like to dispute that argument? Or is it just about shouting insults from the sidelines now?

I'm thinking I'll hang out on the sidelines shouting insults.... "JERK"

Disclaimer: Comedic Post Only.

To be interpreted as "I am too stupid to manage a coherent answer."

Worse, one of the tenets of Islam is (apparently) that killing infidels is a good thing.

O you who believe, be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice; and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably. Be just; that is nearer to observance of duty. And keep your duty to Allah. Surely Allah is Aware of what you do. - 5:8​
That's why I included the apparently in parentheses, to emphasize how much the terrorists distort perceptions of Islam.
Islam seeks to convert everyone, that is a tenet, and the violence used by terrorists, allegedly to accomplish that goal, creates a link in the minds of those who are not Islamic.
If I'm not being clear, I can restate:
Terrorist Violence creates a link between Islam and mayhem in the minds of a lot of Americans. Peaceful worshipers of Islam should do everything in their power to restrain the terrorists because of the damage they do to the cause of Islam.

Would Timothy McVeigh have done it if he wan't a Christian? Would Eric Robert Rudolph have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Scott Roeder have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Michael Griffin have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would James Kopp have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Terry Nichols and their white, married accomplices Michael and Lori Fortier , Theodore Kaczynski the Unabomber, Samuel Bowers, Michael Bray, Richard Grint Butler, Robert Edward Chambliss, and David Lane have done it if they weren't Christian?

*Note: Multicolor posting always leads me to the conclusion that the poster is one of those who writes anonymous letters in crayon. Just sayin'.

Well, at least we know who is a coward, all yap, yap yap, an recliner soldier, shooting with a remote....

and as for bold and in colors, that is because some whiny rightie cried because their WHOLE, waaa waaa waaa, post wasn't included, so mod said to differentiate bold and/or highlite what point was being made, so do you get it now, armchair patriot, LOL.... so I have included MY whole post rather than whine to the mods and getting you in trouble, LOL....

That's why I included the apparently in parentheses, to emphasize how much the terrorists distort perceptions of Islam.
Islam seeks to convert everyone, that is a tenet, and the violence used by terrorists, allegedly to accomplish that goal, creates a link in the minds of those who are not Islamic.
Terrorist Violence creates a link between Islam and mayhem in the minds of a lot of Americans. Peaceful worshipers of Islam should do everything in their power to restrain the terrorists because of the damage they do to the cause of Islam.
I understand what you were saying. I was simply trying to make things clear. ;)

O you who believe, be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice; and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably. Be just; that is nearer to observance of duty. And keep your duty to Allah. Surely Allah is Aware of what you do. - 5:8

Are YOU responsible for all the heinous acts and sins committed by all those in Christian countries? Who were raised Christian? Who SAY they do this or that because "God Said?"

Would Timothy McVeigh have done it if he wan't a Christian? Would Eric Robert Rudolph have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Scott Roeder have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Michael Griffin have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would James Kopp have done it if he wasn't a Christian? Would Terry Nichols and their white, married accomplices Michael and Lori Fortier , Theodore Kaczynski the Unabomber, Samuel Bowers, Michael Bray, Richard Grint Butler, Robert Edward Chambliss, and David Lane have done it if they weren't Christian?

Well, at least we know who is a coward, all yap, yap yap, an recliner soldier, shooting with a remote....

and as for bold and in colors, that is because some whiny rightie cried because their WHOLE, waaa waaa waaa, post wasn't included, so mod said to differentiate bold and/or highlite what point was being made, so do you get it now, armchair patriot, LOL.... so I have included MY whole post rather than whine to the mods and getting you in trouble, LOL....

I think we can clearly see who is the stupid fucking idiot.

Unless you actually know a person's background, bandying words like 'coward' is just a fraction idiotic.... but have at it anyway, idiot.

People who use multiple colors in writing are often also whackjobs.

The shootings were not a tragedy. A tragedy is a school bus losing control while avoiding an accident and going off a cliff. It's hurricanes, mudslides, and other unpreventable acts.

This was a deliberate, cold blooded suicide attack, unfortunately the cops didn't fulfill their assigned roles and complete the suicide by cop part.

Are YOU responsible for all the heinous acts and sins committed by all those in Christian countries? Who were raised Christian? Who SAY they do this or that because "God Said?"
I'm not trying to convert the entire world to Christianity. Also, Christian violence against other Christians currently has a lot less religious overtones than Islamic violence against Christians and Jews. Finally, it does not matter what should be perceived by the masses, only what is perceived by them.
What the masses perceive is that they feel unsafe because of Islamic terrorists killing people in the name of religion. The masses then decide they want nothing to do with Islam, which works against the Islamic goal of converting everyone.

Be sure - Peacefully attempting to convert people is a laudable goal.
But violence works against that goal.

One of the great things about being American is this clichéd notion of rugged individuality. We are not an old society like Europe or India, where your class and identity were established before your mother’s mother’s mother’s mother was born. This idea of personal responsibility and the self-made individual organizes the way we think about ourselves as Americans.

So this idea that blacks/gays/Latinos/insert religious persuasion must take responsibility for whatever evil other blacks/gays/Latinos/insert religious persuasion do is frankly un-American.

If there was the 'blame all Muslims' from the majority of people or even posters here, the point would be good.

To ignore the Islam factor of a person that has repeatedly spoken out in favor of suicide bombers, then actually attempts suicide by cops while mowing down 13 unarmed people, while in rapture calling out his god to watch him is just nonsensical. It's not 'Muslims' that are the problem, it's the orthodox extremists that are the problem.

The shootings were not a tragedy. A tragedy is a school bus losing control while avoiding an accident and going off a cliff. It's hurricanes, mudslides, and other unpreventable acts.

This was a deliberate, cold blooded suicide attack, unfortunately the cops didn't fulfill their assigned roles and complete the suicide by cop part.

I lean towards defining it a tragedy because, I suspect, the the families - it was. I don't disagree with anything you say. But 9 11 was a tragedy - so was Ft Hood. Both at the hands of scumbags.... I sincerely hope we treat this one in an appropriate manner.

Forum List

Back