What’s inflammatory about "Machete"?

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
- Opening scene where pregnant mother trying to cross the border is killed by DeNiro and border vigilantes to ‘prevent another anchor baby’
- A phony campaign ad for DeNiro’s Senator McLaughlin depicts hundreds of crawling worms and cockroaches while decrying the “parasite” immigrant “terrorists” crossing the border.
- ‘The Network’ of Latinos was continually virtuous while the Freedom Force, a vigilante group cast with caricatures of hillbilly trash, neo-Nazi types and fat slobs, repeatedly use terms like “wetbacks,” “cucarachas,” “parasites,” “beaners” and more.
- Freedom Fighter vigilantes regularly go out on adventures to snipe at illegals near the border and film their exploits
- A Catholic priest played by Cheech Marin is crucified by the character “Booth” who slings racist insults while nailing him to the cross
- A scene in a hospital where it is declared that illegal immigrants are usually refused emergency care, but Machete is lucky that ‘The Network’ is there to help him this time. (In reality, the cost of health care for undocumented illegal immigrants, for both emergency care, births, public education and beyond is burdensome to every Southern border state, as well as in many other areas.)

In closing, Fox News writer James Pinkerton has written a news story about Machete titled “The Reconquista is Here.” Let’s just hope the Fox executives don’t pull the plug on this one.

I never watch political movies from hollywood. They give me indigestion and make it so I can't enjoy my popcorn.

Speaking of which..I think popcorn sounds good for breakfast this morning.

i saw this movie out of curiosity and it was probably the worst movie ive ever seen.

It makes a political statement by grossly exaggerating reality which is something that this "daily show" generation probably won't pick up on im afraid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back