What's in a name? Would a politician of any other stink so bad?

nomdeplume

Jun 18, 2008
Obama officially "opts out" of public financing.

How can anyone trust a thing the guy says when he promises the American public one thing, even penning his own signature to the pledge, and then abrogates it entirely shortly thereafter. As a proponent of public financing himself this act is not just that of a liar, but of a hypocrite. Doubly hypocritical for this is mister "I'm not washington politics as usual".

Lifetime dems won't mind being lied to, nor blatant hypocrisy, because that's politics as usual for a marxian party of the "noble lie" variety.

What will the non-dems have to say about it? Will the media make it a bigger issue? Since Obama is so much a tabula rasa candidate, his failings of honest dialogue need deep scrutiny for anyone even remotely considering voting for him. Or will the american public have to do the footwork themselves, seeing as the the media has not been just derelict, it is enganged in outright advocacy. One of the most egregious offenders is linked bellow, with its typical leftist slant and perversions of reality. But give them credit, they wrote a whole article without explicity mentioning "swift boating", the usual gimmick when propagandizing this election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/20/us/politics/20obamacnd.html?hp

Last edited:
Lifetime dems won't mind being lied to, nor blatant hypocrisy,

again, RICH following the presidency of George Dubya Bush.

PROPAGANDA, you say? I guess you can always take a rovian strategy and insist that christians who vote democrat wont get into heaven...

Last edited:
He probably (notice that I'm guessing here,okay?) signed onto the public financing before he thought he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Once it became apparent that he was going to have to run a longer national campaign, he thought better of it since he'd have been outspend by whoever the Rs put up against him.

The ONLY way this system has a chance of making any real difference to outcomes is if we eliminate private contributions entirely.

Of course if we do that, the Supreme Courtiers will tell us that money equals free speech again, so that's out.

Last edited:
yeah, it's not like he promised he'd find weapons of mass destruction

or catch osama bin laden.

Who is the pen named wingnut behind these posts with the idiotic avatar? I have a few guesses, but were they banned from USMB and now come back to spill their simpleminded nonsense again. After Bush no republican should do anything but hide under their bed in shame, that they appear, proves they have no sense of proportion.

again, RICH following the presidency of George Dubya Bush.

yeah, it's not like he promised he'd find weapons of mass destruction

or catch osama bin laden.

After Bush no republican should do anything but hide under their bed in shame, that they appear, proves they have no sense of proportion.

When you children are done fondling your red herrings, perhaps we could have a substantive discussion.

There's really not all that much to discuss regarding this issue , is there?

Obama originally planned on running a publically financed campaign.

He's gotten so damned much money that he's elected not to take that public financing.

Depending on how one feels about Obama, this is either a terrible thing or much ado about nothing.

There's really not all that much to discuss regarding this issue , is there?

Obama originally planned on running a publically financed campaign.

He's gotten so damned much money that he's elected not to take that public financing.

Depending on how one feels about Obama, this is either a terrible thing or much ado about nothing.

So, money is more important than his word? If so, how can anyone trust anything he has to say? That's the "issue": honesty, something which Obama seems to have little of.

Even you say "he is getting tons of cash now", but according to him, he's backed out because the "system is broken".

He can't even be honest with his dishonesty.

When you children are done fondling your red herrings, perhaps we could have a substantive discussion.

oh you mean you'd rather not take a gander at how your voting record put us where we are today?

gosh.. THATS a shocker.

hey, maybe you can show me what substantive means with another thread trying to swiftboat Obama.. Transparent desperation is in vogue this year, apparently.

oh you mean you'd rather not take a gander at how your voting record put us where we are today?

gosh.. THATS a shocker.

hey, maybe you can show me what substantive means with another thread trying to swiftboat Obama.. Transparent desperation is in vogue this year, apparently.

What does any of this have to do with my post? The only thing transparent is you and your low IQ pals, including Odumba, attempts to derail the thread discussion or avoid any kind of substantive debate.

poor guy. The rest of the year will only get better for you.

Forum List

Back