What's Healthier? Daily Multi-vitamin Or Fresh Produce?

Why not have a combination of both? Just read the ingredients label on the supplements. Try for all natural instead of things loaded with preservatives, dyes, and other chemicals.

best book you will ever buy about healthy living (besides the Bible).

How to Eat Move and Be Healthy Your Personalized 4-Step Guide to Looking and Feeling Great from the Inside Out Paul Chek 9781583870068 Books - Amazon.ca

a review from a personal trainer;

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life, Dec 6 2005
By
Kevin Manley (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Eat, Move, and Be Healthy!: Your Personalized 4-Step Guide to Looking and Feeling Great from the Inside Out (Paperback)
I've never really read a book that has changed my life so dramatically before- I'm a real cynic when it comes to exercise/diet books. But this book has so much good information after you read it it becomes hard to look at food, sleep and exercise the same way again. After reading the book and applying some of the stuff inside I've lost weight, increased muscle mass and all that stuff but the big thing is that I've never felt better in my life. And I'm a personal trainer who has been eating 'right' and working out properly for a long time- or so I thought. This is a must have for anyone looking to get healthier, look better, reduce stress or just enjoy life more.

My Mom chides me for not eating produce and relying on vitamins and supplements. I haven't had a cold or flu in half a dozen years, and that was a flu caught from my sister-in-law who was at university at the time (and around a lot of people in confined areas.) By comparison, my Mom can't seem to go a month without getting sick of something being into fresh fruits and veggies.

Plus, everytime I consider hitting the produce section shopping I remember the thing about the latest produce recall due to contamination of e.coli or recently, scorpions. :) Never heard about a multivitamin getting recalled. Hear about produce recalls all the time (when not warning about scorpions crawling into a shipment.) :)

Vitamins and minerals are absorbed much more efficiently by the body in their natural forms. You don't need as many of them if you get them from your food rather than from popping pills. I have never taken vitamins and I rarely get sick.

New Topics

Forum List

Back