What's Happening to Our Constitution?

Bill of Attainder?

If congress passes a Law (Bill) to, by taxation, confiscate from AIG or its employees that money paid out in bonuses, wouldn’t that amount to a “Bill of Attainder”, and/or Ex Post Facto Legislation? And that’s in addition to nullifying a pre-existing contractual agreement between willing parties. It certainly seems all of these things would be in violation of the Constitution, but it won’t be the first time for that.

All this has no higher purpose than to distract us from what else they (congress) and this Administration are doing, because they are fearful of a huge public outcry on April 15th. That is a day we all know well and no one need more prompting for a better date for a huge public outcry about what’s been going on lately.

People are justly angry that the peope who created this fiasco are being rewarded with their money. And there may be nothing at all under the law that we can do about it. However, it does make a very good case for higher taxes on the wealthy.

People are justly angry that the peope who created this fiasco are being rewarded with their money. And there may be nothing at all under the law that we can do about it. However, it does make a very good case for higher taxes on the wealthy.

Jesus christ ..........:cuckoo:

It will have been shredded. Can you say Marxism? Yep! I bet you can.

It has already been shredded. Can you say PNAC, Bush, and Fascism?

No, but I can say Marxism! Just fine.. yer little faux outrage over 165 million dollars does not pass the smell test, Geithner and Dodd made way for the AIG bailout and put in protective clauses for the bonus money now feign outrage to cover up the fact they sent 62 billion dollars to Europe..

Last edited:
Bill of Attainder?

If congress passes a Law (Bill) to, by taxation, confiscate from AIG or its employees that money paid out in bonuses, wouldn’t that amount to a “Bill of Attainder”, and/or Ex Post Facto Legislation? And that’s in addition to nullifying a pre-existing contractual agreement between willing parties. It certainly seems all of these things would be in violation of the Constitution, but it won’t be the first time for that.

All this has no higher purpose than to distract us from what else they (congress) and this Administration are doing, because they are fearful of a huge public outcry on April 15th. That is a day we all know well and no one need more prompting for a better date for a huge public outcry about what’s been going on lately.

Do you seriously think there will be a public outcry if AIG executives get smacked? I don't.

Bill of Attainder?

Do you seriously think there will be a public outcry if AIG executives get smacked? I don't.

we don't expect democrats to be outraged when democrats vote to revoke the constitution! we sure as hell don't

I just gotta say it.. This democrat regime is the biggest cluster fuck I have ever witnessed.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Bill of Attainder?

I'd like to piggy-back a question sort of related to the Constitutuon.

President Obama took the Bar in Illinois, and on line two "Have you ever been know by any other name" wrote "None."

Since he was know as Barry Soetoro,

"When Barack and his mother lived in Indonesia, with Oil exec Lolo, he went by the name Barry Soetoro.."

BARACK OBAMA, FORMERLY KNOWN AS BARRY SOETORO « Chicagoans Against Obama

... is this considered a minor infraction, or is it a serious lack of disclosure? Any Lawyers, please.

Bill of Attainder?

Please show me what article of our constitution specifically deals with contractual agreements.

Thank you.

Bill of Attainder?

President Obama took the Bar in Illinois, and on line two "Have you ever been know by any other name" wrote "None."

"When Barack and his mother lived in Indonesia, with Oil exec Lolo, he went by the name Barry Soetoro.."

... is this considered a minor infraction, or is it a serious lack of disclosure? Any Lawyers, please.

You connies just won't drop it, will you? He's the fucking POTUS. You don't like it - go move to Canada or Mexico. I'm sick and tired of seeing this bullshit.

Bill of Attainder?

You connies just won't drop it, will you? He's the fucking POTUS. You don't like it - go move to Canada or Mexico. I'm sick and tired of seeing this bullshit.

Then don't look David.. Don't look,, easy smeasy!

Bill of Attainder?

I actually asked the question for informational purposes, but it is stunningly indicative of the frailty of your champion that you cannot abide some presumed criticism.

Again, the question was for someone with expertise in the area, and that clearly eliminates you.

But, should I need information about coprophagy, you can be sure I'll look you up in my Rolodex.

Bill of Attainder?

It's a much larger question than that Ravi. We should all be concerned. What is the big picture in all this? If a legal activity can be made illegal after the fact, if legislation can be focused on one person, entity, or a specific group of citizens, if contractual law which is the entire basis of our constitution can be abrogated in a fit of pique, then any and all of us are in jeopardy.

Our Constitution is in effect our supreme social contract. If it can be ignored for no higher purpose than to deflect the public’s attention away from the mistakes of those same politicians who committed the error they complain about, then we have sunk to level of bread and circuses.

We can only hope that a large enough part of the population will see this for what it really is, and cause some really tough question to be asked. What is really going on here, and where are we going with all this? Is this really all worth it? Why is there all this chaos when the politicians tell us they know what they are doing? Is all this sudden chaos with the Obama Administration and Congress all just from innocent unintended consequences, or is it possible they just don’t know what they are doing? What can we expect next?

Last edited:
Bill of Attainder?

SO let me get this right.... You are OUTRAGED that California would define marriage as between a man and a woman and claim it violates the Constitution and that the will of the people does not matter. BUT now you claim the will of the people should allow for Unconstitutional actions, that YOU happen to agree with.... Do I have that about right?

Bill of Attainder?

It's time to grab the sides of the boat and start rocking it....

Nationwide Tax Day Tea Party :: April 15th, 2009

Revolution is brewing.

Knowing what kind of bonuses these CEO's had received in the past, we should have conditioned the bail out money on their giving up those bonuses. It's a crime that these assholes are begging for billions with one hand and putting millions of taxpayer dollars into their own pockets with the other.

Forum List

Back