What's Happening in Real Estate?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I'm having trouble getting my head around all the seemingly contradictory claims

Home Equity Loans increasing

Salability of houses is going down.

In most states real estate taxes have gone up and are likely to go up further in 10 months or less.

That sound like a mini-meltdown coming right at us

Why no threads about such a problem?

2nd homes seem to be booming here or new buyers in the area due to leaving cities....suddenly everyone wants to live in fly over country...a lot of people are saying its a buyers market right now...i dont see that in this area...western nc

I'm on record as predicting that NY, IL or CA will be in some form of default by the time of the conventions.

I'm having trouble getting my head around all the seemingly contradictory claims

In most states real estate taxes have gone up and are likely to go up further in 10 months or less.

That is not the case in Alabama, I own three homes and keep turning down offers. One is on a 4 lane hwy and is list as Res and Comm. The other is a rental. One is the house we are going to move back in to after it is remodeled. Home prices are not moving up because all the damm Yankees are moving South to get out of the Liberal States, and they keep wanting to make the state a liberal State just like they left. Please don't move here.

That is not the case in Alabama, I own three homes and keep turning down offers. One is on a 4 lane hwy and is list as Res and Comm. The other is a rental. One is the house we are going to move back in to after it is remodeled. Home prices are not moving up because all the damm Yankees are moving South to get out of the Liberal States, and they keep wanting to make the state a liberal State just like they left. Please don't move here.
anywhere close to Lake Martin and auburn?

This isn't happening in my area. It's a seller's market here.

I sold my house in February and kept getting calls from realtors and buyers while the sale was pending and weeks after the house was sold. I even had people coming by asking walk through the house while the sale was pending.

Even when the real estate market collapsed in the bush boy years, we weren't hit as bad here and even still had bidding wars in some parts of Seattle.

Yes, a "seller's market" that conveniently leaves out the class-difference pathology of housing unaffordability, lack of middle class, drug trafficking, institutionalized misery and resentment, eviction and squalor.

I can't find any evidence that real estate taxes are spiking anywhere. It's interesting to note that red state real estate taxes are lower than blue states by 24% to 28%. Neither is there any evidence about "home equity loans" spiking or the "salability of houses". Is this a fantasy post?

Forum List

Back