What's happened to the way we elect our president ??

BBurr

Rookie
Feb 6, 2012
What's happened to the way we elect our president and our public officials in general. I've served 22 faithful years in the military and I am American in mind, body and soul. It just doesn't seem right that the person with the most money or corporate backing is who we have to settle for (no offense to Mr. Romney what so ever). If someone really believes they have the drive, desire and country over self attitude, then they should run there campaign at the same monitary level as everyone else and win on their merits and with the american peoples belief that this person will get America back on track with the help of a congress that is once again part of a "government of the people, by the people, for the people", "dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal". There has always been people that are better off than others and there is nothing wrong with that. When possible, we should help our neighbors as they would help us when in need. We need a president and elected officials that listen to the people, not just through a system of voting, but truely listen. Even the simplest of people have great things to say. An idea not heard is an opportunity missed. I just believe that if we get back to basics and elect for the right reasons, we'll be better off. One other thing - if you have to talk bad against your opponant or lie, are you really the best choice? Lets take a close look before we make our choices.

Actually, nothing has happened.

The Republicans are a bit more fortunate due to the numerous debates that tend to cancel the money issue. In 2008, the leading Democrats, flushed with money, 'decided' to eliminate Kucinch and the 'lower polled' candidates for simpler debates.

What does this mean? Republicans voters have more time to change their minds while Democrat are herded into a quick decision shaped by funding. That is what it means!

Forum List

Back