*What's Good About Being An Atheist?*

Sorry bout that,

*Christian*

1. Would you atheists claim that you have faith in the belief of nothing?

You fail to understand that we just do not believe in a supreme being watching over all of us and for me I do not believe in an afterlife. Not the same thing as you are saying.
Except that I do believe that after I die I will not exist in any fashion as an entity. So yes in that respect I believe in nothingness.

I have never seen any proof of god or an afterlife, therefore I do not believe in either.
And I do KNOW that religion is messed up as a can of worms and wrong in so many ways.

1. So you are against the Christian God, and his power to see you when you think your unseen?
2. And in order to secure this belief, you would rather believe in *nothingness*?
3. The Christian God isn't to be feared, be calm have peace about God, he loves everyone.
4. But he does not have to beg you, you have to start the process, usually its with *wonder if there is*?
5. But it sounds like you're sure, so you will always be left behind.
6. Proof is in the pudding.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That save this thread from it's outcome thing confused me a bit too.

so enough time wasting on this thread Brent.

Sorry bout that,

*Christian*

Religion cheapens the only certain life we have.

Why fear death?
We all will die.

Most of the christians I know fear death far more than I do and will hand on far beyond what I consider to be a reasonable life.
Why do they do this? They do not believe their own rhetoric about heaven and such?

1. Not a chance, Religion is what makes life worth living.
2. Otherwise we would all be cannibals, eating out each others brains on crackers.
3. Why is death something to welcome for the atheist, seeing they go into *nothingness*, is that what you want, or is that all you really think thats there after death?
4. Truth be told, you have to decide on your own to refuse God, or not, well unless God for his own reason finds a purpose for you, even in your ignorance, and calls you out, like God did to me.
5. Its really hard to explain God, because God is far above us, its like we are a grass hopper in a jelly jar, if you compared him to something we can draw a parallel from, in this reality.
6. I wonder if God has favorites, perhaps he does, I don't know why he wouldn't?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Well thats not really fair Jill ol gal now is it?:confused:
2. We have here all sorts of discussions about the, *Christian Faith*, and I always see attacks from atheists about my faith, be it my thread or some one else's.
3. So why not we pull the lid back on atheism, you know pop the top, open the hood, and take a peek inside the gooey center?
4. Analyze it, learn to understand the wheres, whats, and whys, you know see what makes it tick.
5. You fear something?:eek:
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I would say the same thing in the purported discussion about christianity , which is that I don't care what other people believe as long as they're not hurting anyone else

Fear? Of what? If I were an atheist, I certainly wouldn't "fear" christophiles who feel like proselytizing. As it is, I have my own beliefs and I think yours are nutty

1. So we have a winner now, my *First *CWN*Attacker* in this thread?
2. Jill, jill, no ones making you come to my threads.
3. I didn't send you an invite to come on in did I?
4. You don't have to reply to this thread, no one is making you too are they?
5. Just read it and don't reply, I don't think you really have an idea as to what this threads even about, so step off will you?:evil:
6. I know you, and I get dings all the time from you on my rep, I really don't care, and I don't even care to respond to you, you are just wasting my time really, but seeing you can't hold your peace I will respond back to you, and I fear no one here, and am willing to talk about my faith too, which I do a lot.
7. So are you or are you not an atheist?
8. And if you are indeed not an atheist why are you defending atheism or at least it seems you support atheists more than Christians?
9. Some would think thats a bit, *Judist*?
10 Would you be able to see that, if you were?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

if you don't like being made to look like the nutbar you are, jimbo, feel free not to post.

beyond that, i'll post where i choose. and if my posts make you cranky, i suspect that's a good thing.

but we aren't going to debate since you make up things about what you pretend other people are saying.

have they tried giving you lithium? i hear it helps people like you.

Sorry bout that,

*Christian*

Religion cheapens the only certain life we have.

Why fear death?
We all will die.

Most of the christians I know fear death far more than I do and will hand on far beyond what I consider to be a reasonable life.
Why do they do this? They do not believe their own rhetoric about heaven and such?

1. Not a chance, Religion is what makes life worth living.
2. Otherwise we would all be cannibals, eating out each others brains on crackers.
3. Why is death something to welcome for the atheist, seeing they go into *nothingness*, is that what you want, or is that all you really think thats there after death?
4. Truth be told, you have to decide on your own to refuse God, or not, well unless God for his own reason finds a purpose for you, even in your ignorance, and calls you out, like God did to me.
5. Its really hard to explain God, because God is far above us, its like we are a grass hopper in a jelly jar, if you compared him to something we can draw a parallel from, in this reality.
6. I wonder if God has favorites, perhaps he does, I don't know why he wouldn't?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So all non christians are cannibals?

Ok that is it for attempting to discuss this on a rational level with you.
Bye.

don't employ yourself in discussions with fucking freaks. Terral and cwn should just sit in a dark closet and pretend theyre watching t.v.

I don't who started the rumor that Christians are less likely to commit murder, rape and pillaging. There is even a place in their "Holy Scripture" that instructs them to do it. They hold in awe not one, but two "Gods" : Their "JHWE" and their "Satan", and if you refuse to worship the one, they insult you by accusing you of worshipping their other. Who can respect such idiots ? ? ?

Western Civilization is based on Western Science, not Christianity, nor any other "faith".

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

*Christian*

1. In what I'm hearing it basically atheists want to be free of God.
2. Free to not get up on Sundays, free to shag strange women/men.
3. Freedom to think freely.
4. No limits, no judging, no worries of anything.
5. And expect no reward, and take no risk.
6. Being safely within their closet, in darkness, and heading to darkness, and nothingness.
7. I think I shall pass.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

*Christian*

1. In what I'm hearing it basically atheists want to be free of God.

To want to be free from god implies that one must first believe there is a god. Atheists by definition do not believe there is a god. It would be more accurate to say that you want to be constrained by a god and will believe there is a god so as to be able to cope.

2. Free to not get up on Sundays, free to shag strange women/men.

I get up every day in fact I get up very early everyday so I can enjoy every minute of every day. And people being intimate has nothing to do with the man in the sky and everything to do with biology. Many atheists are in committed monogamous relationships.

3. Freedom to think freely.

Yes and what's your problem with thinking freely? You would rather be told what to think by the man in the sky; to me that is the real problem.
4. No limits, no judging, no worries of anything.

There is plenty to worry about whether or not you believe in the man in the sky. And I do not judge people. In fact some of the most judgmental people I have ever met are religious sorts like you.
5. And expect no reward, and take no risk.

Not expecting an eternal reward for living a good life is the very definition of humility. It is you who expect paradise in the sky for your deeds that are acting with ulterior motives.

And there is risk in everything.
6. Being safely within their closet, in darkness, and heading to darkness, and nothingness.

I live in the sunshine. I do not fear the darkness.
7. I think I shall pass.

We already know you don't believe in free thinking so of course you'd rather be a sheep.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

*Christian*.

1. I know this is a tough subject for you, and all these attacks on me over taking a look at this is doing more damage to those attacking me, than to me.
2. And I also know the bare facts of atheism are so depressing, most people don't want to or can't face the facts of the basic tenants of atheism.
3. Skull seems to understand the most about atheism, and I say thanks to him for sharing, but no thanks, for myself.
4. All I can say to you is I feel for you, but we all have to decide, you have made your decision, and no one not even God himself, will stand in your way.
5. So why would I?
6. Gods hearts desire is that none of you reading this should be lost.
7. But unfortunately some will be, you don't have to be, but, it will happen to some.
8. *Why You*, I couldn't tell you why, maybe it just is, and what is, is going to happen to you, why was Judas who he was, God only knows for sure I suppose, I could extrapolate, but thats another topic.
9. I can't answer that, and the other posts after my *rule*, I won't bother to try and answer either, I guess you will have to sort it out on your own, maybe Skull can explain it to you so you are good with it, I don't know, but it is what it is.
10. I wish all you atheist would turn from this un-needed permanent destruction, and I pray for you all, everyone, know this, I mean this, from the bottom of my heart.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
yep one does not have to have god to be a good person.
That is one of the fallacies of religion.
I am a much better humanitarian than many christians I know.

however I know some real Christians that are fine folks. And I have great respect for them.
yep one does not have to have god to be a good person
What if it is built in to one's Nature? What if it is part of your design?

Many do have a need to an authoritarin figure. Why most religious people also embrace authoritarian figures in their religion and government.

some of us need no authoritarian figures nor heroes.
Religion and governments thru the centuries have promoted these types of people and discouraged/killed the independent ones. This has caused the ones who embrace religion/authoritarianism to prosper and multiply.
So yes a genetic evoloution/selection process going on for thousands of years produces more who subscribeto or need the authoritarian way of life.

* Agnostic *
* Unitarian Universalist *
* Church of Spiritual Humanism * (Ordained Clergy Person)

For me, the cultural standard in one's community is the most influential in the definition of good behavior. If one decides to hand over their life to a more restrictive standard, that is their decision. Pity some of those think their any thing less than their higher calling is "bad" as best. But that is for another post.

Sorry bout that,

1. This will indeed be a short thread.
2. If you are an atheist, will you be brave enough to post what the benefits are for being an atheist?
3. Are there any benefits?
4. Will this thread end before it begins?
5. Will you be able to turn this into a *Attack Thread On CWN*?
6. Is the only benefit about being an atheist, is you get to skate on *all* moral issues?
7. This may be the first and last post in this thread, so, *CHECKMATE*!
8. What keeps an atheist alive, and how does their lack of belief benefit themselves or anyone within their circle of life?
9. Do you feel like a mind numb robot?
10. Do you ask questions out loud why you don't get God?
11. No link provided: Go!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

* Agnostic *
* Unitarian Universalist *
* Church of Spiritual Humanism * (Ordained Clergy Person)
6. Is the only benefit about being an atheist, is you get to skate on *all* moral issues?
The belief in "God" and whatever aspects attributed to (Him/Her/It) or whatever activities is commanded or condemned is not the only standard of "moral" or "good" behavior. There are also cultural issues, the community where you live that determines whether a conduct is acceptable. Just because one doubts that there is a deity of some kind doesn't automatically make every act OK.

There are laws that are not in the bible.

8. What keeps an atheist alive, and how does their lack of belief benefit themselves or anyone within their circle of life?
Good health keeps everyone alive. When it fails, you die, god or no god.

A benefit to a lack of belief? I can't think of any, and I can't think of a benefit to having a belief. I can only see stress when one fights, argues, or threatens another person based on different beliefs, or non-beliefs.

Sorry bout that,

1. This will indeed be a short thread.
2. If you are an atheist, will you be brave enough to post what the benefits are for being an atheist?
3. Are there any benefits?
4. Will this thread end before it begins?
5. Will you be able to turn this into a *Attack Thread On CWN*?
7. This may be the first and last post in this thread, so, *CHECKMATE*!
9. Do you feel like a mind numb robot?
10. Do you ask questions out loud why you don't get God?
11. No link provided: Go!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Um...they're not like you?

Sorry bout that,

*Christian*

***IN CLOSING***

1. I see no real benefits to being an atheist.
2. I view it as *Pre Creation* when there was *Nothing*, but was there a time when there was really *nothing*, no, God always was, its as if the atheist want to go back to the beginning of time, before creation.
3. Back when they were *not*, and everything we see was not.
4. Which is like pouring out a coke in the dirt and wishing it back into the bottle.
5. Impossible.
6. *CHECKMATE*!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
I aggressively fight for the right of Americans to worship as they see fit – although I personally believe it’s a bunch of hooey.

1. Okay new rules in posting in this thread, and its all because of Jillian, you can thank her for this.
2. Anyone who posts in it, I will have to require you put at the top of your post, *Atheist*, so I will know what you believe in or lack thereof, to be , and will understand what view to expect from your postings.

The issue actually is either the poster’s inability to express himself clearly or your inability to comprehend.

Forum List

Back