What's for dinner tonight?

Last night I made chicken cacciatore. Chicken, fresh mushrooms, red, green, & yellow bell pepper strips, & sliced onion sautéed in some butter & evoo, then cooked in three cheese tomato sauce- served over gemelli pasta & shredded parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

oh LORDY, it was good. :D

Last night I made chicken cacciatore. Chicken, fresh mushrooms, red, green, & yellow bell pepper strips, & sliced onion sautéed in some butter & evoo, then cooked in three cheese tomato sauce- served over gemelli pasta & shredded parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

oh LORDY, it was good. :D

OMG, that makes me so hungry. I LOVE Italian!!!
very-hungry.gif

Dinner tonight will be chicken thighs with apples, onions and white cheddar polenta

Ingredients

• 8 slices smoked bacon
  • 1 tablespoon EVOO
  • 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • Salt and pepper
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 liberty, braeburn or other crisp apples, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, halved and sliced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
  • 7 - 8 sage leaves, thinly sliced
  • Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
  • 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO, a turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate
  3. Add the butter to the skillet to melt. Add the apples, onion, thyme and sage. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook until the apples are crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in about 1/2 cup chicken stock, the apple cider and apple juice. Add the chicken, coat with the sauce, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the remaining 2 cups stock and the milk to a boil. Whisk in the polenta and cook, whisking constantly, until thick, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the cheese until melted. Serve on rimmed plates and top with the chicken, apples, onion and crisscrossed slices of bacon.

mmmmmm.... homemade mac & cheese.....

I made this last night

cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and bacon.

YUMMY

Had to get up and swim a mile on top of my 5 mile run to pay for it though

Ya, I make it with white sharp & yellow sharp cheddar... bacon sounds good, never thought to add that. Sometimes I'll throw in some green bell pepper when I'm doing the butter/flour part so it'll soften up a little before the rest of the ingredients & baking. I usually make it the wintertime because it's a heavy meal... but I had a hunkerin' for it & it's a 'comfort' food for me.

mmmmmm.... homemade mac & cheese.....

I made this last night

cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and bacon.

YUMMY

Had to get up and swim a mile on top of my 5 mile run to pay for it though

Ya, I make it with white sharp & yellow sharp cheddar... bacon sounds good, never thought to add that. Sometimes I'll throw in some green bell pepper when I'm doing the butter/flour part so it'll soften up a little before the rest of the ingredients & baking. I usually make it the wintertime because it's a heavy meal... but I had a hunkerin' for it & it's a 'comfort' food for me.

My kids LOVE it with tuna in it to. I mean LOVE it , the older boys when they come home to visit that's one of their requests.

Just yellow cheddar with tuna though.

Last night was a homemade vegetable soup with carrot, celery, onion sautéed in evoo, & then added in fresh zucchini, diced red bell pepper, & a can of drained/rinsed cannellini beans.. in a chicken broth/tomato sauce base simmered on on low for 30minutes & finished with some added (cooked already )ditalini pasta. The only seasoning is a 1/8 teas ground thyme.

& a few slices of crusty Italian bread on the side completed the meal.

I'm having breaded chicken tenders with homemade rice-a-roni and mashed yellow turnip. I love turnip mashed with butter in it. A tip . . . when cooking turnip add some sugar to the water. :)

I made chili last night. I had some leftover corn, so I threw that in, along with some red peppers. I hate beans!!! :cheeky-smiley-018: So no beans. I also had some leftover corn bread and it was really good. I'll probably end up having leftover chili tonight. :p

tonight shall be breaded chicken breasts, I like the bird's eye steamed brown & wild rice so that's on the side & steamed broccoli too. it's cold, raw & a good night to use the oven.

Slow-roasted shoulder of lamb impregnated with garlic and covered in sea salt and olive oil, hand-cut chips and chunky, roasted vegetables (onions, peppers, celery and carrots). All washed down with a glass of deep, punchy Chilean red (Casillero del Diablo).

honey glazed rotisserie chicken from the store,steamed brown & wild rice, & steamed carrots is on the menu for tonight.

Forum List

Back