What's crazier

Romans 1:22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools…

The proof that the bible is real and true is that the bible says it is real and true.

God is real and true because the bible says god is real and true.

Believe whatever you wish but quoting the bible means nothing.

It's a tautology. It is what it is because it is what it is.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
View attachment 127122
temple_workers_sign_of_nail.jpg

:uhoh3:

Believing that the entire universe popped up from the hand of some super being followed by the creation of the stars, rocky planets and then animals within 7 days. This pretty much goes against everything we know in geology, astronomy and physics. You could list the areas/subjects out for 4,000 words and you couldn't probably fit how fucking mindblowing the shit the bible has you believe to make this so requires...One has to stop thinking and considering the world that he see's with his or her eyes in order to believe in the holy bible.

Pretty much you have to throw out all of known physics, chemistry, geology and astronomy to believe in This god.

I have to ask where did God come from? Physics of course explains the universe and how stars, planets and later on life came to be but if you wish to believe in god...Well, that is a mindblower. We're talking about a super being that one could say is the universe with all ability to see, know and consider what lays within it..If we believe it popped up with the Universe then its vast abilities had to be created somewhere else or in some way! Or maybe such floated around on its little rock within the void for a trillion years and slowly developed into the super being that finally wished to create us all. Now,,,,with this in mind, how did it get created is still unanswered.

Certainly the big bang and later on evolution could be thrown into the same mind fuck but I consider it somewhat easier in magnitude to wrap ones mind around. The weaknesses right off the bat to Consider the reality that 1. The being(God) didn't have to be created or take the time to discover what ever the hell it was he discovered, and 2. didn't break every law of physics, chemistry, Astronomy and geology as he was doing so.

Evolution and physics is superior as it explains the universe for the past 13 billion years very well...Does it have the same problem before the big bang? Yes...How and where did the energy come from is its main weakness? Could God have touched off the big bang with a design for us all? Sure,,,But that would be vastly different then the holy bible that is pure fiction if we wish to believe our own eyes.

I'll stick with science and not touch a book that is vastly more crazy then anything else I could imagine.....
To understand the big bang you have to understand the fact that "time" is a human thing, in the Bible if you look the story explains it very well. It is about a bird that sharpens its beck every year at the top of a mountain and returns every year to repeat the processes. When the mountain is level with the earth and none remains that is one min, in the time of God. So are days are 24 hours, Gods are much longer......Think about it.

Believing that the entire universe popped up from the hand of some super being followed by the creation of the stars, rocky planets and then animals within 7 days. This pretty much goes against everything we know in geology, astronomy and physics. You could list the areas/subjects out for 4,000 words and you couldn't probably fit how fucking mindblowing the shit the bible has you believe to make this so requires...One has to stop thinking and considering the world that he see's with his or her eyes in order to believe in the holy bible.

Pretty much you have to throw out all of known physics, chemistry, geology and astronomy to believe in This god.

I have to ask where did God come from? Physics of course explains the universe and how stars, planets and later on life came to be but if you wish to believe in god...Well, that is a mindblower. We're talking about a super being that one could say is the universe with all ability to see, know and consider what lays within it..If we believe it popped up with the Universe then its vast abilities had to be created somewhere else or in some way! Or maybe such floated around on its little rock within the void for a trillion years and slowly developed into the super being that finally wished to create us all. Now,,,,with this in mind, how did it get created is still unanswered.

Certainly the big bang and later on evolution could be thrown into the same mind fuck but I consider it somewhat easier in magnitude to wrap ones mind around. The weaknesses right off the bat to Consider the reality that 1. The being(God) didn't have to be created or take the time to discover what ever the hell it was he discovered, and 2. didn't break every law of physics, chemistry, Astronomy and geology as he was doing so.

Evolution and physics is superior as it explains the universe for the past 13 billion years very well...Does it have the same problem before the big bang? Yes...How and where did the energy come from is its main weakness? Could God have touched off the big bang with a design for us all? Sure,,,But that would be vastly different then the holy bible that is pure fiction if we wish to believe our own eyes.

I'll stick with science and not touch a book that is vastly more crazy then anything else I could imagine.....
To understand the big bang you have to understand the fact that "time" is a human thing, in the Bible if you look the story explains it very well. It is about a bird that sharpens its beck every year at the top of a mountain and returns every year to repeat the processes. When the mountain is level with the earth and none remains that is one min, in the time of God. So are days are 24 hours, Gods are much longer......Think about it.

I recall reading that analogy in Will and Ariel Durant's book.

Thanks for that reminder, Danny

Meh. A fundy 's a fundy. I wouldn't hazard a guess as to which stripe of fundy is "crazier", the theist or the anti-theist.

I will say this: in my experiences with individuals from both camps, many theists and anti-theists alike have held to the common illogical precept that there must have been a 'beginning' to the universe in the first place, thereby dismissing out of hand an entire category - namely that of all cyclical models of an eternally-existent universe - which, BTW, happens to be the only category that circumvents the Ex nihilo nihil fit problem from the giddyup.

But to each his or her own, I guess. :dunno:
2nd Law of Thermo precludes an infinite acting universe. You'd have better luck with multi verses and inflation model. This universe had a beginning. Everything points to it.

Everything points to the laws of nature being in place before space and time were created. Laws which determined what was possible to exist and what was not possible to exist. Laws which controlled the evolution of matter since the beginning of time until today. Laws which ultimately produced intelligence from the matter that was created when space and time were created. A phenomenon whose potential existed before space and time itself. Now given that laws are a product of intelligence and that intelligence is the product of the evolution of matter, is it that hard to grasp the possibility that intelligence has always existed and will always exist. And rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of matter and life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

Believing that the entire universe popped up from the hand of some super being followed by the creation of the stars, rocky planets and then animals within 7 days.

Where does it say that? Not in the Bible.

You're letting your bias get in the way of understanding.

1) you repeatedly demonstrate you don't understand science

2) reading the Bible, as well as scriptures from other faith traditions allows you to understand those traditions. Its a good idea to understand books before trying to poi t out what's wrong with what you dont understand.

3) why is understanding others such a bad thing? I studied the Koran and Islam a while in college. I don't believe a word but it does help me understand where they are coming from. Ive studied mindfulness in Buddhism. Some tracing from Baha'i. It seems to me that more knowledge is always better than none.

Forum List

Back