What's behind the party of NO?

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
kNOw-nothingism

Republicans, once hailed as the “party of ideas,” have become the party of stupid.

Now, I don’t mean that G.O.P. politicians are, on average, any dumber than their Democratic counterparts. And I certainly don’t mean to question the often frightening smarts of Republican political operatives.

What I mean, instead, is that know-nothingism — the insistence that there are simple, brute-force, instant-gratification answers to every problem, and that there’s something effeminate and weak about anyone who suggests otherwise — has become the core of Republican policy and political strategy. The party’s de facto slogan has become: “Real men don’t think things through.”

More...

Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
George W. Bush

We can always count on paul Krugman to give us an insight into the lunatic view.

Back in the real world, the Dems did exactly the same thing but with weaker kness when the shitstain GoPers ruled the roost.

Both parties are drinking from the same toxic trough of corporate bribes.

BOTH PARTIES.

Why on earth do you think the OBAMA and BUSH LLboth bailed out the banks full force, and have failed to do the same for the people?

Honestly, you partisans are damned fools.

You're well meaning, but your loyalty to these parties make you little more than tools for the cabals that are truly a menace to this democratic republic

LOL

Stimulus ain't stimulating, Pelosi promised to lower gas prices (back when it was $1.80/gallon) and now even Obama is running against hos first year, so what's a Dem to do?

Well, they could go Animal House and do a road trip, but let's blame Republicans, who presently have NO say in the government now anyway.

LOL

Yeah, take Krugman seriously.

LOL

BOTH PARTIES.

Why on earth do you think the OBAMA and BUSH LLboth bailed out the banks full force, and have failed to do the same for the people?

You're well meaning, but your loyalty to these parties make you little more than tools for the cabals that are truly a menace to this democratic republic

And one party is applauding the Supreme Court dumping billions of gallons of toxic poison into the trough?

Does anyone on the right ever contemplate the outcome of allowing out economy to collapse?

Does anyone on the right believe that health care costs that are eating up businesses and families will go down if we ignore it?

Really...simple minded people have simple minded answers...no, no, and....NO

BOTH PARTIES.

And one party is applauding the Supreme Court dumping billions of gallons of toxic poison into the trough?

Does anyone on the right ever contemplate the outcome of allowing out economy to collapse?

Does anyone on the right believe that health care costs that are eating up businesses and families will go down if we ignore it?

Having entitlement programs in the trillions and still underfunded by tens of trillions will collapse an economy.

Dems wanted total control and got it. And what do they do? Blame Republicans.

LOL

Yeah, the Party of NO guts, no courage, no willingness to take responsibility....ohhh, Republicans are so mean, mean mean poopyheads.

Last edited:

BOTH PARTIES.

The Rs weren't ignoring it, the Dems said NO to any ideas the Rs made. NO torte reform, NO opening insurance up across states lines, etc. The Rs were shut out because they didn't jump aboard the train.

I hope they start over on HC and that both sides listen to each other and they come up with real reforms that actually cut costs.

BOTH PARTIES.

The Rs weren't ignoring it, the Dems said NO to any ideas the Rs made. NO torte reform, NO opening insurance up across states lines, etc. The Rs were shut out because they didn't jump aboard the train.

I hope they start over on HC and that both sides listen to each other and they come up with real reforms that actually cut costs.

Couldnt' agree more. These guys need to scrap this train wreck of a bill and start from scratch. They could take it point by point and try for REAL reform. The cost is where they should start. Will they??? That remains to be seen.

As for the party of NO? Guess it all depends on how you look at it. This time I think the Reps were right with the NO. Especially on this clusterfuck of a healthcare bill. Not that they were asked for their input. The left wing loons wrote this one all by themselves. Gee guess it didn't fly with the folks.

kNOw-nothingism

Republicans, once hailed as the “party of ideas,” have become the party of stupid.

Now, I don’t mean that G.O.P. politicians are, on average, any dumber than their Democratic counterparts. And I certainly don’t mean to question the often frightening smarts of Republican political operatives.

What I mean, instead, is that know-nothingism — the insistence that there are simple, brute-force, instant-gratification answers to every problem, and that there’s something effeminate and weak about anyone who suggests otherwise — has become the core of Republican policy and political strategy. The party’s de facto slogan has become: “Real men don’t think things through.”

More...

Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
George W. Bush

and how ironic s0n???

The GOP could run Boob McNut in any campaign these days and decimate the opponent!! Why?? Because voting Americans now realize that the Dum Party has been hijacked by the k00k left!!!!:lol:

Generic Congressional Ballot
Generic Congressional Ballot: Republicans 46%, Democra37%ts
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Republican candidates again hold a nine-point lead over Democrats in the latest edition of the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The new national telephone survey shows that 46% would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate while 37% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent. Voter support for GOP congressional candidates is up slightly from last week, while support for Democrats held steady.

Oooooooooooooooooooops !!!!

Last edited:

BOTH PARTIES.

Why is it that a party that disagrees with another party is labelled as the party of NO?
The way I see it, the democratic party is as much the party of NO as the republican party.
Truth is, I see neither party as the party of NO...they are simply parties of conflicting ideas.
As for this line oif yours.....

"Does anyone on the right believe that health care costs that are eating up businesses and families will go down if we ignore it?"

I am curious....why do you make that statement as if the republican party did not present their version of of a bill? Is it that you simply ignored the fact that they did and hoped none of us realized they did.......or is it that you were not aware that they did?

So I guess I am asking....is it that you were hoping the readers of your post were naive to the facts.....or does your media make you naive to the facts?

You see, months ago, Boehner presented the republican bill.....a simple 250 page bill that all they asked for was a debate to ddiscuss....yet Speaker Pelosi shot it down with no debate....in essence, she siad NO debate on your version and NO discussion about it.

So the republicans get the label as the party of NO?

Why is that?

A bunch of Dems who refuse to listen to anything the Rs have to say.

ZB, if they had anything to say, people would listen. This incessant whining that nobody listens to them is thier own doing, they have nothing and are attempting to slime their way back into power without working for it.

I have no sympathy for Rs in congress. They are phoning it in, counting on the SCOTUS decision to sweep them into power in November. We'll see if that happens.

A bunch of Dems who refuse to listen to anything the Rs have to say.

ZB, if they had anything to say, people would listen. This incessant whining that nobody listens to them is thier own doing, they have nothing and are attempting to slime their way back into power without working for it.

I have no sympathy for Rs in congress. They are phoning it in, counting on the SCOTUS decision to sweep them into power in November. We'll see if that happens.

So are you saying that you are not aware that Mr. Boehner presented the republican version of a healthcare bill months ago and Madam Speaker Pelosi refused to allow it to be deiscussed and/or debated in congress?

How is it that you were not aware?

Do you not watch the news or read the papers?

Couldnt' agree more. These guys need to scrap this train wreck of a bill and start from scratch. They could take it point by point and try for REAL reform. The cost is where they should start. Will they??? That remains to be seen.

As for the party of NO? Guess it all depends on how you look at it. This time I think the Reps were right with the NO. Especially on this clusterfuck of a healthcare bill. Not that they were asked for their input. The left wing loons wrote this one all by themselves. Gee guess it didn't fly with the folks.

I'm agreed with every point, save one. I don't think this particular Congress is capable of good legislation. We should start from scratch after the midterm elections.

Forum List

Back