What's behind surge in Saudi beheadings?

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
As the article states: The Saudi legal system is based on Islamic law, or Sharia, which is derived from the Quran and the Sunnah, the practices and sayings of the Prophet Mohammad." Thus, I don't think anyone will expect the Saudis to lower the number of executions. In most of the world, except for murderers, people would just be sentenced to jail for a certain time. Of course, people would not be jailed for what is called blasphemy or witchcraft in Saudi Arabia.

What's behind surge in Saudi beheadings?
Saudi Arabia has executed one person every two days since last August, new Amnesty International report finds
  • Share on Facebook

saudiobama.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

CAROLYN KASTER / AP

U.S. President Barack Obama meets Saudi Arabian King Salman bin Abdul Aziz in Riyadh on Jan 27, 2015. King Salman is expected to make his first official visit to Washington next week.

By: Jillian Kestler-D’Amours Staff Reporter, Published on Fri Aug 28 2015
One person has been executed in Saudi Arabia every two days since last August, making the Gulf kingdom “one of most prolific executioners in the world,” Amnesty International said this week.

The country has executed more people in the first half of 2015 than all of last year,Amnesty said in a new report.

Between Jan. and June, 102 people were executed, compared to 90 in 2014, Amnesty reported.

Most executions were by beheading and many sentences were handed out to people found guilty of non-lethal crimes, including apostasy, witchcraft and drug-related offences.

“Our main recommendation here is that Saudi Arabia needs to abolish the death penalty,” said Alex Neve, secretary general of Amnesty International Canada.

Continue reading at:

What's behind surge in Saudi beheadings? | Toronto Star?

Low oil prices? :dunno:

I'm at my rope's end here. I'm ready to behead our aging pets for what they're costing us.

The cheaper gasoline gets, the less I can afford to buy it.

Yeah- I'm one of those ass fucking oil farmers. :lol:

Its none of my business what happens in SA , the worst monarchy as far as I'm concerned, its for the people there to change its laws,

May I suggest to you , to read about the worst 15 prisons in the world. I think you'd be surprised.

Forum List

Back