What's been going on with the site?

Don't worry ladies... if I may quote Bob Dylan

Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore.

Although, to be fair, I was a big fan of laissez-faire moderating without using my status as a retributive solution. It's too bad that is not a quality some of USMB appriciates.

Sing WITH Me!

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door..

:cool:

Speaking only for this lady, you've been less than fair, but that is only my take and doesn't speak for the board in any way.

You bring more positive when you choose to in my opinion, when you drop the victim act.

Problem is that you are a moderator, which carries more weight, which you seem to ignor.

Not that it's anyones business, but yes, Kath, I currently have Admin status.

To help with recreating some of the old (loved and missed) emoticons, since I know some of the inner workings of these types of boards..

What status I have after that job is complete is up to Amy/Gunny, and need not be justified to anyone...

And, I'm sorry, but I think that your assumption that this board is floundering, and the implication that it's because you're no longer Admin, and Greg is no longer owner is a crock.

After Scooter bought this board, MANY people returned TO it that had left when Greg bought it.

Since then, the member base has only gone up, and there are very few problems, and certainly no power struggles.

Overall, it's a better place than it was when you and Greg demolished it.

Members can see The Taunting Arena, The Conspiracy Theory area and Trash Can, but someone casually viewing the site as a guest cannot. They were set up for when people want to have "slugfests" as it were, but don't want to disrupt normal threads. Seemed a good idea, rather than start deleting posts or chastizing posters. Gunny can probably speak more to the logistics and criteria of what goes in there.

Only logged in members can see the Taunting Area. Only USMB Staff can see the Trash Can. The threads/posts that have been put in the Trash Can IMO are too over the top even for a freedom of speech board. Rather than delete them, I placed them there.

Speaking only for this lady, you've been less than fair, but that is only my take and doesn't speak for the board in any way.

You bring more positive when you choose to in my opinion, when you drop the victim act.

Problem is that you are a moderator, which carries more weight, which you seem to ignor.

LESS than fair?

Did you come to that conclusion before of AFTER I banned your ass for disagreeing with me on a political issue? I recall that being to type of place USMB was when you had a similar role...

But.. that wasn't a part of my tenure like It was yours, was it Kath? Indeed, being a fair mod probably means muting valid opinions instead of, you know, using mod tools like a Neanderthal used a bone club. Live and learn, I guess. It doesn't escape me that I was banned by your type of "fairness" yet managed to come BACK, after being unbanned and re-invited, to be tapped as a mod.

Indeed, I remember your handywork too. Your criticism sure the hell is ironic considering how you handled your time in the mod seat. Hey, maybe if you bring up the glory days of Sheriff Kath ONE MORE TIME your victim finger might not seem so ironic.

The bottom line is that I gave my badge up in order to engage debate rather than hold onto the position as if it were my only vector of responsibility and authority. I didn't come here to herd you net sheep into rational debate and mold your political rants into some nicely wrapped standard. If the memory of some forum hierarchy is what amounts to the glory days i suggest you cut the umbilical USB cord and discover the KILLER graphics in Life 1.0

I hear they are so realistic that a bird might actually come along and shit on your shoulder.

:cool:

New Topics

Forum List

Back