What's been going on with the site?

Bern80

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2004
Couldn't get on most of yesterday and rep stuff is gone. All the stuff on the right side is gone. Just curious.

Hello. I just took over this site. Sorry about the excessive downtime during the server move. I am currently working on restoring the plugins, there was some error with them in the move. Please report site bugs in this thread or via PM. I think I'll end up creating a new admin account for myself, or at least renaming Scooter.

Hello. I just took over this site. Sorry about the excessive downtime during the server move. I am currently working on restoring the plugins, there was some error with them in the move. Please report site bugs in this thread or via PM. I think I'll end up creating a new admin account for myself, or at least renaming Scooter.

fair enough. so who are you if you're not scooter? :cool:

Yep, can't seem to send a pm.

And I can't read the ones I'm getting sent.

It appears we have a new owner. It also appears some fine-tuning will be needed. I can only ask y'all be patient until we find out for sure what the deal is. At this point, I am as in the dark as any of you.

And I can't read the ones I'm getting sent.

It appears we have a new owner. It also appears some fine-tuning will be needed. I can only ask y'all be patient until we find out for sure what the deal is. At this point, I am as in the dark as any of you.

Keep us posted. I can't send or read my pm's now either, btw. Though now I can read the home page and don't have to get on through individual threads.

Keep us posted. I can't send or read my pm's now either, btw. Though now I can read the home page and don't have to get on through individual threads.

I sure like "hanging" with you guy's, but this site changing shit is getting old, if you know what I mean.

It would of been nice if the powers that be had let us peons in on the change.

I'll wait to see how this is handled, it isn't like there isn't a lot of other site's to visit.:eusa_wall:

I sure like "hanging" with you guy's, but this site changing shit is getting old, if you know what I mean.

I'll wait to see how this is handled, it isn't like there isn't a lot of other site's to visit.:eusa_wall:

Give the new owner a chance. Obviously, the board is back up and the issues from this morning were corrected. I doubt it was bought with running off the members and letting the database collapse in mind.

I know what you mean. I think Jim was the best, but that goes without saying. Greg brought some very good changes, especially in readability. Scott, aka Scooter, not so much, but at least he and Greg announced the 'takeover' beforehand.

Now this.

I know what you mean. I think Jim was the best, but that goes without saying. Greg brought some very good changes, especially in readability. Scott, aka Scooter, not so much, but at least he and Greg announced the 'takeover' beforehand.

Now this.

Just shows how differently situations can be perceived by different people. I thought Scott was just fine. He left us alone... didn't have his buddies running roughshod over anyone who didn't share their political proclivities and allowed adults to argue in peace.

Sorry, K... Greg was a tight-assed jerk from day one when he changed our emoticons.

If this new guy lets us do our thing and doesn't go all machiavellian on us, I'm sure it will be fine.

Now this.

Greg, not so much, other than board colors. Scooter at least stopped the iron fist ruling bullshit, which made for a much more popular board amongst everyone, with the exception of a single person who shall remain nameless, and titleless. :)

Now this.

Now what? For all intents and purposes, we didn't have a board for one evening, and can't PM right now; which, I have already addressed to him. The board itself works as it always has and the rules, policies and staff of this board will remain in effect and "as is" until the new owner says otherwise.

As far as the previous owners go, Greg's "very good changes" ran just about every longtime member off this board.

Just shows how differently situations can be perceived by different people. I thought Scott was just fine. He left us alone... didn't have his buddies running roughshod over anyone who didn't share their political proclivities and allowed adults to argue in peace.

Sorry, K... Greg was a tight-assed jerk from day one when he changed our emoticons.

If this new guy lets us do our thing and doesn't go all machiavellian on us, I'm sure it will be fine.

You might be right, Greg probably was more in line with me, which is why we were simpatico, though I happened to agree with you about the emoticaons. ;)
Scott was more than hands off, he was beyond interaction with any that I know of, any that was visible. Now he may have had some great report with those I don't know about. I just will say up front, he didn't bother to say, 'hey, I've got to let you go down because of hostility or whatever. He posted it first online, locked me out.

If he'd asked me to step down, I would have. It's the idea of humiliating someone or anyone that is so 'new'. Needless to say, I survived and am quite content where I'm at, on various boards. I've not favs here.

Now what? For all intents and purposes, we didn't have a board for one evening, and can't PM right now; which, I have already addressed to him. The board itself works as it always has and the rules, policies and staff of this board will remain in effect and "as is" until the new owner says otherwise.

As far as the previous owners go, Greg's "very good changes" ran just about every longtime member off this board.

Hardly, as evidenced by the Chesswar theads. Hey Gunny, this never was directed about mods, I think you are aces in any venue. What's your problem?

Scott actually interacted with a LOT of us when he first took over.. That's not really considered hands-off.. What he was hands off about was, again, the iron fist ruling, which NOBODY wants and nobody needs.

You might be right, Greg probably was more in line with me, which is why we were simpatico, though I happened to agree with you about the emoticaons. ;)
Scott was more than hands off, he was beyond interaction with any that I know of, any that was visible. Now he may have had some great report with those I don't know about. I just will say up front, he didn't bother to say, 'hey, I've got to let you go down because of hostility or whatever. He posted it first online, locked me out.

If he'd asked me to step down, I would have. It's the idea of humiliating someone or anyone that is so 'new'. Needless to say, I survived and am quite content where I'm at, on various boards. I've not favs here.

Here's the thing. I don't care if the board owner interacts with us. Gunny was around, addressed any issues. If Scott was off in Acapulco that's just fine by me. I don't think adults need much moderation or control. Unless someone is really screwing up the board (and we'd probably disagree on which posters do or did that), then there really isn't anything that should be done about them.

I can't speak to your situation with Scott, but I can tell you, this board was a thousand times better with him than it was before.

Forum List

Back