What's An Acceptable Number Of Innocent People Being Executed?

when did you become a wackadoodle? you used to be so nice.

you've been running with a bad crowd, imo.

Mine was a troll repsonse to what i believe was a troll question and dagoose is typically a lefty bomb thrower....

P.S. You've been a little fiery yourself lately as well, missy ... :)

Well now that you know that it wasn't a "troll question" why don't you try and contribute something useful the the thread?

1) It's far worse for most to be incarcerated for life than be executed. Personally I would rather be put to death than spend the rest of my days locked up playing house with a big bull. What would YOUR choice be?

2) It's far more expensive to execute them than give them life in prison. Is that a wise use of taxpayer dollars?

1) Says who? They get to live, breathe, exercise, and live out their days with their ilk. Some even get to write books, have visit's from their loved ones, etc.. And who knows? They might even get to "shank" an innocent single mom of two working as a prison guard to try and support her two kids. If executed, they get to do none of that. I'd rather LIVE.

2) You can't be serious, since when do liberals give a flying fuck about saving tax payer dollars?

Mine was a troll repsonse to what i believe was a troll question and dagoose is typically a lefty bomb thrower....

P.S. You've been a little fiery yourself lately as well, missy ... :)

Well now that you know that it wasn't a "troll question" why don't you try and contribute something useful the the thread?

1) It's far worse for most to be incarcerated for life than be executed. Personally I would rather be put to death than spend the rest of my days locked up playing house with a big bull. What would YOUR choice be?

2) It's far more expensive to execute them than give them life in prison. Is that a wise use of taxpayer dollars?

1) Says who? They get to live, breathe, exercise, and live out their days with their ilk. Some even get to write books, have visit's from their loved ones, etc.. And who knows? They might even get to "shank" an innocent single mom of two working as a prison guard to try and support her two kids. If executed, they get to do none of that. I'd rather LIVE.

2) You can't be serious, since when do liberals give a flying fuck about saving tax payer dollars?

Ok. I give up on you. You've shown that....

1) You're incapable of honest debate, and

2) Showing you total idiocy.

The only real point you made is that you would rather be Bubba's Butt Boy for 30 years rather than die and get it over with. As the prisoner said in an earlier post......

"If you really want to kill someone, give them life without parole," Steidl said in an even voice. He speaks of his troubled past as if it was trapped under glass or locked behind bars — visible but no longer able to torture him.

"It's worse than dying."

Bottom line? I don't think you have a clue about the prison system or execution. All you're doing is running off at the mouth and spewing shit. When you grow up and form an educated opinion let me know.

Since I just got home from a 12 hour graveyard shift I'm heading for bed. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I get up and see some sort of coherent response from you. But I doubt it. It's beyond your capabilities.

Last edited:

The only real point you made is that you would rather be Bubba's Butt Boy for 30 years rather than die and get it over with. As the prisoner said in an earlier post......

"If you really want to kill someone, give them life without parole," Steidl said in an even voice. He speaks of his troubled past as if it was trapped under glass or locked behind bars — visible but no longer able to torture him.

"It's worse than dying."

Bottom line? I don't think you have a clue about the prison system or execution. All you're doing is running off at the mouth and spewing shit. When you grow up and form an educated opinion let me know.

Since I just got home from a 12 hour graveyard shift I'm heading for bed. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I get up and see some sort of coherent response from you. But I doubt it. It's beyond your capabilities.

Excuse me if i don't take the word of some liberal asshat who watches prison movies and thinks he knows how it is. You think all murderers are bubba's butt boy? How many of these murderers are actually the bubba who is making some bank robber their butt boy?

You, with all your sooper dooper education should know better than to take one prisoners opinion as gospel, maybe you'll wake up with some new found common sense, but i doubt it.....

Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

State by State Database | Death Penalty Information Center

DA who convicted man freed from death row:

NCADP Affiliate: Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty

good post, I agree it is problematic. and as much as I agree on one hand, if even one occurs thats too much and since due to the finality of the sentence, it can never be reversed, my visceral reaction is; 1.6% is not prohibitive, god help me.

Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

good post, I agree it is problematic. and as much as I agree on one hand, if even one occurs thats too much and since due to the finality of the sentence, it can never be reversed, my visceral reaction is; 1.6% is not prohibitive, god help me.

The number of acceptable executions of an innocent person should be directly proportional to your willingness to stand in that person's shoes...

I get it. It's about Rick Perry isn't it? How many Branch Dividians were innocent when Clinton sentenced them to death by poison gas and incineration?

What the fuck is the focus on Texas for? Are you aware that other states have the death penalty? That there is actually in Georgia where there is a man on death row who is probably innocent?

Troy Davis Execution: Former FBI Chief William S. Sessions Calls On Georgia To Stay Order

No, you can't give someone back their years spent in jail.

No you can't. You cannot undo anything once it's done. So, unless all actions are illegitimate the possibility of error is not a reasonable disqualification for a given action. People may be oppossed to the death penalty for many reasons, but "what if there's a mistake?" is not a reasonable one.

How is that not a reasonable reason to oppose it?

"It's worse than dying."

Excuse me if i don't take the word of some liberal asshat who watches prison movies and thinks he knows how it is. You think all murderers are bubba's butt boy? How many of these murderers are actually the bubba who is making some bank robber their butt boy?

You, with all your sooper dooper education should know better than to take one prisoners opinion as gospel, maybe you'll wake up with some new found common sense, but i doubt it.....

Translated: "I really don't have any good answers so I'll just be insulting and pretend I actually have a defendable argument".

Actually dumbass I have a 50 year old brother and a good childhood friend who have spent most of their adult lives behind bars. If given a choice between death and life imprisonment just kill me now.

But since you've been unable to form a coherent thought or argument in the entire thread I have to wonder why you participated in the first place. Heck, you lost before you ever really started.

What the fuck is the focus on Texas for? Are you aware that other states have the death penalty? That there is actually in Georgia where there is a man on death row who is probably innocent?

Troy Davis Execution: Former FBI Chief William S. Sessions Calls On Georgia To Stay Order

Because Texas is most proud of their execution record. But it could apply to any state that has the death penalty. After finding out that 13 men on Death Row were wrongly convicted the Republican Illinois govenor abolished the death penalty.

Because Texas is most proud of their execution record. But it could apply to any state that has the death penalty. After finding out that 13 men on Death Row were wrongly convicted the Republican Illinois govenor abolished the death penalty.

Was there a survey? What makes you think Florida is not proud of their record on executions?

No, you can't give someone back their years spent in jail.

No you can't. You cannot undo anything once it's done. So, unless all actions are illegitimate the possibility of error is not a reasonable disqualification for a given action. People may be oppossed to the death penalty for many reasons, but "what if there's a mistake?" is not a reasonable one.

Because it means, logicallly, that you would have to oppose any and every exercise of justice within a system created and operated by fallible human beings.

Because it means, logicallly, that you would have to oppose any and every exercise of justice within a system created and operated by fallible human beings.

No, it means I would do everything I could to make sure innocent people are not killed by the government.

Forum List

Back