CDZ What's a Wall Going to Accomplish?

"What's a Wall Going to Accomplish?"

Nothing.

Its sole purpose is to appease Trump’s ignorant, hateful, bigoted base.
Actually, those that work the border say that walls do work.
Whom am I supposed to believe, a politician on the hill, or a person who actually works at securing the border?
How about the people that live at the border?

Americans who live near border say Trump's wall is unwelcome

“The wall might make mid-America feel safer, but for those of us that live on the border, it’s not making us feel any safer when we know that people can go over it, around it, under it and through it,”
It's just not a popularity issue, it's a security issue.
Not convinced thats the truth. If it was about security why not get the government back running so the TSA and Border Patrol can get paid? They can debate the wall later or he can use his "emergency" out.
We've all seen how that pass the Bill now and we'll deal with the security later works out. Politicians have a track record.
If they pass the bill now the people that work in security like the TSA and the Border Patrol will be paid. If he uses his emergency out then the wall can be built.

immigration_MexicanDrugCartel2.jpg

"What's a Wall Going to Accomplish?"

Nothing.

Its sole purpose is to appease Trump’s ignorant, hateful, bigoted base.
Actually, those that work the border say that walls do work.
Whom am I supposed to believe, a politician on the hill, or a person who actually works at securing the border?
How about the people that live at the border?

Americans who live near border say Trump's wall is unwelcome

“The wall might make mid-America feel safer, but for those of us that live on the border, it’s not making us feel any safer when we know that people can go over it, around it, under it and through it,”
It's just not a popularity issue, it's a security issue.
Not convinced thats the truth. If it was about security why not get the government back running so the TSA and Border Patrol can get paid? They can debate the wall later or he can use his "emergency" out.
We've all seen how that pass the Bill now and we'll deal with the security later works out. Politicians have a track record.
it can't be that serious if the right wing can indulge tax cut economics.

our alleged and extra-Constitutional wars on crime, drugs, and terror cannot be taken seriously without serious tax rates to fund them, under our form of Capitalism where capital usage provides objective market based metrics not political propaganda and rhetoric.

If I had a choice between a wall or blowing up Mexico, one drug haven at a time, I’d blow the fuckers away.

A Wall?

What is a wall going to do? Keep the drugs out? Keep the illegals out?

The drugs are coming into the country by underground tunnel, SUBMARINE, shipping, and now their new horizontal drillers making 10" diameter piping tunnels that can span for a mile and are undetectable.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...retruck-sized-drillers-to-make-drug-pipelines

A wall will not stop any of this.

As far as illegals, sure plenty are walking across the border, but a wall will not stop the flow of illegals as they will continue to come in by truck, tunnel, and other means.

A border wall is not going to stop a million to billion dollar human and drug smuggling enterprise. There is too much money to be made and smugglers will adapt to any wall that we try.

Tunnels are a minute part of the assault on our border a wall can only help stem the flow of drugs. That being said, I am for legalizing and regulating these substances similar to the way we treat alcohol. I am also for a wall to help keep out human trafficers.

Let's see here. What would NOT building a wall accomplish.

It will stress our social services to the max.
It will displace American workers and add to the homeless population.
It will accelerate the spread of communicable diseases.
It will erode the notion that we are a sovereign nation.
It will cost billions and billions of dollars.
It will take more money out of our economy as it is sent back to Mexico.
It will increase drug and human trafficking.
It will erode the quality of life for all Americans.

Most importantly, however, it will add to the base of potential democratic voters

Come on folks, can't we all agree that the last consideration outweighs all the others?

Forum List

Back