Whatever you do, don't sneeze!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
So I wake up at my usual time of 2:30am on Monday and make a pot of coffee. While it's brewing I cruise over to my computer to enjoy my first cancer stick of the morning. I light up and a few moments later I realize I have to sneeze. I guess even us with the addiction can sometimes be allergic to the foul smoke of a cigarette.

I sneeze and nearly paralyzed myself! I shot of pain ran from my lower back to my head. After sitting absolutely still for about a minute I attempted to get up and that's when I realized that I couldn't barely stand. I completely threw out my lower back and now haven't been able to stand upright for 2 days thus far.

You should see me trying to get around. If you ever saw the flick Shallow Hal, and there was that guy who walked around all the time on his hands? Well, that looks like me! :)

Advil, tylenol, hot baths, heat packs... Nothing is working. The only thing that feels good is lying down on my side and forgetting that I hurt it.

I'm in good company though. I believe it was last year that Sammy Sosa sneezed and ended up on the DL for nearly a month!

Go get a massage. And not from one of those places open at 2 in the morning... :D

Seriously. A good back massage once a month will do you wonders. I don't know how I ever lived without.

You wake up a half hour before I go to bed!

And, that sucks, do you think you pulled something? I've sneezed or coughed so hard that I felt a sharp pain through my body, but that's only lasted for like fifteen seconds.

Forum List

Back