Whatever happened to the highbrow forum idea?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Has it been shit canned?

Even though I'd rarely go there, I'm starting to think it would be a good idea.

A forum for intellectual debate with strict rules against personal attacks and perhaps even a naughty word filter (assuming they can be forum specific). I'd even suggest policing the language and tone used to attack politicians.

I think some people find it difficult to hang with the no holds barred nature most of us like and have cultivated here, and in the spirit of inclusion, perhaps the more sensitive members should have a refuge of their own.

What an unamerican concept.

We are supposed to blindly hate and insult and distrust the other side so business and govt can slide thru what it wants to. and avoid the blame for what they screw up.

Last edited:
Has it been shit canned?

A forum for intellectual debate with strict rules against personal attacks and perhaps even a naughty word filter (assuming they can be forum specific). I'd even suggest policing the language and tone used to attack politicians.

I think some people find it difficult to hang with the no holds barred nature most of us like and have cultivated here, and in the spirit of inclusion, perhaps the more sensitive members should have a refuge of their own.

I like the idea. (Of course "intellectual" is often a state of mind.)

Has it been shit canned?

I like the idea. (Of course "intellectual" is often a state of mind.)

Maybe. Rules of debate are not.

Has it been shit canned?

Where you going to find all those neutral mods. to police it?

I know that I've written posts that seem perfectly calm and reasonable with a humorous overtone and you'd think I'd punched granny on the nose.

• Banned
From where I'm sitting, all of the mods save one are pretty objective in moderation. I think they could handle it.

I'd even suggest policing the language and tone used to attack politicians.

I'm thinking that instead of calling politicians and media Obama, Pelosi, Palin, or Rush, we would have to call them Mr. Obama, Mrs. Pelosi, Mrs. Palin, and Mr. Limbaugh.

Also, no abbreviations unless the abbreviations are defined in the post, such as "United States of America (USA)"

Additionally, we would all have to refer to each other as "Sir" or "Ma'am"

And tha malcontent would not be able to capitalize any word that he pleases.

Additionally, we would all have to refer to each other as "Sir" or "Ma'am"

And tha malcontent would not be able to capitalize any word that he pleases.

Huh... perhaps we need a general complaints and fine whine forum...:lol:

Has it been shit canned?

I think that there should also be a parallel low-brow forum where non-intellectuals can make posts and talk about what is being discussed by their high-falutin' brethren.

Has it been shit canned?

I think that there should also be a parallel low-brow forum where non-intellectuals can make posts and talk about what is being discussed by their high-falutin' brethren.

Yes, and we could drink swill, and burn them in effigy.

Has it been shit canned?

Yes, and they would have to leave our serving wenches alone also...

Yes, and they would have to leave our serving wenches alone also...

Absolutely.

And we could use crayons to color charactatures of them, and upon which we would smear buggars.

I really can't see why it didn't work out?
:)

Lack of highbrows... I'd guess...:eusa_eh:

Come to think of it, I would be kind of lonely, Ms. Luissa.

By the way, forget that thing I said in regards to serving wenches.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back