What you would have wanted..

At this point in time, I can't think of anyone. With the advantage of hind sight I'm not sure anyone could have defeated the Maobama gift machine. The only thing the GOP can do is spend the next 4 years developing a marketing machine that can perform similar to the Dems. 2008 and 2012 proved elections are not about policies anymore, they're about effective marketing.

I'm with you. Hypothetically speaking though I believe Jon Huntsman matched with a conservative thinker such as Rubio would have done really well. The problem was he couldnt get off of the ground in places like Iowa where like an olympic sprinter you need a good start. A lot of people will complain about him being to moderate, but if you actually listened to him he was an extremely smart and relatable guy. To me that would have given us a better chance in swing areas.

At this point in time, I can't think of anyone. With the advantage of hind sight I'm not sure anyone could have defeated the Maobama gift machine. The only thing the GOP can do is spend the next 4 years developing a marketing machine that can perform similar to the Dems. 2008 and 2012 proved elections are not about policies anymore, they're about effective marketing.

As long as you and others on the right continue to buy into such nonsense, it won’t make any difference who the GOP nominee might be, or might have been.

Granted, Romney was a dreadful candidate, but his failure to win the election was a collective GOP fail.

If you were responsible for choosining the Republican nominee for the 2012 election who would you have picked? Provide reasons.

I would have paid to have seen Gingrich debate Oblamer, as much as he is disliked, I believe he would have mopped the floor with this moron...

No doubt he would have. As much as old Newt has baggage the guys one of the most inttleeigent I have ever heard talk politics. If only we could matched his smarts with a viable candidate

I'm with you. Hypothetically speaking though I believe Jon Huntsman matched with a conservative thinker such as Rubio would have done really well. The problem was he couldnt get off of the ground in places like Iowa where like an olympic sprinter you need a good start. A lot of people will complain about him being to moderate, but if you actually listened to him he was an extremely smart and relatable guy. To me that would have given us a better chance in swing areas.

Huntsman would have had the same problem Romney did because of his dad, he would have been painted out of touch and all that crap, plus he came from Maobamas administration. Rubio is way too green, the dems may not have a problem with a first term senator but I think the GOP would. We got to have someone who can articulate to the young voters what all this debt will mean to their collective futures and their standard of living. But who the hell are we fooling, we don't chose the candidates, we just get to vote for the one we consider the lesser evil. The big money people really don't care who we vote for, they already own everyone.

I don't understand why the Republicans didn't use their smartest, Sarah Palin, she even wrote a book all by herself, "Going Rouge by Lynn Vincent".

Somebody beat me to Jon Huntsman, but not with Rubio. That's just scary. They couldn't be more opposite.

Huntsman seems intelligent, congenial and free of the polarization/eliminationism game that grows on the Party like a cancer (exactly why I don't want Rubio on the ticket)

... like this attitude right here:

Huntsman would have had the same problem Romney did because of his dad, he would have been painted out of touch and all that crap, plus he came from Maobamas administration.

-- this is completely tone deaf. Huntsman worked for Reagan and Bush, yet somehow "he came from Maobamas [sic] administration". That's pathetic denialism right there, as if "he touched a black man" is some kind of disease. Not to mention trying to equate Hunstman Senior with George Romney... bizarre. Unlike Romney, Huntsman doesn't "act" rich.

This kind of extremism is what's killing the Party and keeping good people like Jon Huntsman from having a chance to compete.

When I first read the thread title I thought it was going to say "what would you have wanted if Obama really was giving stuff away" :lol:

If you were responsible for choosining the Republican nominee for the 2012 election who would you have picked? Provide reasons.
Herman Cain, hands down. Second, Rudy. I don't give a shit about their personal lives....it's fucking DC, more decadent than Vegas, so that's a given. Plus, that's their personal business.

They seemed to be the limited government type, fiscally conservative, national security oriented, think legislating morality is for pussies, and common sense candidates.

Herman Cain and Gary Johnson were better on policy but they didn't have the fundraising machine behind them.

I still think a black Republican against a half black Democrat would have been interesting, and Cain would mop the floor with Obama on fiscal issues.

until America forgets about Bush II, the GOP is stuck in neutral.

You cant claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility and moral perfection if guys like Bush II win office.

until America forgets about Bush II, the GOP is stuck in neutral.

You cant claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility and moral perfection if guys like Bush II win office.
Rather, until the Dems get over losing to GWB, the Dems will continue to look like miserable and bitter folks.

Forum List

Back