What year did "the parties switch sides?"

When did the "Parties Switch Sides"?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Whenever its convenient

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
I'm afraid you're wrong, very wrong.

Progressives/Liberals/Leftists believe in certain socio-political maxims that include, but are not limited to, civil rights for all Americans regardless of race, gender or sexual identification. Protections for consumers and workers by having a government that acts as a Newtonian counterweight to the powers of corporations.

On the other hand, Regressives/Conservatives/Readtionaries believe in differing maxims. These include, but are not limited to, reservation of civil rights due to the social changes they may or not bring. Unfettered power of private corporations because those corporations provide jobs. This means smaller, less intrusive government, unless that government is used to forward a social agenda that includes some form of repression.

Now we have two distinct political parties: the Democrats and the Republicans. These two parties have historically have been held by either the Progressives or the Comservatives. Occasionally, the Republican Party has made progressive moves while in power. The Democrats have hosted many, particularly Southern members, who have actively opposed civil rights.

So it's a bad idea to identify one political party as either Progressive or Conservative. A,erican political parties have a nasty tendency to purge their own members who are no longer sufficiently Conservative or Liberal enough to suit the agenda of the party as they see it. Today the Republican Party is going through the second great political purge of this young century. They first purge was the Tea Party purge of 2009-2014.

Republican incumbents and stalwarts were purged for being RINOs. Today's purge has more to do with a personality cult built around Donald Trump.

In 1972, during the candidacy of Sen. George McGovern (D) South Dakota for the Presidency, the Democrats went through a similar political purge ridding the party of those Right of Center. This gave shunned pols to jump to the GOP.

Pointing at old newsreel footage of oracle riots in the south during the 1960s and saying "See! Liberals are cracking heads!" betrays an ignorance of history, sociology and American political ideology. It's easier for those of us who actually lived during that tumultuous time to understand.

Big difference in my book from a progressive/liberal and a leftist. I like liberals/progressives and dislike the left-wingers. Same holds true with a conservative and a righty. I like conservatives dislike right-wingers.
By 'right wingers', are we talking about the Alt-Right? And by Left-Wingers, are we talking about Antifa?
That sounds about right. When did Fox and Rush stop assassinating the character of liberals and start calling them leftists?
That sounded almost rational and completely out of character, Progduppe
I am always right and I never lie thank you very much...

They only time I ever catch you lying is when you post.

Ike proposed a civil rights bill that Senate Majority leader LBJ killed in the Senate. It only passed once he became President and the media convinced everyone LBJ was no longer a racist but never mentioned that it was really Ikes bill that was passed

His "Great Society" destroyed the black nuclear family, replacing the Male head of household with a government check and tying the family to the democrat party as if their lives depended upon it.
What Civil Rights bill was that, Dupe?
Eisenhower Civil Rights bill - Google Search

Actually they passed it 1957. Eisenhower himself was an independent.
And the rest of your post is total crap...

Poor Frank, busted again: LBJ recognized the realpolitik in 1957 but didn't kill the bill, one noteworthy point is that Strom Thurmond gave the longest one person filibuster.

The final vote in the Senate and the H. of Rep. by party is in this link:

Civil Rights Act of 1957 - Wikipedia

Phony-baloney. Tell all these nice people who were shooting Black Americans with water cannons. Want me to post pictures, and who they were, you racist frump-! You far Leftists need to be shown for who you really were...…….racist bast**** who lynched people for the amount of melanin in their skin.

What far leftists?

The one's he described who were Dixiecrat's before they became Republicans.
ah...the conservative southern right.

Big difference in my book from a progressive/liberal and a leftist. I like liberals/progressives and dislike the left-wingers. Same holds true with a conservative and a righty. I like conservatives dislike right-wingers.
By 'right wingers', are we talking about the Alt-Right? And by Left-Wingers, are we talking about Antifa?
That sounds about right. When did Fox and Rush stop assassinating the character of liberals and start calling them leftists?

Well that's another lie that you don't know about. Got an example?

Well that's another lie that you don't know about. Got an example?

I proved it several times and yet you still lie. I have given examples before and you deny it, even when it was shown to you. I am tired of proving you to be a liar and then you pretend it was never proven.

In Democrat mind they switched sides once it was no longer so popular to support slavery.

Initially they were furious that republicans freed their slaves.

Initially they were furious

they still are

and do everything possible to enslave them again

And still mad that we pried their slaves away from them.....

....but re-enact it whenever they can:

"Ex: [DEMOCRAT] Schneiderman called me ‘brown slave,’ slapped me until I called him ‘Master’

[Democrat] State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman called his Sri Lankan girlfriend his “brown slave” and wanted her to refer to him as “Master,” the woman says.

...and he’d slap me until I did,” Selvaratnam said.
050718-tanya-schneiderman-feature.jpg

“He started calling me his ‘brown slave’ and demanding that I repeat that I was ‘his property.’”

https://nypost.com/2018/05/07/ex-sc...lave-would-slap-me-until-i-called-him-master/

Did I mention....
The Democrat Party has always ....ALWAYS.....been the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.

Ok I got it. In 1964 democrats switched to Republican, then in 1984 they became double secret Republicans

Oh yes Frank, the Left has to figure a way to blame racism on everyone but who they look in the mirror at every single morning. Notice, how most of them resemble Chucky Shmucky, and Fancy Nancy. They lie like them too!
It took 20 years for all the southern conservatives to become Republicans. Blacks and Hispanic would be Republicans if it wasn't so obvious they are full of racists...

Still waiting for one of you so called GENIUSES to tell all of us the names of those multitude of politicians who changed from D to R, and vice-versa. I mean, there MUST be a list somewhere on the net to show all those politicians who did it, and YOU as a supposed teacher, (that is what you claimed you were, or was that another incompetent, gaslighting far Leftist) should be the one to post it to prove your sides point!

Ok I got it. In 1964 democrats switched to Republican, then in 1984 they became double secret Republicans

Oh yes Frank, the Left has to figure a way to blame racism on everyone but who they look in the mirror at every single morning. Notice, how most of them resemble Chucky Shmucky, and Fancy Nancy. They lie like them too!
It took 20 years for all the southern conservatives to become Republicans. Blacks and Hispanic would be Republicans if it wasn't so obvious they are full of racists...

Still waiting for one of you so called GENIUSES to tell all of us the names of those multitude of politicians who changed from D to R, and vice-versa. I mean, there MUST be a list somewhere on the net to show all those politicians who did it, and YOU as a supposed teacher, (that is what you claimed you were, or was that another incompetent, gaslighting far Leftist) should be the one to post it to prove your sides point!
It took 20 years 1965 to 1984 for Southern conservative voters to change parties, and about that long for conservative Democrats to retire or get primaried. Wikipedia has a list but that is not what happened in most cases... No one said it did.zzzzzzzzz

It took 20 years 1965 to 1984 for Southern conservative voters to change parties, and about that long for conservative Democrats to retire or get primaried. Wikipedia has a list but that is not what happened in most cases... No one said it did.zzzzzzzzz
I like the new Franco

Forum List

Back