What would you say or ask?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
You have been invited to dine with both Representative Pelosi and Senator Reid and you have accepted the invitation. What subject would you discuss with these two people over dinner and what would you like to tell them?

Gosh, Mama taught me it was impolite to discuss at the dinner table politics....or...never to discuss politics or religion at the dinner table with strangers....so I don't know?

But setting this aside, I would ask them what they envisioned as their priorities for our country and what they planned to do to accomplish these goals.

You have been invited to dine with both Representative Pelosi and Senator Reid and you have accepted the invitation. What subject would you discuss with these two people over dinner and what would you like to tell them?

I'd ask them about their families and what got them interested in politics. If Obama was there, I'd axe him.

I wouldn't bother to show up. The only thing I want to hear from both is 'I resign, with immediate effect.' I think a full confession of their transgressions and an apology would be nice too.

I'd congratulate Reid on his work on healthcare. Like it or not, it was a tremendous political accomplishment that many have tried and None have succeeded at.

I'd ask Pelosi to tone down her rhetoric as many of her statements sound so mean-spirited that they become a road block to bi-partisanship and good government.

Given that they've both been around the D.C. block several times in their careers, I would ask how they can possibly believe Obamacare will only cost what's being bandied about in light of how stuningly wrong previous congressional/presidential estimates on spending programs have been over the course of several decades? In other words, why should us taxpayers believe our lawmakers have some how gotten the cost estimates right this time?

Dear Great madam speaker Lady pelosi--may you please pas the salt to your underserving citizen. I will greatly appreciate it if you would at least consider that for me. Please Thank Madam Speaker!!?

(You guys forget, Nancy pelosi is the most powerful person in this country. Since she does not abide by constituional law, as the right have said, then she could easily trump up charges against you and have you cooling your heels at Gitmo with the other terrorists!!

While you are eating Prison food, I will dine fabulously on the best chef works that our nation leaders enjoy!! Ciao!!)

I'd ask them about their families and what got them interested in politics. If Obama was there, I'd axe him.

Your poor attempt at ebonics humor could get taken the wrong way. Not very smart.

I'd rather ask Mitch McConnell and John Bonehead (oops...i mean Bohner) why they refuse to actually use their political power to work with their opposition instead of destroying their party.

but you know, that would actually mean they give a rats patoot about the country.

I would ask both of them why they think holding office should be a career. I would follow up by asking both of them just how long they plan to try to stay in office and tell me how that is good for the country.
BTW, in the late 80's I had the opportunity to meet Jesse Helms, and I asked him the same thing,
he had no answer. He just acted like I was from mars or something, much like I would expect these two to respond.
I actually pissed Mr. helms of very badly. I shook his hand then intently looked at my hands until he asked what I was doing, to which I was responded "counting my fingers to make sure they are all still there."

I would ask both of them why they think holding office should be a career. I would follow up by asking both of them just how long they plan to try to stay in office and tell me how that is good for the country.
BTW, in the late 80's I had the opportunity to meet Jesse Helms, and I asked him the same thing,
he had no answer. He just acted like I was from mars or something, much like I would expect these two to respond.
I actually pissed Mr. helms of very badly. I shook his hand then intently looked at my hands until he asked what I was doing, to which I was responded "counting my fingers to make sure they are all still there."

When I met Fred Thompson I asked him if he favored term limits. He said yes. I asked him if he would voluntarily subject himself to term limits. He said yes. And he served two terms and quit.

Man of his word.

Your poor attempt at ebonics humor could get taken the wrong way. Not very smart.

How many blacks do you know? Most say 'Axe' rather than 'Ask'. I'm just pointing that out. If someone wants to 'take it the wrong way', that's their problem.

How many blacks do you know? Most say 'Axe' rather than 'Ask'. I'm just pointing that out. If someone wants to 'take it the wrong way', that's their problem.

"Most" blacks say, axe????? Really? got a link to back up that claim?

Yeah. It's called experience. (I'm beginning to think that most people here don't live and work with blacks.)

(The PC 'Police' really bother me for some reason.)

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Yeah. It's called experience. (I'm beginning to think that most people here don't live and work with blacks.)

I've lived, worked, and gone to school with black people most of my life. Among those black people some pronounce ask as axe, but most do not. Your experience seems to have been very limited and you made a sweeping, stereotypical pronouncement based upon your limited experience. I called you on it. If you want to "take it the wrong way, that's YOUR problem."

I've lived, worked, and gone to school with black people most of my life. Among those black people some pronounce ask as axe, but most do not. Your experience seems to have been very limited and you made a sweeping, stereotypical pronouncement based upon your limited experience. I called you on it. If you want to "take it the wrong way, that's YOUR problem."

You're a useless member of the PC police. If I had've been talking about the pronunciation of certain words by, say, New Yorkers or Mexicans or Asians, I doubt you'd have a problem. But because Obama is African American, "Oh GAWD! THE HUMANITY!" Yes, I make fun of the way people pronounce words at times and people to do it to me. It's no big deal to me, probably because I'm not some 'guilt-ridden white person' that you seem to be. And I've lived in many places in the US and my assessment stands. Take your PC-bullshit and shove it up your ass.

Forum List

Back