What would you rather have?

What would you rather have:

• A boss in a down economy with less money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does it matter either way?

Your boss is not keeping you on the payroll because he likes you, he's keeping you around because you're doing a job that he needs done in order to stay in business and make money.

As soon as he finds a way doing without you or getting your job done more cheaply, you'll be gone.

Your boss is not keeping you on the payroll because he likes you, he's keeping you around because you're doing a job that he needs done in order to stay in business and make money.

As soon as he finds a way doing without you or getting your job done more cheaply, you'll be gone.

A boss with more money is more likely to expand his business and hire more people.

A boss with more money is more likely to expand his business and hire more people.

If there's more business to be had.

There's almost always more business to be had.

Doesn't that depend on the business that you're in?

The mom and pop hardware store has just about been eliminated by the likes of Home Depot and Lowes. As successful as mom and pop may have been, I hardly think they're going to be expanding their business and putting on more help when Home Depot moves in around the corner.

Doesn't that depend on the business that you're in?

The mom and pop hardware store has just about been eliminated by the likes of Home Depot and Lowes. As successful as mom and pop may have been, I hardly think they're going to be expanding their business and putting on more help when Home Depot moves in around the corner.

Opportunity is always there.

If retail hardware is being squeezed, there are specialties one can exploit that big box stores cannot.

If a business owner has more money, it is easier to take advantage of opportunities.

Taxes?

For the past ten years the "boss" has enjoyed a bigger profit. In that time the economy has gone into the toilet.

What did the "boss" do with the extra money he/she did not have to pay in taxes?

:eusa_eh:

Neither.
I never had a boss.

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me.

That's all I am saying... except that I am not complimenting you.

I am betting you have had a few bosses... you just didn't last long. Instead of owning up to being a lowsy employee, you say you have "Never had a boss" like it is some kind of liberal badge of honor.

The man isn't going to hold you down huh?!!!!!!

Assuming the boss owns the business. One's boss may also have a boss who also has a boss, etc., none of whom have the decision making authority for expanding and hiring.

Taxes?

For the past ten years the "boss" has enjoyed a bigger profit. In that time the economy has gone into the toilet.

What did the "boss" do with the extra money he/she did not have to pay in taxes?

Saved it, invested it or spent it, those are the only things that can be done with money.

Do you have comprehensive data to prove your claim about bigger profits over the past 10 years?

Taxes?

Saved it, invested it or spent it, those are the only things that can be done with money.

Do you have comprehensive data to prove your claim about bigger profits over the past 10 years?
Yes...the tax rate was lowered. :cuckoo:

Neither.
I never had a boss.

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me.

That's all I am saying... except that I am not complimenting you.

I am betting you have had a few bosses... you just didn't last long. Instead of owning up to being a lowsy employee, you say you have "Never had a boss" like it is some kind of liberal badge of honor.

The man isn't going to hold you down huh?!!!!!!

see, i've been using it as a "conservative badge of honor" for all these years

Taxes?

So that is a no on the comprehensive data then. Ok.

So that is a no on the comprehensive data then. Ok.
So your claim is that lowering taxes for 10 years had no affect on the bottom line of business owners.

:thup:

Forum List

Back