What would you rather fight, Inflation or Unemployment? I would fight inflation.

Huckleburry said:
Are you all suggesting a return to a Bretton Woods style exchange system? You are talking about the dangers of the current world system yet you are all being rather vauge. If we are to have a debate some specifics would be nice. Which goods should be included in the calculation of inflation? Which should not? Why is the US currency at risk? This is not mere semantics but rather the missing the ingredient to a spirited debate.
I look forward to your reply.
Huck.
Ps.
Big Blue Machin,
I made no comment on the size of the deficit. Merely that a well known and well proven economic relation-the phillips relation-proved your conclusion to be quite misguided. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're ready for specifics? That's a hoot. What were the specifics of you recent "economic theory expedition" to south america? What was your aim? what was your metric? How do you know you were successful? Or did you guys just take photos for the commie i.d. cards?

rtwngAvngr said:
You're ready for specifics? That's a hoot. What were the specifics of you recent "economic theory expedition" to south america? What was your aim? what was your metric? How do you know you were successful? Or did you guys just take photos for the commie i.d. cards?

I forgot about that. I better brush up on theory. :D

Said1 said:
Wasn't it? I think it should get a ribbon. Or maybe just moi.

No ribbon. I tried to rep ya. Couldn't.

RWA REP COMPETITION: first person to quote this post gets rep.

rtwngAvngr said:
No ribbon. I tried to rep ya. Couldn't.

RWA REP COMPETITION: first person to quote this post gets rep.

Thanks, doll. You know it's the thought that counts.

Now grab me a beer on your way back from the fridge, will ya.

Said1 said:
Thanks, doll. You know it's the thought that counts.

Now grab me a beer on your way back from the fridge, will ya.

Sure thing, babe. You want a Twinkie?

Huckleburry said:
You two are are pretty silly. Truth of the matter is neither of you can hang in a prolonged debate with me. Right Wing you would do well to remeber your education http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=213514#post213514
Or is your memory conviently selective. Now answer the question...or is the philips relation a little too complicated for you?

blah blah. If I remember correctly, it was irrelevant, as is everything you say. You can't a make simple statement or point about anything. You can't be honest about anything you think or say. You seem to have no moral or intellectual core.

Huckleburry said:
You two are are pretty silly. Truth of the matter is neither of you can hang in a prolonged debate with me.

Then continue where you left off. I think Elephant also left you with some excellent questions, go back and answer them. Or did you forget, silly? :D

Huckleburry said:
You two are are pretty silly. Truth of the matter is neither of you can hang in a prolonged debate with me. Right Wing you would do well to remeber your education http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=213514#post213514
Or is your memory conviently selective. Now answer the question...or is the philips relation a little too complicated for you?

The "philips relation" is true? Are you sure? I think you will find many well qualified economists that are not as sure as you are. I feel Phillips described a relationship he discovered in the data ex post. The inverse relationship between unemployment and inflation falls apart many times over the past 40 years and is almost impossible to use to forecast.

You might try looking at recent papers on developments in macroeconometric estimation of the Phillips Curve. Start with ideas.repec.org.

elephant said:
The "philips relation" is true? Are you sure? I think you will find many well qualified economists that are not as sure as you are. I feel Phillips described a relationship he discovered in the data ex post. The inverse relationship between unemployment and inflation falls apart many times over the past 40 years and is almost impossible to use to forecast.

You might try looking at recent papers on developments in macroeconometric estimation of the Phillips Curve. Start with ideas.repec.org.

Huckelberrry is misunderstanding the full in-depth relation of inflation and unemployment with relationship to what many economic call natural unemployment level. I was going to make an argument against him, and then I realized I really don’t give a dam.

For those that do and don’t mind reading a 50 page PDF, to prove him wrong, I attached a link to this subject. Something he didn’t do.
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/wp/wp9717.pdf

Forum List

Back