What would you have done?

• I would give the man the full $18.00

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I would give the man $5-$10

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • He's scamming; I wouldn't give him a dime

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
It's not illegal to ask for money. No crime, no jail. I don't want your funny money though.:rotflmao:

Of course it isn't, at least not the way you'd do it, right? And besides, I wouldn't give YOU the steam off my dogs piss if you were half froze. So there.

I'd give him a dollar or two, but I'm a wuss when it comes to beggars, regardless of whether they're honest or not.

What? You've never heard that phrase before? Don't tell me it's only limited to Newfoundland. :laugh:

Around here we have something similiar: I wouldn't cross the street to piss on you, if you were on fire.

Sick, I know. Not meant to anyone! Just sharing. :mm:

Thanks for the responses.

Here's what we did:

We were actually low on cash, and we still had tolls to pay all the way to New Jersey. My husband was about to give him a few bucks, but I took out my last $10.00 and gave it to the guy.

All the while I was thinking two competing thoughts:

It's probably a scam. But you never know when you will be visited by an angel.

I did notice that he went immediately to the next car in the lot, whose driver wouldn't even roll down the window. I guess we will never know, but I am going to assume that if it was a scam, his bad karma will get back to him eventually.

There was no way I was going to give him my name and adddress, though.

No name & address, but I would give him at least some of the money. It was probably a scam, but, what if just this ONE time, it wasn't? I'd feel better knowing that I had given.

Forum List

Back