What would you do?

Thanks to you all for the words/advice.

I have had this girl in my classroom for the last 2 years, she started her third year with me 2 weeks ago, so I know the family well. Dad treats her like a baby, and does everything for her. She still can't tie her own shoes, sharpen a pencil or even open a candy wrapper, because she's always had daddy to do it for her. I am trying to teach her to be more independent. She reads at a sixth grade level but can't add 23+22. She remembers every detail of anything she's told, and has no "social" filters.

If something was "going on" with daddy, I think she would have told me in her unique way. I really think it's just that daddy thinks of her as his "baby"-yet she needs to learn to start growing up and being independent.

o fuck me running....you know the father and yet you reported this....sounds to me like you are trying to make the wee one grow up and on your terms.....

that aint right...just aint right...sorry echo....but i think had you told all this at the begining the posts may have been different.

I have had this girl in my classroom for the last 2 years, she started her third year with me 2 weeks ago, so I know the family well. Dad treats her like a baby, and does everything for her. She still can't tie her own shoes, sharpen a pencil or even open a candy wrapper, because she's always had daddy to do it for her. I am trying to teach her to be more independent. She reads at a sixth grade level but can't add 23+22. She remembers every detail of anything she's told, and has no "social" filters.

If something was "going on" with daddy, I think she would have told me in her unique way. I really think it's just that daddy thinks of her as his "baby"-yet she needs to learn to start growing up and being independent.

o fuck me running....you know the father and yet you reported this....sounds to me like you are trying to make the wee one grow up and on your terms.....

that aint right...just aint right...sorry echo....but i think had you told all this at the begining the posts may have been different.

Back up there a minute ms. jump to conclusions.

I reported it to the SCHOOL COUNSLER. BY LAW I HAVE TO. THEY DECIDE WHAT TO DO FROM THERE, get it now?

You find out an 11 year old girl has been sleeping in the same bed with her father for who knows how long. It's a king size bed. No mom in the house, but dad's sister lives there.

Daughter has a mild form of autism.

I turned into the counselor. She talked with dad about "boundaries" with the daughter. Soon, the girl will be starting puberty. She told him to get a double bed or have her sleep with the aunt.

If things don't change she said she' going to report them to CPS.

Thoughts?

That is a very fine line.
I was a single parent of 2 girls. I wouldn't let them sleep in my bed just because the risk of getting turned into social services for something completely innocent was a hassle I did not want to deal with.

it is a damn shame that a child is denied love and comfort due to fear

In this day and age it is almost inappropriate to give your kids a hug.

She should be sleeping on her own and he shouldn't need telling.

Sad but true.

and no i dont get it....why by law did you have to report this....was there signs of abuse or molestation?

remember how you jumped to conclusions on my "anna" thread thinking it was about our "annie?" You are doing the same thing here. Jumping to conclusions first.

WE HAVE TO REPORT ANYTHING THAT MAY BE SUSPIOUS WITH A CHILD.

I really don't think he is molesting her, BUT I HAVE TO REPORT IT TO THE SOCIAL WORKER. Get it? What if he WAS molesting her, and I didn't report it. Did you ever think of that bones?

I did what I had to do.

anything that may be suspious and who judges that...

i did jump to a conclusion with the thread on anna vs annie....

still dont understand the going big and bad and i see you are unable to discuss just this thread...kinda surprised by that...

so tell me ...what is suspious and where does one draw the line?

why are you so defensive if you felt like you did the right thing...i think you are 2nd guessing youself here and that is why you made this thread...i could be wrong.

i did what i had to do...is often the excuse people use when they know what they did was wrong but need to rationalize or justify what they did.

anything that may be suspious and who judges that...

i did jump to a conclusion with the thread on anna vs annie....

still dont understand the going big and bad and i see you are unable to discuss just this thread...kinda surprised by that...

so tell me ...what is suspious and where does one draw the line?

well, with you, since I consider you a 'friend' I feel I can be that way, like I would in real life. I have some right wing friends who I love, but oh, when we discuss politics watch out! :lol:

If you think THIS is going big and bad, then you've never really seen me mad.

And bones, if you can't see why I had to report this to the social worker at school, then maybe you should read up on the laws teachers have to abide by.

My thoughts were from the beginning so what unless there are some signs of abuse they should be left alone. Families are pushed into stereotypes of how everyone should live and it is not right to invade their rights unless a child is in some sort of danger. This world is not a place where we are all stuffed into one exact same mold, nor do we all learn at the same pace or the same things at the same time. Eleven year old are still babes whether they are male or female. Some grow up faster then others. Heck at eleven years old my son was still a sit next to mom boy. He still threw me kisses and hugged me on a regular basis, he still does and he has a son of his own. He'd not been kissed had no thoughts whatsoever about females at that age and/or what he could do with them. An employees daughter who was two years younger when son was 14 was sleeping with eighteen year old boys. It is not the same for everyone. Let a child be a child as long as they need to be. Let the parent/s make those type decisions for their children. Don't force them.

okay tell me using the url you posted...how this child fell into any of these catagories...

as you said the father takes care of her to the extreme...she would have blurted out any molestation....you said....she knows no social bounds...again you said....and yet you reported the father to someone who will bring in social services....

you ask me how i would feel if the child is being molested..

let me ask you this....how will you feel if the child is removed from a loving home and placed into foster care?

Forum List

Back